FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frontpage Errors

bluffmango
Few days ago, i jus went to some of my website pages but , this error appeared in all of them in the STATUS BAR.. Page Done but with errors, i had only edited a menu script displayed on all pages thats it ... BUT i have tried fixing that as well BUT i dont know what is that error for..... frontpage always gives the error when i VIEW it .... when i remove this menu javascript from the page it seems to be running fine..... i m a novoice to java & HTML ...is there a SW that helps detect erorrs in pages and suggest solutions
bluffmango
it runs fine on firefox.....so? Sad
glennesau
different browsers work with different scripts, for example fire fox dosn't like internal or split frames, but the page shows up fine in internet explorer. you have to remember not to get frusterated with java, It is a challenging script to learn, trust me my fiance knows more about it than I do. There are different sites you can look at to find java script codes. All you need to do is know what you want to look for and google it. but again remember that different browswers act differently.
deus
Make sure all your scripts don't contain unfinished lines of code...
dkill001
like it has been stated, browsers can interpret code slightly different...to find the error in your code you should enable java logging within IE..go to internet options, advanced tab and make sure java logging is enabled. here is a website with some info http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q173469 hope this helps
--dkill001