FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is there a life after death?

Is there a life after death?
Yes
64%
 64%  [ 11 ]
No
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 17

satheesh
Hi,

We all are afraid of death. But have any one of us ever thought about what really happens after death. Do we ever give a thought to it. Some say that there lies another life after death.

According to Hindu (a religion in India) mythology, there are seven lives for every soul. After every life the soul according to the sins or the good things that it has done , will take a form superior or inferior to the current form. If in every life the soul commits only sins then it will be deemed to take life again and again and again, ensuring for itself all the worldy worries time after time.

Similarly various religions talk of variants of the same life theory, but do we take it. Its up to us to take or fake it. Please post ur replies...

Note : If you like the post please donate some FRIH$ to the author and thats me
arialskye
As a Christian I do believe in life after death. I believe in an un-fallen world, a place where decay and sin are not. (aka heaven.)
Kashinilaya
I would dare to say that real life does not take place in the physical universe. We are all floating in a dream (sometimes looks like a nightmare) until we are able to realize our true spiritual nature. If you want to know more about that, listen to what the great master of mankind have to say. Meanwhile, let me suggest an interesting book on the subject: Journey of Souls, written by the american psychiatry, Dr. Michael Newton (he wrote a second book, Destiny of Souls. Read the Journey of Souls first). You'll be surprised with his revelations!
XSTG
Well... if you trust in this, there is one. If you don't, there's none.

I mean.................. well that's a great debate you start.
Let me explain a little bit.

I think it's obvious we got a "soul" (that is a great word) because, look, a rock is composed of the same contents as you, and doesn't live. So... well, I think if you trust there is a life after death, you will live it. If you do not, well you will not.
Animal
As an atheist, I don't believe there is life after death.

Knowing my luck, though, there will be.... and I'll end up coming back as a dung-beatle or something Crying or Very sad
lisa33144
I believe there is some sort of life after death. Rasied a Catholic, I have always been taught that there is heaven. I have been struggling with my beliefs lately; however, I do not think that the soul, whatever that may be, dies with the body.
Xipha
I definately believe there is life after death. I think the reason so many people want to live forever is that we were created for immortality, but we messed up (original sin), and so now we have this lifetime either to accept or reject God (Jesus) and make that life after death either heaven or hell.

Yep, as a Christian thats what I believe.

On a sidenote-
An interesting story I once heard:

A man was challenging old lady about the existance of God, heaven and hell. Finally the old lady got fed up with his arguing.
"Allright" she said, "I believe in God, heaven and hell, and that the only way to get to heaven is Jesus. But say your right and there is no life after death. Say we both die. What do I lose?"
"Nothing," the man replied.
"Ok, now lets say that I am right and there is a God, and heaven and hell exist. Say we both die. What do you lose?"
The man said nothing and stopped arguing.
waiteck
BTw guys.. also ask yourselves a question. Where were we before we are born lol? (Also before getting in mothers womb..)
argha
Hi.. do anyone believe in life afier death... ? do you have any thing to share .. please feel free to let me know about what you thing about this ..
earthchild
yes. some of my relatives have visited me to pass on messages to other members of my family because I am the one most open to it at this point.

they are definitely in a 'better' place (heaven - in simple terms) and their messages are mainly given to help heal those family members who continue to suffer through old memories related to those 'ancestors' time on earth.

we all go to a much nicer (as in more relaxing, more fun, more peaceful) 'place' after death. in a sense we go back to God, but not God in the sense that many religions might have us believe.

In fact death is only a transition from the material world to the REAL world of the soul. yes this 'life' is more akin to a dream that the soul is having Wink

and no I am not making this up.

may peace and love be with you.
argha
thanks for the reply.. I believe how can this be possible ? like heven or hell .. We must exprience heven and hell in our life time, as the action of us and our deads will make life heven or hell ,, but after death is all blank .. I guess rest all imagination about life after death.. death is end of a chapter ,, but we cant be sure what next is set to be .. all we can do is believe or not to.
earthchild
if you mean to say it was my imagination perhaps you are right, but remember that Einstein imagined the truth about E=mc2

i think you would not have asked others ideas if you really knew what you say you believe
Bondings
XSTG wrote:
I think it's obvious we got a "soul" (that is a great word) because, look, a rock is composed of the same contents as you, and doesn't live. So... well, I think if you trust there is a life after death, you will live it. If you do not, well you will not.

What is a "soul"? According to your theory the soul is something completely different than your brain. If you die, your body including your brain dies. I suppose you agree with this.

Your memories are stored in your brain (neurons). You can forget them or a disease can errase them. (like alzheimer) So memories aren't part of the soul.

Your emotions are a part of the brain. If you take out a specific part of your brain, you can take away the emotions. (after a car accident or cancer sometimes this can happen)

Your conscience, cognition, learning and reflexes/experience are also part of the brain.

So what exactly is your soul? What connects you as a baby, a grown-up and a dement person losing your memories, eperiences and personality? I don't think that there is much left over for a soul.

Quote:
A man was challenging old lady about the existance of God, heaven and hell. Finally the old lady got fed up with his arguing.
"Allright" she said, "I believe in God, heaven and hell, and that the only way to get to heaven is Jesus. But say your right and there is no life after death. Say we both die. What do I lose?"
"Nothing," the man replied.
"Ok, now lets say that I am right and there is a God, and heaven and hell exist. Say we both die. What do you lose?"
The man said nothing and stopped arguing.

If there is a god that judges you on your belief in him instead of on your actions and decisions, then he is not the god I want to have. Believing in a god because he might exist is really not something I want.

Also, there are hundreds if not thousands of religions on this planet. Every isolated tribe had a different religion/belief.
-What if Jesus isn't the right way, but Mohammed is? Then you worshipped the wrong god your whole life. Or worship every possible god? What if the real god/religion isn't yet discovered? What if, in order to go to heaven, you need to be an atheist?
-There are people who belief that in order to go to heaven, you need to kill innocent people. What about that? Would you kill innocent people in order to go to heaven and to please your god? I really don't want to have such a god.

Why don't I believe in god?
-In my opinion, there is no indication nor proof for a god to exist.
-If god would exist and would be the god of the 'good', then believing in him or not, really shouldn't matter.
yyh21m
I did not believe it so i must enjoy my life .
macadamia
I'm sure that "living" as we know it is nothing but a phase. Perhaps the most painfull phase, because I am sure that there's gotta be a better place for us. I mean, just look at the world we live in... Nothing but constant struggle, pain, stress... Like we are sentenced to "live" for a while, so after the event of "dying" occurs, we could finaly find our peace of mind and soul.
So, the answer is yes... I definitely believe that there is life after death. If it weren't so, our whole existence on Earth would be quite... depressing. Confused
carlokes
This is a subject that makes me think hours and hours in a row about possible theories.

Right now i think that maybe when you "die" you simply lose your phisical form...and then you start living as a kind of "spirit" that can't be seen...of course there must be some kind of exception so that the cases about ghosts and familiar coming to visit us are explained....
Kiliox
yyh21m wrote:
I did not believe it so i must enjoy my life .

Well you are not obligated to enjoy your life, however i have the same opinion concerning death and life.

Most of the peoples create differents gods because they are scared to disapear after death. For my part, I still believe in God (not that one you can pray in church, even if I enjoy the structure of olds europeans churchs) although I do not belive in life after death.

Maybe I'm an highlander, and will never die. Who knows? Razz
macadamia
You know, like in Kubrick's "Odyssey"... Body is just a package, soul is content... When you break a bottle of wine, the package is destroyed, but wine remains... Therefore, when we die, our body becomes a worm-food, but our soul remains... Makes you wonder, don't you think? Confused
LeviticusMky
I do not believe in god, it is simply not logical.

I also do not believe in life after death, in the heaven sense.

I do believe that we are all part of a ballet of life that pervades the Earth and other planets, and I think that is beautiful. I also believe that we live on after our corporeal body ceases to be held together, because if we have led a good a productive life, our stories and teachings to others will carry on in our race.

In my humble opinion, humans have passed our need for religion, and should be focusing our energies on more productive endeavors, like protecting the life on this planet, as opposed to exploiting it.

One last point, if someone does believe in god, or is religious, I do NOT think they are stupid, they can believe anything they want, nothing is proven. However, if they believe that god created the world in seven days, and that woman was made from Adam's rib, then I think that they ARE stupid, because some things don't need to be proven to be seen as true.
DizzyThermal
Shouldn't be afraid of death...

((In Catholic))

Death is a warm sootheing feeling..

If anything it is hard to run from death...

There have been books about near death experiences...

They are really cool...

http://www.amazon.com

should check some out there.. =D
Pixel
I don't beleve in a life after death. Why should it be? Why shouldn't the mind die with the body?
I don't like those "lies" about a life after death.