FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ASP?

Commando_Sondre
Does you on FriHost support *.asp(x)?
I'm trying to learn something of it right now, and I wondered if you supported this?
n0obie4life
No.

.asp is for Windows servers. Frihost is using linux.
Bondings
We don't have windows servers at the moment. And linux is very bad at handling asp code and it would most likely crash the server every few days.
Commando_Sondre
Bondings wrote:
We don't have windows servers at the moment. And linux is very bad at handling asp code and it would most likely crash the server every few days.
OK, I haven't uploaded it yet, but since you are running on a linux server, I want do it anyway!
Bondings
Commando_Sondre, you aren't able to execute .asp(x) files on the servers.
Daniel15
Quote:
OK, I haven't uploaded it yet, but since you are running on a linux server, I want do it anyway!

I think he meant:
Quote:
OK, I haven't uploaded it yet, but since you are running on a linux server, I won't do it anyway!

You should learn PHP. It's a lot more powerful than ASP, and supported on a lot more servers.

If you still want to learn ASP, create an account at another host (just for your ASP files, of course). For example, 1asphost.com (which are nowhere as near as good as FriHost, but they do support ASP)
Marston
n0obie4life wrote:
No.

.asp is for Windows servers. Frihost is using linux.
Simply, asp sucks, php rules Razz
n0obie4life
If that was a biased statement, I'd pity you, totally (ie, biased towards PHP because Microsoft made ASP).

Anyway, the questions answered.
-close-