FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Man Leaves Job to Run 50 Marathons

wowz
Quote:
STREETSBORO, Ohio - Tired of the run-around at his corporate job, Craig Holcomb opted for another kind of foot race. Holcomb left his job as the chief financial officer at Little Tikes, sold his home and spent the past year on the road with his dog, Tonka, pursuing a goal of completing 50 marathons in 50 states.

-Source: Comcast.net Strange News section

So yeah... I've often thought about throwing my entire life around to run about the map for a year.... but then I thought, when asked "You've ran 50 marathons and beatten a world record, what are you going to do now?" I can't see my response being "I'm going to Disneyland".. because I just can't see the funds being available.
I mean, it's a nice thought, but I just can't see me doing it. Anyone else up for a jog? (at loss of a job?)

Wonder if his exemployer will allow him to come back and have his - or an equivalent - job back... doubt it.
Lord Klorel
a person like this completly nuts Brick wall . Giving up your job for running 50 marathons.
I heard a lot of crazy things, but this is the biggest joke i ever heard.

If you give up your job, than must it be a very important, but this is in my eyes not important enough to end your carreer.
hrtorrent
If this man realy finish 50 maratons, I think he will find some sponsors and he never will need to get his old work back!!!
Dread Lord Chaos
Well, it's one of the those "I always wanted to do" things. Although there is high risk involved such as injury or just not running up to par to be competitive, and of course not being in a sound finanical situation afterwards, but if the guy thinks he really can and wants it bad enough, I'd support em. as Nike says, Just Do it!