FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Site Showing Error.

jovemac
My url http://jovemac.frih.net is not opening.. since this evening. When I tried through FTP itsays that " windows cannot open this folder. Make sure you have typed the file name correctly and you have acess to the folder"

Please advise.
wumingsden
Mine has been saying the exact same thing.
This could be for two reasons:

1 - Rather the server is down

or

2 - The password is wrong/ The window is disturbed (e.g, because of a screen saver.

After checking out your site I can tell that the FriHost server where your hosted is down. This also includes my site. It should be up within the next day. If its not back up within the next couple of days then I would advice you to contact a Moderator/Admin.
Bondings
Yes, it's the server. It should be restarted soon. It needs a manual restart, so it's not immediately.
Bondings
Your website is back up.
wumingsden
My website is back up but I cannot login to /config. Is this because of the server still not yet up and running properly?
Bondings
You should be able to login again. At least I did. Maybe try http://cp.frih.net/ .
jovemac
Yes. I am also able to open my url. Thanks a lots for the pains taken... Cheers. The problem is resolved.
wumingsden
Thanks for that URL Bondings. The usual one that I normally use: www.wmd.frih.net/config still isn't up and nor is my ftp access through my network connection although my site is. Thanks again for the URL.
Bondings
wumingsden wrote:
Thanks for that URL Bondings. The usual one that I normally use: www.wmd.frih.net/config still isn't up and nor is my ftp access through my network connection although my site is. Thanks again for the URL.

That must be something on your site then. The config directs you to another port (2222), that one and the ftp port are most likely blocked by your isp, network or firewall. The cp goes through port 80, the same as normal webpages.
wumingsden
But I've always been able to access it even with my firewall up. I have just tried accessing it again with my firewall off and still the same problem. I also cannot access my database. When I open it up through the control panel it says "this page cannot be displayed". I was installing a mod for my forum but nothing can happen which is annoying. I get this error:

Quote:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'wumingsd_forum@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /home/wumingsd/domains/wmd.frih.net/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/wumingsd/domains/wmd.frih.net/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/wumingsd/domains/wmd.frih.net/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

I have looked in my forum config.php file and all teh info is correct, including my password. I have been also to the Hack that I'm trying to install support forum and they say its the database thats teh problem, speak to my host.

Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE:

I can now access my database through the URL http://www.wmd.frih.net/phpmyadmin/ but not through the Control Panel. FTP access still not working, I'll update again if any change.

Anybody got any ideas what-so-ever ?

Another UPDATE:

I now do NOT recieve the error code mentioned above as I've entered the info manually instead of using the automatic installer. The links are still down in my control panel but then again I did only edit this post a couple of minutes ago. I'll still keep you updated about the links in the control panel. if all goes well then this post can be closed so fingers crossed XX