FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Security Vulunerbilities

thermaltake
I recently loaded xp onto my computer and installed a trend micro's pc-cillin internet security 2005. When i went to security check it came up with a list of vulunerbilites. What do these things do? Does norton anit-virus detect these to? Some times the system also restarts without warning and comes up with a log off errror. Can someone please help me!!
webbone
I meet this error too,When I use ewido,kill some virus,then it's ok!
ml
Quote:
When i went to security check it came up with a list of vulunerbilites.

well, why dont you show us this list? Very Happy
Keshav
You can use the program HijackThis which detects all the malware that is running on your computer. But be careful, its a little advanced tool. If you are not sure of which program is genuine and which is not..when it is detected by HijackThis program, then simply search on the net..you will find lot of information!
Pikokola
the norton doesn't show that kins of vulnerabilities, but it's save all of the log trafic- You can check this on the Log, it's also show all the operation, viressues found, scan log, and many usefull logs in it's log.
RiCtee
Quote:
well, why dont you show us this list?

It would really help if we got the list of vulnerabilities. There's a high percentage that you got infected by Spyware, which I think is rather normal nowadays. Use Spybot S&D - http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/ AND Lavasoft Ad-Aware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/, both FREE.