FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need help with restoring phpBB!

Pixel
I have a forum at my site that is located on wrong server and I want to move everything that has been writed to the new server. I have made a backup of my old database and when I try to restore the database I get this error message:

Code:
General Error
Error importing backup file

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1007 Can't create database 'pixelplayer_se'. Database exists

-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump -- version 2.6.4-pl2 -- http://www.phpmyadmin.net -- -- Värd: localhost -- Skapad: 21 december 2005 kl 19:51 -- Serverversion: 4.0.25 -- PHP-version: 4.3.11 -- -- Databas: `pixelplayer_se` -- CREATE DATABASE `pixelplayer_se`

Line : 980
File : admin_db_utilities.php
Metaguy
Delete all of your databases/files related to phpbb and reinstall. Good luck Very Happy
Daniel15
You need to import the database using phpMyAdmin

Go in to DirectAdmin/cPanel and there should be a 'phpMyAdmin' link. Use the 'SQL' function from within that to restore the database.
n0obie4life
Metaguy wrote:
Delete all of your databases/files related to phpbb and reinstall. Good luck Very Happy

If reinstalling and uninstalling and stuff like that is what you can answer, please don't Smile.

@Pixel

Do not use the built in restore and backup function in phpBB. It actually SCREWS UP your forum is it's modded. No, I'm not lying.

Always use phpmyadmin to backup and restore. And, if your database is bigger than 5mb-10mb use a bigdump.

http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump.php
Pixel
I've got a new problem now^^
This is the code I see when I try to restore my phpBB-database.

Code:
General Error
Error importing backup file

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry 'config_id' for key 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES('config_id', '1')

Line : 980
File : admin_db_utilities.php

What is wrong now?
Bondings
Pixel, it would be better if you go to your phpMyAdmin (using the password/username of the database) and then remove all tables. There is also an option to upload .sql files, just upload that one to phpMyAdmin and all tables should be restored.