FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

TYPO3, problem with innstall.

Commando_Sondre
I am trying to innstall TYPO3 on my server, but I only get:
Quote:
Memory Limit below 16 MB
memory_limit=8M
Your system is configured to enforce a memory limit of PHP scripts lower than 16 MB. The Extension Manager needs to include more PHP-classes than will fit into this memory space. There is nothing else to do than raise the limit. To be safe, ask the system administrator of the webserver to raise the limit to over 25 MB.
Is there any one that can help me?
srijit
Quote:
There is nothing else to do than raise the limit. To be safe, ask the system administrator of the webserver to raise the limit to over 25 MB.

you have provided the answer yourself Very Happy
there is no other way. the setting has to be changed in your php.ini file which is controlled by your administrator. if you are on a shared system then he might not do that as it affects performance.
may i ask you why you are going for typo3? AFAIK it has a STEEP learning curve. is there any particular advantage / function typo provides, that you want? or you can try other CMS's.
also take a look at http://cmsmatrix.org it has abt 400+ CMS that you can compare.
Commando_Sondre
srijit wrote:
Quote:
There is nothing else to do than raise the limit. To be safe, ask the system administrator of the webserver to raise the limit to over 25 MB.

you have provided the answer yourself Very Happy
there is no other way. the setting has to be changed in your php.ini file which is controlled by your administrator. if you are on a shared system then he might not do that as it affects performance.
may i ask you why you are going for typo3? AFAIK it has a STEEP learning curve. is there any particular advantage / function typo provides, that you want? or you can try other CMS's.
also take a look at http://cmsmatrix.org it has abt 400+ CMS that you can compare.
Well, I have to questions:
1. Were is the php.ini?
2. Why shouldn't I use TYPO3?
n0obie4life
1. php.ini is in the system folder. No one but Bondings can edit it.

I doubt he will either as it will affect everyone.
Bondings
I changed the limit to 16MB. I don't know if that was a good idea, but we claim to be compatible with Typo3. Please let me know if it worked.

And no, you aren't able to edit the php.ini file.
Commando_Sondre
Bondings wrote:
I changed the limit to 16MB. I don't know if that was a good idea, but we claim to be compatible with Typo3. Please let me know if it worked.

And no, you aren't able to edit the php.ini file.
Thanks a lot, it now it says that it is okay. This is the best service I ever have seen!
And, about the php.ini file, it was just a question!
Again; Thanks a lot!
Bondings
[quote="Commando_And, about the php.ini file, it was just a question![/quote]
I know, that's why I answered it. Wink

Glad it's working now. Very Happy

-locked-