FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can you dream your life without a computer ?

argha
Hi friends,,

Can you think your life without a computer ? Now that every thing works or takes an help of a computer , imagine your life without a computer ? will you be able to survive ...??
seanooi
Honestly, if there were other better things to do, then I might be able to survive without one, cause if the job you're having requires a computer, your company will most probably supply you with one.
But as for now, here away from home, I seriously have nothing better to do, so without a computer, I would probably hang myself Laughing
KHO
No, l will never go back to the sun!!! AHHH CURSE THE SUN, IT'S TRYING TO GET ME!!!

Neutral

No, but seriously, life would be so dull without a computer. l am always on this thing, l would probably just be some scary person in the park sitting on a bench talking to myself Neutral spooky Neutral
CrimsonStrange
Oh, I could certainly live without one.

For all of it's convenience and entertainment value, a computer is also a pain in the rear, as far as constant upkeep & upgrade & preventing problems/errors goes.

I guess the main thing I would miss would be the ability to look up info about a subject on the internet.
eqfan
yes,i think i can live without computers.i think something will instead of computer if no computers times really come Smile
acamas
I could but it would be hard! When I lived on the farm we had nothing to do so i could handle it!
Huhnteufel
Hmm...it's been a long ass time since I've been without a computer. Even when my mom took it away for months I would weasel my way onto a computer every day. I'm not sure how my life would be without computers...I'd either have a better social life, or a worse one...I don't know Razz
srijit
i had to be seperated from my computer for a few months and they were hell. i thought that maybe i would use that time to read / learn, but spent most of it infront of the television Razz
seems like i need my daily fix of radiation, one way or the other Shocked
SuperMonkey
I think I could survive without my PC Smile LOL it might even be good for my health (lose my pot-belly and put on a bit of mussel)

However it wouldn't be easy, considering I do everything on my PC and I pretty much spend all day on it Smile
windval
of course not

i can make a life without a computer

i need to open the computer every day or i will feel boring and nothing to do in the world~
raver
well guys i see you are pretty addicted to computers...but try to imagine how you lived beforte owning computer...Personally i pray to God every night to wipe out all of the world computers ...my life would be so sweeet without it Smile
budazz
i dont think so...computer is part of my life
yyh21m
Ican live without computer, but i cannot live without internet
Alienz
I can't live without computer. I just got my computer fixed after 1 weeks of break down. I like lost so much of informations from the internet Sad
macadamia
It would be quite difficult, I guess. I mean, I was "forced" to spend some time without my techno-friend, and it was kinda stressing, in the beginning. But then I started to read a lot, listen to radio, watch TV on real TV... Very Happy
So... in conclusion, yes, it would be hard in the beginning, but I would get used to it eventualy. Wink
dac_nip
yes. definitely, we started without computers and it would be illogical if we cant live without computers. surely, a lot of things would be missed but we can cope for sure. we are after all humans..hehe
deus
I wish i had never gotten into computers to be honest... Then i would have so much time to do other fun stuff! But i can't change that... Smile
dragonman641
Heh, I doubt I would be able to live without my computer. I've gotten so used to using it for news, sports, movies, games, and music, that I don't think I could live without it Laughing
izcool
Computers are literally my life outside of school. Yes, I can imagine myself without a computer, although I don't exactly know what I would be doing right now if they never existed in my life. I know that before I got a computer I sat in front of the TV all day. Now that I'm obsessed with computers, I'm in front of the computer almost all day and hardly even touch the TV.

- Mike.
DizzyThermal
It's tough the think of life without a computer... I think that the computer has taught me sooo much, between Website Making and Game Scripting..

Without computer I wouldn't be as smart as I am today Sad
izimngcubes15
Life...without computers? I guess so, if there weren't any, we wouldn't know what a computer was anyway, but I can hardly imagine world without computers...
xorcist
I could imagine my life without a computer. I really dont need a computer to survive, I can alwas just go out do something I could just do what I always did when I didn't have a computer which is not a long time ago. I never used to be inside I was always outside going somewhere or find something to do. The computer does run my life I really dont need it.
bewald
My life with NO computers, anywhere...

Well first off, my academic life would be completely changed. Since right now I am a Computer Science major at the University, I would be something different.... Maybe english? Maybe... I have no idea!

Then, at home ... where would I get all the information I so readily just dive to the internet for? The clothes patterns, the pit bull websites I like to look at for adoptable doggies....

My life would be so drastically different, I don't think that I would even recognize it.
leonk
Confused i dont think i could live without my PC, i cant even imagine it

nilsmo
If I didn't have a computer I would probably read a lot of books... But there wouldn't be a lot of things in the world without computers...
clip
life... without... computers... nooo!!! it's not possible!

i like spend 18 hours a day on my pc and aaaaah!!! it shouldn't be gone.. i'd go nuts!
lockwolf
Yeah, my friends and I were going to make a reality TV web show of me going 30 days without my computer and see what would happen, bound to be good!
FriBogdan
Life without a computer...yes...i can live without a PC. But if i had a PC and no software (like a new beginning...u have the hardware but no soft) i'll go crazy.
QwertyManiac
I cant without a PC in this world.. we geeks are built for em'

I cant use the Internet without Google/Yahoo coz its made for us geeks...

I cant enjoy my life if thers no PC nor TV coz I will die if my basic necessities arent fulfilled Neutral
elekis
life without google, p2p, blog, news world, etc...etc... inconcevable
PCGate
I can't live without my PC...I think it's impossible for me now
Tilly
Hrm, yes, I think I could, and I've given a lot of thought to it. One of the things I've been saying a lot since I first got into computers was "I hate computers, but I love what they do." The internet with all the information sharing technologies, the ability to fill a huge space in a drawing with black in photoshop instead of having to scribble with graphite or charcoal back and forth dozens of times, the ability to realize and animate and interact with a world in three dimensions, the ability to form thoughts in your head before you contribute them into an ongoing conversation...these are the sorts of things I really value.

But at the same time, the computer's implementation makes for a lot of frustration. Crashes, incompatibility issues, running out of virtual memory, constantly needing to update equipment and software, viruses, etc...plus the most important fact to me: computers are not ergonomic at all, even if you go to your local PC store and buy everything marked 'ergonomic' on the shelves. Computer use counts as one of the top injury-related activities, with consequences more severe sometimes than full contact football. Specifically...everyone has heard of Carpel Tunnel Syndrome by this point, it is part of a class of injuries known as Repetitive Stress Injuries, or RSI. The concept to grasp behind RSIs is that while doing a motion like moving a mouse isn't considered something that will lead to injury, repeating that technique over the course of 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, over the course of several years will result in a severe injury. This not only happens at the wrists, but at the shoulders, upper back, lower back, and neck. Basically, every area of the body used in computing.

Imagining my life without computers... if there were never computers in the first place, I imagine my main activity would be hiking. I've always loved the outdoors, especially interesting, beautiful areas. Other hobbies would include sculpting, more reading, and more drawing. (I'd have more time for the last two.) It'd actually be a very nice life, and one where I didn't regularly have tension in my shoulders. Still, at the same time, I probably wouldn't have as many friends as I do now if I didn't have computers, as computers allowed me to express my normally introverted self to others...so I guess it's a trade off either way.
yule
The computer is a part which I lives, I thought I now and later will not be able to leave it. Wink
webapp
No way...i think i spend tooo muh time with my comp than my GF
IceCameron
Sadly, no.
Bookface
I wish I could have a chance to find out.

I love to read (could you guess from the name) and I'm sure I'd have no shortage of things to do. A lot of what I do tends to involve the internet though, as it is the best way to do... well, almost anything. It provides information, it allows for communication, it is a place where I can store all my info, all the STUFF that would otherwise fill a thousand notebooks and overflow my head.

I love using notebooks, and index cards, and thin pens so I can fit in a little bit more... but they're so unreliable, unduplicatable, unsearchable, un...digital. I don't mind looking up things in a real reference book, a dictionary or an encyclopedia... but they don't provide for mispelling erors, or provide a new information on current products and events, like:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Money

I was talking about that show earlier today, and in a matter of minutes I was an expert on it. It's magic!

I don't think I'd have any problem living without it. But I don't think I can avoid it at this point, and I'm not sure I'd really want to for very long. I feel like most of the time I spend at the 'puter is still productive.
amusic
Yeah, i think computer is occupying most of my time. Internet, computer game, online game, messenger.....however, i think i can live without it. I will not let myself control by the computer, it has to be me who control the computer. Razz
PeoplesChamp
First of all HELL No....Well lets just not even think of that.. Cause lookin at everybodys response...The whole world would not be populated!..wed' be alll dead Evil or Very Mad
KoDEe
I would absolutly DIE! I wouldn't last 1 minute. =(
thiamshui
I cant survive without one.. it has bcome my means of communication n staying in touch wif friends n classmates..
statusfashions
WIFE - WHERE WERE YOU?
HUSBAND - HI DEAR, I HAVE LOGGED IN.

WIFE - HAVE YOU BROUGHT THE Dress?
HUSBAND - BAD COMMAND OR FILE NAME.

WIFE - BUT I TOLD YOU ABOUT IT IN THE MORNING.
HUSBAND - ERRONEOUS SYNTAX. ABORT,RETRY,IGNORE.

WIFE - Oh God!!! FORGET IT. WHERE'S YOUR SALARY?
HUSBAND - FILE IN USE, READ ONLY, TRY AFTER SOME
TIME.

WIFE - ATLEAST GIVE ME YOUR CREDIT CARD, I CAN DO
SOME
SHOPPING.
HUSBAND - SHARING VIOLATION. ACCESS DENIED.

WIFE - I MADE A MISTAKE IN MARRING YOU.
HUSBAND - DATA TYPE MISMATCH.

WIFE - YOU ARE USELESS.
HUSBAND - BY DEFAULT.

WIFE - WHO WAS THERE WITH YOU IN THE CAR THIS
MORNING?
HUSBAND - SYSTEM UNSTABLE. PRESS ANY KEY TO RESTART.

WIFE - WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE SOME SNACKS?
HUSBAND - HARD DISK FULL.

WIFE - WHAT IS THE RELATION BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR
RECEPTIONIST?
HUSBAND - THE ONLY USER WITH WRITE PERMISSION.

WIFE - WHAT IS MY VALUE IN YOUR LIFE?
HUSBAND - UNKNOWN VIRUS DETECTED.

WIFE - DO YOU LOVE ME OR YOUR COMPUTER?
HUSBAND - TOO MANY PARAMETERS.

WIFE - I WILL GO TO MY DAD'S HOUSE
HUSBAND - THIS PROGRAM HAS PERFORMED AN ILLIGAL
OPERATION AND WILL BE SHUT DOWN.

WIFE - I WILL LEAVE YOU FOREVER.
HUSBAND - CLOSE ALL PROGRAMS AND LOG OUT FOR ANOTHER
USER.

WIFE - IT IS WORTHLESS TALKING TO YOU.
HUSBAND - SHUT DOWN THE COMPUTER.

WIFE - I AM GOING.
HUSBAND - ITS NOW SAFE TO TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER.

Jokes Apart I just Cant Think My Life Without Computer.
Looking Ahead to buy laptop so i m not aparted from it even while travelling!!!!
Smile
Dread Lord Chaos
Without computer we might have more people playing REAL sports instead of FANTASY sports Razz Well yeah, I could definetly live without a computer, but since that isn't a problem, I'll use this sucka for what it's worth lol
greekcovers
i dont think i could live without my computer, internet and forums !

It's my medicine ! Very Happy
izcool
Tilly wrote:
Hrm, yes, I think I could, and I've given a lot of thought to it. One of the things I've been saying a lot since I first got into computers was "I hate computers, but I love what they do." The internet with all the information sharing technologies, the ability to fill a huge space in a drawing with black in photoshop instead of having to scribble with graphite or charcoal back and forth dozens of times, the ability to realize and animate and interact with a world in three dimensions, the ability to form thoughts in your head before you contribute them into an ongoing conversation...these are the sorts of things I really value.

But at the same time, the computer's implementation makes for a lot of frustration. Crashes, incompatibility issues, running out of virtual memory, constantly needing to update equipment and software, viruses, etc...plus the most important fact to me: computers are not ergonomic at all, even if you go to your local PC store and buy everything marked 'ergonomic' on the shelves. Computer use counts as one of the top injury-related activities, with consequences more severe sometimes than full contact football. Specifically...everyone has heard of Carpel Tunnel Syndrome by this point, it is part of a class of injuries known as Repetitive Stress Injuries, or RSI. The concept to grasp behind RSIs is that while doing a motion like moving a mouse isn't considered something that will lead to injury, repeating that technique over the course of 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, over the course of several years will result in a severe injury. This not only happens at the wrists, but at the shoulders, upper back, lower back, and neck. Basically, every area of the body used in computing.

Imagining my life without computers... if there were never computers in the first place, I imagine my main activity would be hiking. I've always loved the outdoors, especially interesting, beautiful areas. Other hobbies would include sculpting, more reading, and more drawing. (I'd have more time for the last two.) It'd actually be a very nice life, and one where I didn't regularly have tension in my shoulders. Still, at the same time, I probably wouldn't have as many friends as I do now if I didn't have computers, as computers allowed me to express my normally introverted self to others...so I guess it's a trade off either way.

I can quite agree with you. That's why Microsoft developed the Microsoft Natural Keyboard (the keyboard where the keys are split down the middle, angled, etc) to try to prevent carpal tunnel syndrome. I read in an old PC World magazine that your wrist is messed up when you use the mouse, since you're curving it in a way that's not natural. They (I forget who it was, it might have been Logitech) that invented a vertical mouse, that's not horizontal that most of us use now. I seen some really odd looking ergonomic chairs at Office Max where you sit on your knees and buttocks without a back on it. I don't really know how anyone can use a computer with a chair like that, but it's supposed to be 100% ergonomical.

The librarian at my school (I am a volunteer for my school library for my study hall, it's not that hard of a duty to do) was telling me that she had suffered from carpal tunnel syndrome at one time from using the keyboard wrong. She was playing golf with her husband, and she couldn't move her arm. She had to be rushed off to the hospital and it had to be treated right away, otherwise she would lose the control of her arm. She's fine now, but she has a limp finger every so often that doesn't respond when she tries to move it. She's careful on when she uses the computer now, but she told me to watch how I type, since I'm on the computer a lot.

As for the mouse, I have a really rugged mouse from the 1980's that's very crude than what we have today. It's square, bulky, and uncomfortable. My Microsoft Optical Mouse by S+ARCK (Blue) is a sleek mouse where it's completely curved. The 2 mouse buttons are the entire side of the mouse, with a blue streak that lights up in the middle of it, which does include the scroller also. I've seen many other wild looking mice but I love the one that I got on this PC.

I've already replied to this thread (first page I think it is), but I just had to make a comment about carpal tunnel syndrome and such.

BTW, I also what computers do, but I don't like them when they're so tedious to get them set right with settings, configurations, installations, and the troubles with viruses, adware, and spyware.

- Mike.
Nicekiwi9
life without a computer is awsom, ive been away from me beloved pc quite a few times, for long periods....., im quite sad to come back 2 it somtimes, coa its soo much funn without it, lol
MrStone
Nope, in fact i think life would be very difficult.
vignesh_natraj
Actually speaking had the computer had not been invented we wouldn't
wooo for it.We wouldn't have used the computer for ant of our works
and we will not think that our jobs can be made simle with the help of a computer.But since we are using computers daily ,I cannot live without
one.I mainly use computers for playing games and browsing the net.This is my main pass time,So how can i live without a computer Wink
windrei
i think i am still able to survive. There are many things which are important in my life. Computer is just one of them. Actually, my pc is only used for entertainment and information searching. If there was no computers in my life, i could still do other matter to pass the time. i have so many interests~~~~ and for browsing the net for information, i think i can go to library. In fact, i prefer paper documents more~
jaminx
Can I keep my handheld gaming devices? (i.e. Gameboys, PSPs, etc)

Even with those, I still think it would be a tough life... and a miserable one at that. I'm waaaaay too wired! Shocked

[/u]
BearClaw
Sadly...Yes I can...

And man would I be bored!

I'd have to actually work...especially in my field of study at college, Graphic Design.

I couldn't imagine how annoying layout and design would be without the help of computers.
[FuN]goku
a life without a com????? Shocked AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dan751
If push were to come to shove, then I could live without a computer. I'd at least still have a PS2 and Xbox360 to play on.Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
guissmo
Yes. I can.

I'd be sleeping all day.
Watching TV... if that's not considered a computer...
...or whatever...
orbital
i absolutely dont want to there is a life without computer.
Computer is everything.
Guelila
KHO wrote:

No, but seriously, life would be so dull without a computer. l am always on this thing, l would probably just be some scary person in the park sitting on a bench talking to myself Neutral spooky Neutral

lmao
That was on eof the funniest things I read today. Laughing
Well, no computer makes internet priceless and no internet.... almost makes a computer priceless.

These things go together.
Some people live off internet.
To access internet they need a computer....
Then again, if they don't have an internet connezion they're doomed..
Dustin
yea, it would involve lots of exersize and probably studying

Just kidding, if i lost the internet i would go crazy and change my name to knife man (my runescape name) and then go on a quest to kill a dragon because i would of lost all contact with reality Razz Embarassed Rolling Eyes
SgtGarcia
I don't think i will ever be able to live without a computer. I've got absolutely no idea how i would fill in all the spare hours i get in a week. Everything i do at the moment somehow depends on computers.
There won't be much left without a computer. Maybe i would write letters to everyone i would have mailed otherwise Razz
argha
Believe it or not I am a computer engg.and all day long I live with it , and mostly Its routine, but Internet what make IT and computers great it alive and its informative so life without a computer is now beond imagination.
mark
Hey, no way. I clearly can't. Everyone at this forum must be thinking so.
smokey4life
Well seeing as my life IS a computer so i couldnt i work from the computer i wake up at the computer fall asleep at the computer hell sometimes i even dream about my computer, seriously tho without my computer i would have no job and no life.

Quote:
You Know Your a Computer Addict When - When you go into a computer store, you eavesdrop on a salesperson talking with customers -- and you butt in to correct him and spend the next twenty minutes answering the customers' questions, while the salesperson stands by silently, nodding his head.
sibbahz
I guess i could live without a computer, they do really annoy me sometimes.
I would have to change a lot in my life though as i do use them for most things, i study ICT at 6th form, that wouldnt exist! My job in the call centre also uses computers and electronic dialing systems so that also wouldnt exist, or would involve dialing numbers and taking orders on paper and that would be awful!
I use computers as im too lazy lol
When theres powercuts like one i had that lasted 24 hours, wasnt too hard to find something else to do as some of my mates, who were probaly watching TV or on a PC as well suddenly decided to go out just because the power was off.
magnusmoty
whole life wiwout computer i will try to create one..... and modem of course.
erlendhg
Ahhhhhhrrrrggghhh....

NOO!
crazedjill
Every summer I live life without a computer. I go camping! Cool
solomagos
No way!
42mart2
I cant think of a life without my computer... Confused
I would go bananas after a week....It cant be done!
Billwaa
you know, now I am so adopted to computer that I can't really live without it...
DecayClan
Unfortunately, i am afraid that i simply can't!I use them everyday, for everything!Work,Study and for fun.They are my source of information, and my main tool for studying and having fun.Its also my media center(i watch tv,listen to the radia,or mp3's.Its everything.I also watch movies and stuff like that.Because of ALL THESE i am afraid that i simply cannot live without them...I believe that it is a kind of adixion(i don't know how to spell this).It may not come out of a bottle like drinking does, or like drugs do, or smoking, but it is something neede.I can't leave without them anymore
taxman
I think I could survive. But life is more than survival, you have to have a reason to live Wink

I usually travel to southern europe for a couple of week every year to get away from rain and not so god weather. Earlier year, Iv'e managed without computers, but not anymore - I "invested" in a laptop. No more dubbed movies on the few channels aviable. Maybe write some articles in spare time (yeah, right - spare time when on hollyday. Eat, sleep, sunbade, sightseeing)

I guess my life would generally be miserable without my watt sucking friends.
jgangl
The world would be waaay different! I can't imagine not being able to get up in the morning and checking my email. Or reading new news articles. I listen to my music, watch movies, and stay in touch with friends I don't live by anymore. Life would suck without computers.
Vrythramax
I can of course *imagine* life without a computer, but I don't think it'll ever happen.

I went to school for puters, and my current job has me working with them all day...so life would extremely differant to be sure.

I would more than likley end up a couch potato watching daytime TV and eating my way into a heart attack....I'll stick with my coffee and computer Smile
Ohsakm
I can't imagine my life without a computer and withouyt Internet, because I think that if you have a computer without Internet, you have nothing.

We life with tecnology, so we think that we can't live without them, like computer, movile phone, discman or MP3,...
lockwolf
Let me see, what would live be like without a compy?

This would make no sense at all

Code:
#include <iostream.h>
  int main()
    {
    cout << "Hello, World\n";
    return -1;
    }

I would be like half my school where everyone gives crap to everyone and nobody has an individual thought in his/her head and have, what I would consider, no life compared to the life I have now. I wouldn't know what skateboarding is and I wouldn't have a goal in life.
blackheart
yes, no different to what it is now except that instead of spending my bludge time on the net, i'd be playing my guitar or listening to music.

it's a big thing in my life i guess, but i don't 100% need it.
deeblue
in my opinion the computer is really a useful invention, especially if you have to work with it or if you need some information. it just makes life easier and more comfortable. but i have to say that there are more important things in life than just sitting in front of the screen all day long. of course you can have fun playing games or meeting people in the chat, but sometimes after a couple of hours it gets really boring.
Ressurrector
No I would killmyself
hac
can'y even imagine a life without computers. I'm in front of my OC all my free time. Can't live without it!
Ayame
Without computer, I would be very sad...and angry...
I think I might survive because I did that when I was younger...

But my life would be boring because I won't learn new things anymore, like new coding languages or stuff like that.
TonkPilz
Hell No!!!
its totaly and utterly impossible. I do eavry ting via my computer reserve tickets, Pay bills, "rent movies" *Koff koff* traveling info, email, chat and porn and lots lots more so i guess if ther whar no internet id probebly whuldent need a computer tho. Oh and i play alot of games mostly online soo the same applyes ther too but i guess i whuld have goten a console in that case or just drink beer all day donno
Raijenki
I can't dream my life without my PC...
I LOVE MY PERSONAL COMPUTER =P
bdoneck
haha, no theres no way i could survive without a computer, i'd do absolutely nothing all day. i might even end up doing my homework O_O it would be a nightmare.

but seriously, without my computer i would probably watch tv and play halo all day, my brain would rot and i'd be another one of those people that died from playing video games for hours straight
zeebo323
I couldn't imagine myself without a computer. I would be so bored all the time. The TV wouldn't even help much. Sometimes I just can't imagine how they did it in the old days.. working all day.. little to no entertainment.. Wow, that would suck imo.
miau
I'm addicted... can't live without my pc.
quixotic
Well, I have been without a computer before when my mobo fried, and... it wasn't pretty. Mad My mom and grandma pooled their money and bought me a new computer (this damn POS =\) just to shut me up from whining.

I think it'd kill my social life to not have a computer, as strange as that sounds. No one uses the phone anymore, so without a computer I'd be left out of everything my friends do.
Soulfire
Survival wouldn't be the issue, all humans can (or should) be able to survive without a computer. A lot of luxuries would be gone, and I wouldn't be dreaming, it'd be a nightmare.
ʰJgw
When you approach my front door you can't help but notice the bright white awning with green lettering that reads "No Regrets Apartments". An energetic, friendly and eccentric woman owns my building, it is the theme by which she lives her life. She has lived in the same neighborhood all her life, yet has friends she corresponds with all over the country, she never learned how to drive, yet gets around twice as much as people half her age, she sometimes skips lunch but a day never passes that she doesn't enjoy some gourmet chocolate, and her whole life even in fancy restaurants she always eats her dessert first. When I have asked how she is she has smiled back and said, with a smirk in her upbeat voice" I can't complain, it doesn't do any good anyway". She is on the move living by her own rules, always looking forward never looking back.

Every time I walk under the awning and through my front door I am reminded of the importance of living without regrets. Every day, every moment we have a choice, a choice to be fully who we want, who we dream to be or to pretend that we are less magnificent than our true selves. To pretend we have few wants, few desires and few ideas for how we really want our lives to be. Have you chosen to reach for the stars while a living a life full of possibilities and passion or to keep holding on to the railing, by passing your time in the seat of the mundane, thinking about what might have been.

You are responsible for making sure you are served up a full helping in life. No one else can go to the buffet line for you, you won't get what you want if you let anyone or anything else select the main course of your life.

When you are older sitting on your sunny porch in your automated, back massaging rocking chair reflecting back on your life, will you wish you had done anything different? Will there be any opportunities you wanted to take but did not, any great ideas you let float away, any important dreams you let go unfulfilled, I hope not, everybody says they want to have no regrets. Take the time. In the words of George Elliot" It is never too late to be what you might have been".

If you want to have no regrets at the end of your life that means you have to live each day of your life with no regrets. The answer is proactive living. This fulfilling lifestyle involves doing what you want to do, going where you want to go, being who you want to be. You know you are living and working without regrets when you are fully engaged, alert, alive, enthusiastic and in action in your life.

When you are proactive in your life problems are seen as possibilities, obstacles are seen as opportunities to learn and occasions to do things differently. What could be possible for you in you were living a proactive life? Would you go back to school and study ballroom dancing or Buddhism, travel through Europe on a bike, risk that new romance, start a new business ?

The only thing standing between you and a life without any regrets is you
heady233
argha wrote:
Hi friends,,

Can you think your life without a computer ? Now that every thing works or takes an help of a computer , imagine your life without a computer ? will you be able to survive ...??

I, I don't think it's possible. I'm always on the computer. I mean just look at my daily schedule:

1.Wake up.
2.Go to school.
3.Get home from school.
4.Use the computer.
5.Go to sleep.
Deesse
I've seriously got 2 agree with you!
I LOVE computers, using it to meet new friends (fake or real), staying in touch with my friends back home (awsome!). Don't really have a life away from my computer which is kinda scary come to think of it Shocked
I had to stop chatting online for a while because I found myself saying LOL instead of just plain laughing at something my sis would say.
yeah, me w/o a computer? I can't imagine it, I don't want to imagine it! Exclamation
KHO wrote:
No, l will never go back to the sun!!! AHHH CURSE THE SUN, IT'S TRYING TO GET ME!!!

Neutral

mtoni
i really can't without a computer.
what should i do after school ?? i come home very late en after dinner and some homework i need some kind of distraction.

The second thing is music.. I need to transfer my music to my player etc
And let's face it. If there wasn't any computer in my life i just can't graduate. All my essays etc needs to be done on the computer
mceejaydee
I use the computer for entertainment. Sometimes homework, but the computer is a big part of me. If I lived without a computer I'd prolly get back to skating...
Konvikt
NOOOOOOOO..... I can not imagine my life with out my puter Hell Noooo
MalvagioAddict
my computer is my way of life, I don't think that I could ever function as I do now (sidenote, I don't know if I'm functioning well now either) I can't imagine my life without the computer. I lock myself in my room and basically all I have for company is my desktop. then again, I couldn't live with my computer if it doesn't have games and an internet connection.
cnnet
long before
we lived in a world without computer
and we saw nothing unbeliveable
while we live in the nation need computer
when we communicate with the tool
we find we can't live without it
so I can't imagine a world without this tool
MWANGI
argha wrote:
Hi friends,,

Of course I can

I was born in a house with no electricity or plumbing and the first time I watched tv that belonged to our family is when I was eleven years old.

The first time I touched a computer is when I was fifteen years old after it was donated to us by a rich german king fellow.

Id say that it depends with where you came from and how you were raised!!

Thanks.
CamiBor
argha wrote:
Hi friends,,

i don't think that i can manage without my computer, but if i would have never started being on the computer i don't think i would realy mind because it's not something u have to have for living...
TeK
argha wrote:
Hi friends,,

Heh I survived 9 years without it, I think I can live without it. I'd just have tons more free time.
jerski
hmm... i think my life will be boring if i don't have computers....
blunty666
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 no just no the world would be a bad baaaaaad place without puters everything would fall apart an every1 would be bored sad lonely recluses who watch porn an eat too much and ppl would be so bore they would just reproduce and the world will become over run with too many kids bored kids with no x boxes or anything to play with no world with out computers in anyshape or form is bad scares me just thinkin bout it! Sad Shocked Sad
sammistrychnine
Computers are not necessary for basic survival.

I can still breath air without aid of a computer. I don't need a computer to be able to drink water or grow vegetables.
Anttu^^
well the computer is a great thing for getting all kinds of information.. and it is your own choice if you one hang around with your computer all day.. i my self have have huge experience with computers, but that does not make me wana hang all day around with it, so thats why school is a great place for some distance to it.. but we are living in this age and there is nothing we can do to stop the evolution, so i couldnt be without one at this time, but i am realy going to later in my life explore the world and leave the computer for that time Razz Cool
bassgs_17
NOOOO! You'll never take my PC! It's my life, my soul, my past, present, future, and career. If I could fully integrate myself w. my computer, I would. all hail cyborgs!
-Aquastrike
Wotac
I know my life would chance a lot without computer. I mean really, a lot. My future job is all about computers, what could I do if there's no computers in the world?

On the other hand, I would have more time for my activities, such as Taekwondo, Parkour and Airsoft. At least Airsoft has been pushed away lately, but I'm in the army now so I can keep my shooting-skills and other stuff in mind that way.
ninggdag
It's very difficult for me life without a computer. In holidays when i go to my second residence I want it Sad
phoenix
if their have not been computers there wud ad been something else... their must ad been an alternative till we actually mean that man had stop evolving which is nt possible....

and neway we r addicted & used 2 something when we know it & use it a lot in everyday life... in case their was no computer at first place their wont ad been any addiction & in case we ave not been adicted 2 computers we wud ave survived cause we wont ave known what is computers & we myt ad been addicted to the alternative which we can only assume wud ave existed in computers place......

but the point is computer does exist....
Wotac
Goes a bit off-topic but phoenix, that's pretty difficult to read.
Why not writing english instead?
kaze89
No, not really.
My computer has become a part of my life, especially because of the people I chat with (and now also phone with and visit from time to time)
I think my life would be very boring without my beloved computer
tefa_taftaf2010
life without computer???
how that come???
it wont be a life almost every thing is by computer
how can i work????
it's my only entertainment thing in my life
[FuN]goku
life wifout a comp Shocked n0000000000000000000000000000
scottmacgillivary
If I did not have a computer, I couldn't afford to send the amount of information long distance that I do now. Come to think of it, I wouldn't have long distace because that's run by a computer. Without computers, life would be needlessly complicated and also uncomplicated, however I would be incredibly bored without an encyclopedia of pretty much everything right at my finger tips. Exclamation
axlekitty
I could not, I repeat NOT be able to live without a computer. I might as well go back to the days with a horse and carriage. I would like it to either be too simple (horse and carriage, friendly people everywhere, everyone knows everyone else) or have a PC. I just can't handle not having Broadband or PC Games.
Wotac
I even have many computers, two laptops and two normal PC's. I mean they are not all mine, one big computer was bought by my parents, other big computer was bought by my grandparents for me. The two laptops I have bought by myself.
susanna mayfair
I can imagine my life without my computer but it is pretty ugly. I love having the wealth of knowledge available to me everyday that the internet provides. I know I will especially need it when my kids get older and have homework that I can't figure out. There are so many great resources online. If I didn't have my computer I would have to start paying for music and I wouldn't be able to burn movies anymore. It would cost me more to be without a computer than to have one.
ClearDistortion
yanno, I was just thinking about this today. I am a computer science major and I was just pondering the existence of computers and how much they have changed our way of life. Everything pretty much is done through computers these days, it's amazing I tell ya.
OutlawSpirit
could live easy.... computer is just somethin i do when im bored... like i do other shit when im bored 2 Cool
alja
I think it would be no problem for me, but because I don't think that I can get attached to anything for me things come and go. Off course when you think all your computer can do for you and how helpful it is in order to keep you informed then you can think about missing it but life is simple and you don't need a pc to live.