FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is outsourcing a real concern?

Is outsourcing a evil?
Yes
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
No
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 11

satheesh
Hi,

Is outsourcing the real concern that the developed countries face now?. Is it true that the work that is being outsourced to the developing deprives the developed country's people of a livelihood or will they be just over worked if the work that is outsourced is not done so.

Outsourcing is considered to be a natural evil by the work force of the developed countries, but they provide as a valuable source of livelihood for the work force of the developing countries.

Outsourcing is also considered a cheaper way of getting things done, by the people who are outsourcing the work to developing countries. They can get the job done for 1/5 th of the cost for which the job would have been done in their countries.

Note : If you like the post please donate FRIH$ to the author and thats me
evilryu530
huge. I think that outsourcing skills and jobs to other companies will be the wave of the future. And it won't look too good for america. I have a friend who is a flash guru. he worked for the biggest edusoftware company in america. their entire flash development team got laid off and their jobs were outsourced to india. I understand from the business side that companies want to stay profitable, and by outsourcing, = cheaper labor, no benefits and workers comp to pay, etc... they will save a lot of money. its a huge concern. but on the flip side, why are they saying that american students arent getting enough degrees and credentials when the same people are outsourcing jobs to other countries? how is that going to motivate us? I think american corporations, especially in the technology field, will face huge cuts if other companies are going to compete more for our same jobs.
satheesh
Hi,

Why do people in America consider outsourcing to be so big a concern?. After all they the premier economy in the world. They are also the most stable (money wise) of all the countries in the world today. They are also considered to be the most self sufficient of all the countries, lets not say the powr they can exert upon other countries strgangling them economically and pressurising them politically. Being all this and more they should not be concerned about a few jobs going towards the developing nations.

Lets see, who won the Presidential elections in the US, last November. Wasn't it GW Bush who was all hands up for outsourcing. Then how come he beat his opponent who was against outsourcing. This was because Americans are not feeling outsourcing as a major concern.

Note : If you like the post please donate FRIH$ to the author of the post and that's me
raver
well i`m from Romania, a country that outsources other nations so i can say that i am for it Smile
But besides this...whoever has a problem with outsourcing...just look at the problem from this angle....if you run a bussiness and it would cost you 10 mi8llion dollars to have the work done in your country, but only 1 million $ to do it in another country...what would you choose? Wink
satheesh
Hi,

The issue of outsourcing has taken sharper turns. This is mainly due to the media glare it gets and the endless talks that go on and on about it. These turns that it is making are never for the good.

As more and more attention the area or the topic of outsourcing gets, more more it becomes evil. Now it has assumed the form of racial discrimination or racial abuse in some developed countries.

As soon as the peple who are against outsourcing, see a guy from the developing nation, they try to intimidate him through some or the other means.

As this problem takes more ugly twists people from the developing nations find it difficult to cope in the developed countries they are currently working in.

Regards,
Satheesh P R

Note : If you like the post then please donate some FRIH$ to the author and thats me
tribe
No. So many bias people who loved Clinton won't admit but his policies such as NAFTA and GAT and others cause it. Now many companies do it while BUSH Is in Office. Which is absurd.. Many companies are leaving but despite it over the past 2.5 years; only 1 month we didn't create jobs and it was due to Katrina.

Folks small businesses are our future. I voted NO Because of it and those companies loyal to the USA will stay here.
Scotty Too Hotty
wow finnally a really good post that i am really informed on.

First i must state who i am and what i do for a living. I am Tim and i Work for a Company Called "ClientLogic" www.clientlogic.com. We are one of the largest call centers in the industry today. I work as a Coach (Supervisor) as well as a trainer and an IT server support.

The word outsourcing is not as evil as one might think it to be. Outsourcing isnt even necissarily taking a company's calls outside of the country to an underdevelopped or developping country. Outsourcing is basically having another company to do your work for you. For example you save money by having a company like mine that is already established take the calls. Rather than having your own company get it off the ground. Clientlogic would get it off the ground, and get it going and keep you involved in it. You as a company dont have to pay for the Call center you dont pay for the COmputers, the servers any of the fine details. We are paid per person per hour at work. The reps, say the reps make 13 an hour we as a company are paid 30-35 an hour per person on thephones.

So now that outsourcing isnt just about sending work over seas, lets talk more about it. Outsourcing isnt even just to under developped countries. For example, Clientlogic has 1 site in mexico, 2 in India, 1 in the Phillipines, 20 some in the sates, 4 in Canada, 1 in germany, 2 in england, and many opther countries. Check the website above for more details.

Mind you on the same page there is also the otsourcing to under developped countried like INdia, where i quote from Management "Its Cheaper to work them there". By going to these countries it is both benificial to the country but it is also derogatory. In the fact that we pay them much less than if they were working in Canada or the US or any other developped country. But again that is a direct result of the cost of living in these areas. Even withing Canada this is the Case. The site in Toronto Makes more money than our site, in wages. Why? Because the cost of living is higher. Minimum wage is higher.

So i will end this by saying that OUtsourcing is not what most people believe it is. I work for an outsoucer. Outsourcing to other countries is also not a bad thing, it is a good thing, and as the country developps the pay does increase as the cost of living does. By having an outsourcer in an area it drives many manyt dollars into the economy. WE pay a salary which is usually paid back to a vendor. Because one person makes a little more money, other people make a little more money. Its a chain reaction.
Scotty Too Hotty
satheesh wrote:

As more and more attention the area or the topic of outsourcing gets, more more it becomes evil. Now it has assumed the form of racial discrimination or racial abuse in some developed countries.

As soon as the peple who are against outsourcing, see a guy from the developing nation, they try to intimidate him through some or the other means.

As this problem takes more ugly twists people from the developing nations find it difficult to cope in the developed countries they are currently working in.

Sorry to double post, but to add to this topic. We have many many diferent Races in my center. From Pakistani, to Indian, to Native Canadian, to English to British, to Russian, to French Canadian, to English Canadian. People are prejudist to toher people. It is their nature. And unfortiunatly, no matter what country you are from you are prejudicised upon. Its the way it is. Many of these Races, i mentioned above are Canadian Citezins.
lockwolf
I think outsourcing is great. It may take a few jobs away from places like the US but it helps developing nations with jobs and stuff like that. thats pretty cool if you ask me!
Scotty Too Hotty
I would say this is kinda important. It may take some jobs away but it also helps make a stable economy