FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bytes per upload?

wumingsden
Just wondering what is the MAXIMUM file size you can upload in bytes? This is for my forum attachment Hack.

Also, however unrelated to the subject, does Hotlink Prevention eman to stop people linking to your file? If somebody does hotmlink my file will this have any effects on my account (ie. will my Traffic, etc increase?)
n0obie4life
Just put the maximum size you want your users to be able to upload in Attachment Mod Smile.

Hotlink prevention - Depending on how you have set it, it may show a page you want it to (like DON'T HOTLINK YOU NUB!) or just disabling the ability to download the file unless you viewed it from a page on your domain,
xorcist
For Hotlink Prevention, it prevents people from using your images hosted on your site to put on there site. As for max file site you can upload in bytes I think you can change that to whatever you want to.
wumingsden
So there isn't a maximum file upload. You see I want my users to be able to upload big files yet I don't want it to be restricted by FriHost
miztiik
does that mean that users can upload files of the size 250/500mb just upload servers
Bondings
There is a limit for uploading files with httpd, not with ftp. It's a few MB. I don't think that it is a good idea to let users upload bigger files actually. You are responsible for all files on your account, including the ones that were uploaded.
wumingsden
Don't worry, there are going to be restrictions. And the file has to be accepted by me or a Moderator before the upload begins.