FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I reckon there should be a set of logos for Frihost

Should there be Frihost Logos, would you use them.
Yes there should, I would use them
72%
 72%  [ 13 ]
Yes there should, but I wouldn't use them myself
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
No there shouldn't
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I dont care, whatever
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

dray101
NOTE: I'm sorry if someone else has brought this up I haven't seen any posts on it.

I'm pretty new to Frihost and am really liking the community.

It's really by chance that I got involved in Frihost because it was after ages and ages (and weeks and weeks) of looking for the perfect free web host that I stumbled upon it though Google.

Anyway I think this sucks! I could have saved a lot of time if I had known that Frihost existed and that I was so cool. Therefor I think Frihost admin (and members) should make a set of approved logos/buttons to link to www.frihost.com.

Then, optional of cause, web masters (like me) could put a logo/button linking back to www.frihost.com on there free website hosted by none other than Frihost.

The logos/buttons could say something like
Quote:
I Frihost

or
Quote:
Free, ad-less hosting. Frihost.com

They could be like the Firefox logos/buttons http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates/homepage

Anyway just an idea, what do you guys think? Wink

PS. I understand if you don't. I'm just interested how many people would use them and if you think the increased forum traffic would expand this awesome community!
Animal
Yeah - I think this is a pretty good idea.

It could point to a "landing page" like spreadfirefox and it could boost revenues from the likes of advertizing banners or affiliate offers.

The only thing to be carful of is the "things you MUST not SUGGEST" which includes "Placing a banner on your website" - I wonder if this would count under that category?
dray101
I think a landing page is a great idea, anyone else got ideas or opinions?
rvec
Animal wrote:

The only thing to be carful of is the "things you MUST not SUGGEST" which includes "Placing a banner on your website" - I wonder if this would count under that category?

I think not. I think that meanth placing a third party banner like the one of firefox on frihost.com. And if there is a banner of frihost I wil place it on my site. And if there is no banner I am willing to make something with flash.
Insanity
I wouldn't mind putting up a banner or button - its about the least you can do for free hosting like theirs. Very Happy
Superfan
Seems like very little to ask for. A single button shouldn't take up too much space on anyone's site. I would suggest we be able to "customize" the colors to match our sites. That way it looks like it belongs there, instead of just sort of "stuck on." More professional looking...
Splenge
Definitely, I have been looking for a hosting site for months and have ended up with complicated hosting servers which just refuse to work. This site is so cool it needs its own ad logo
Marston
DIY guys. Make your own buttons. There's a wonderful program for aspiring graphic artists called "MSPaint".

It's wonderful. Rolling Eyes
DX-Blog
I think it's best that the moment you want to show your love to your host you should just make the button yourself. Your layout will never truly match a custom button, so placing it on your page will only make it look less stylish... Ok, for some sites that is desired but not in all cases Razz.
dray101
DX-Blog wrote:
you should just make the button yourself.

Yeah that's ok for some people but some of the people using Frihost can barely use FrontPage to make their site let alone make a good graphic with a link to frihost.com.

Even I am not very good at making graphics Embarassed and would probably rather if their were some like those at www.spreadfirefox.com

If people saw a great site and with a funky RECOGNISABLE graphic (like the firefox ones) that said it was hosted by Frihost, they would want to get a Frihost account so the could have a equally cool site.
iridios
I too think a good set of predesigned buttons would be a nice way for users to help support Frihost. Maybe not so many as Spreadfirefox, but still...

Then again, I keep hearing about future ideas for Frihost from Bondings (or others?), maybe this is one of them.
Marston
http://kalsey.com/tools/buttonmaker/
Here's a quick and easy tool to make your own buttons. The style of buttons created is much like the ones you see on alot of blogs (80x15px). It's pretty good, you can customize the colors and everything. It's online, and it's free. Smile
stormybaka
Most people have a links page... Some form of linkage there would be cool. That way google bot or such would recognise it anyway.
mariohs
Well, I think there should be some official banners (all types, colors, sizes) but let people freely develop their own frihost banner, and go for voluntary use, everyone who wants to link back to frishost could just take a already built banner or develop a new one.... I don't know, it's just a suggestion... in the general thread a member just did some of those pixelbuttons (80x15) to put on your site... although some little pics or logos would be nicer than just words Very Happy

check it out

http://frihost.com/forums/vt-22859.html
ocalhoun
Along the same lines, I could really use a banner ad for frihost. It just seems strange though, to be designing advertizements on my page myself.
Perhaps, I'll sponsor a contest.
James007
It is funny to see... when hosting services force people to put ads on their sites, people want to get rid of those ads... if you don't need to display an ad, you want one Very Happy I think you are all very nice people. Smile

I think it is a wonderful idea to make buttons and banners for frihost.

I would put one on other forums, in my sig. Prepare for a giant wave of hosting requests... Razz Very Happy

Let's start a contest?

James007
James007
There will be a contest, in the not so distant future... so please don't start any contests of your own on this topic.

James007
MWANGI
Animal wrote:
Yeah - I think this is a pretty good idea.

It could point to a "landing page" like spreadfirefox and it could boost revenues from the likes of advertizing banners or affiliate offers.

I myself agree with you because I also spent lots and lots and lots of time looking for host in all the wrong places.

I think your also right about being careful with these suggestions because we might one day be forced to put a banner as a thank you.

I'm a little worried about that although I think the option is available but you can ask Bondings for permission of which I'm sure he will not decline nor deny you the permission to do something that will promote Frihost and frihosters and the entire world of good people.

I myself am thinking of placing a tiny tiny link. But I'm still in the thinking process.

Computing status...Still processing.......