FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you think Website or Software is better?

Do you like software better or Website?
Website
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
software
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Both Good
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 7

taiman
A website is a set of webpages that are joined together. It is always viewed by a computer of some kind, sometimes including the computer inside mobile telephones (see WAP).

There is almost always a single homepage which introduces the rest of the website - containing links to other pages that may be considered part of that "site" or or part of other "sites" (in net jargon which confuses a physical site in the real world with a web URL - which is not physical).

Websites can be used to advertise or sell things. They can also be used to talk to other people. A blog is a web where the location of the material is less relevant than who writes it, and which is more focused on dialogue. Very often the people who use blogs dislike the word "site" since it implies a controlled place.

A wiki is a web where the material being discussed matters more than who discusses it, or who is presenting it. The Simple English Wikipedia is a wiki.

Users can access any web (site, blog, or wiki) by using a URL. The homepage and the rest of the site usually has the same root URL - for instance, pages at the Simple English Wikipedia always start "http://simple.wikipedia.org/..." but then vary after that.

Web sites are usually presented in HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) but are not always written or maintained that way - some use WAP and others use XML.--->website
Software is short for computer software. It means the applications and operating systems used with computers. The term first used in the late 1960s to show the difference from computer hardware, the fixed parts of a machine. Before compact disks (CD's) or Internet downloads, applications and OS's came on soft media like magnetic disks and magnetic tape.
[edit]
venkateshwarans
To be frank i don't understand the comparison between websites and softwares. They are sort of completely different. Could the question be posted more clearly.
swimfornoah182
both. if u didnt have software u wouldnt have websites. and websites are just fun entertament
gonzo
I like grapefruit
lockwolf
This makes no sense

swimfornoah182 - Your Avatar is hot!
paul_indo
Yea man, this question makes no sense.

Without software you could not see a website cause you would have no operating system let alone a browser.

Software runs the computer you view it with and the server it comes from.

It's sort of like saying do you like software or printers better.
or software or soundcards.

The closest I could come to answering you is
I could use my computer without websites.
I couldn't use it without software. So I guess software is better Question Question Question

Confused Confused Confused
hheidle
what the heck is this??? webpage vs. software??? are you trying to spam us?
Arnie
Lolol I think I prefer software? |:O A website can be considered a document, and a document is a level below software Mr. Green
LandShark
uhmm, i kind of get the website vs software but its like comparing two completely different things. On a different note which do you guys like more computer or food?