FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Another suggestion

MWANGI
I think frihost should not take too much time to give you an account. This is when you have fulfilled all of your requirements. Rolling Eyes
n0obie4life
MWANGI wrote:
I think frihost should not take too much time to give you an account. This is when you have fulfilled all of your requirements. Rolling Eyes

Wow. What are you expecting? Instant accept from a FREE service?

Damn, you are expecting too much right?
yupeng
That also meant that our admin are taking our service seriously.
I'm very happy to hear that! Laughing
Dread Lord Chaos
This isn't like geocities...you are essentially getting all the benefits of server use. I quit geocities a looong time ago because with HTML, they don't accept the 'POST' command which made it impossible for password protected pages Sad

And as the saying goes "Everything worth having is worth waiting for."
frozenhead
MWANGI wrote:

I don't want to be rude but...

No, not a good suggestion at all, it is unfair for those who are running this webhosting.

FriHost is not a charity! Confused
rainynightstarz
this is to ensure that more people who accutally need the hosting get an account, and not just some random hacker/spammer that "automatically" get accounts.

Think of it this way. Do you want an account , or want a hacker get it instead of you?
You have to EARN your way to a good free hosting1 Very Happy
relevant_grace
Instant gratification is a huge part of our society, but as this service is being offered freely, it isn't going to kill anyone to wait a spell. "Good things come to those who wait", quipped my mother... Wink
BugBear
Maybe they could make it accept instanly when you reach 43 posts Very Happy
Rookiejas
hahaha very funny bugbear

I ahve to agree with the majority of people it is a free service so if you want instant webhosting go buy a account of some company, other wise wait, i have to wait so it's not going to kill you either!

-Rookie-
eznet
FriHost is great. I have been here for over a month and have communicated both via forums and directly with the moderators and admin in a VERY quick and timely manner.

The services that FriHost GIVES AWAY are more than worth waiting a little for (hell, it would be worth waiting on a month+ waiting list) I have gone with economy host who provide little for your payment and nothing in the way of service, at FriHost (the FREE one) I have never had a question go unaswered for more than a few hours.

I guess what I am saying is PROPS and KUDOS to frihost. For people who do not want to wait there are tons of "free" sign-up now hosts available out there but good luck with em.. last free host I tried (ultrah0st) hammered sites' visitors with activeX installers and pop-ups, so like I said.. good luck and have fun!

With quality post like the one that started this thread I can see why there is disgust for the wait on getting an account Twisted Evil .If you want instant gratification there are more than a handful of sites that will accomodate you with that, if you want quality then there is !!!

Good luck with whoever you go with!
n0obie4life
BugBear wrote:

43 rather low quality, one line posts.

I suggest you better post some longer posts.
WebSiteGuru
n0obie4life wrote:
BugBear wrote:

43 rather low quality, one line posts.

I suggest you better post some longer posts.

I do agreed. Just posting 43 posts and get an account automaticallly doesnt sound right. It defeat the purposed of a good post

For an instant, if that is the rule. Any one can do 43 post or sometime even more in 30 sec. for a short post (IE: one line post.)

Another thing, to make everyone request an account manually, would certainly confirmed that the requester do want an account.
Enderwiggin
Hate to be rude, but it isnt a good suggestion at all, it may sound good when you think about it, but here's something for you to take into consideration:

Resources are limited, if they accepted faster, then what each account gets would have to be decreased, then decreased again,then decreased again, well, you get the point, The quicker the acceptance, the lower the resources per user ratio... It IS a free host after all... and one of the best ones out there, if not the best (This is my opinion, dont argue)... They arnt perfect, sure, but they are awesome...

All I can say is Suck it up and wait... might not be fun, but if you want instant service, pay Sad
n0obie4life
WebsiteGuru wrote:
Another thing, to make everyone request an account manually, would certainly confirmed that the requester do want an account.

All requests are submitted manually and are processed manually by humans. Well, the PM that is sent out (with your accepting passwords and etc or your rejecting reason) is a machine sent PM Wink
TheFaction
being accepted right away eliminates the whole purpose of the 5 post 10 pt requirement, which i feel is very generous in itself. i personally think that the requirements should be raised to make sure that the people applying for accounts are shown to be actiive, even though the decreasing points are a good checker as well.

hoping for immediate acceptance from our admins and moderators is just greedy. why dont you find another FREE hoster that will give you the qualiity and support like FriHost. i doubt you will find one. the selling point with me dedicated to staying is the way that they addressed the server 2 crash. it was amazing how much they informed all of us and for that im grateful to be a part of this.
eznet
TheFaction, Right on. FriHost has indeed been supreme in service. Requirements are increadibly low and I for one am thankful for what I have and was more than happy to do what I had to in obtaining my account. Not only this......but, I would have done more, even going as far as paying; but do they ask for you money? no... they simply kick hosting BOOTY for free.
n0obie4life
Okay.

This suggestion isn't going anywhere as a suggestion at all.

-close-