FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I Need Help For Intro Page On My Site

ChunkyBustout
Hello all,

I wanted to know how can I create an intro page for my site with this in mind:

After validating my site's code to be html 4.01/css 2.0, I 've found both users of IE and AOL are not able to properly view it. So, I want an intro page stating IE and AOL users will have a problem viewing my site and provide a link for Firefox.

It would be great if I could know what their browser is and either show the intro page or the home page based on that. Is this possible?
matt87
Ya, I am sure this is possible because many sites have this. I am unsure what the coding is but I would look it up. Its usually a php coding that checks browsers then goes to the correct page.
ml
Quote:
After validating my site's code to be html 4.01/css 2.0, I 've found both users of IE and AOL are not able to properly view it.

your code may be valid, but this is no guarantee for the same appearace in the different browsers.
browser switches can be done with php or .htaccess
neomax
I think you must go for a cms ;

A very easy to use Surprised
nachjo chip
You could have the same introscreen for all browsers, but use javascript to determine what browser the user is using and to display the appropriate URL using the information it has gathered.
I'm not sure of the code exactly but it can probably be found at the w3schools.
samr_vene
Take a look at this site http://www.javascriptcity.com/scripts/detect/sdetect5.htm

This is a script to redirect to the page they you want them to go to depending on the browser htey are using.

If u dont like this go to his site http://www.javascriptcity.com/scripts/detect1.htm

it gives u scripts about browsers.