FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Trying to restore database

Huhnteufel
Hi, ever since I moved my forum to this server, I've had hell getting it's database up. What I eventually had to do was make a backup from my old server excluding the attachments table (forum attachments are stored in the db). I can't restore the attachments table because it's about 15mb, and phpmyadmin is limited to 2mb, which is very low i might point out. I've tried everything in my bounds to try and get this thing restored, but nothing has worked. Bondings, if I could send you the sql dump for my attachments table, would you be able to restore it? Otherwise I'm f##ked.
Daniel15
Hi,
You can use BigDump to restore your database. See http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump.php for the BigDump download, and information on how to use it.
Huhnteufel
I tried bigdump, and a script far superior to bigdump. neither are able to get this thing back up.
Bondings
Please upload the database to your root (not website, keep it private) and I'll put it in your huhnteuf_board1 database (or another one if you want).
Huhnteufel
Thanks a million, it'll be up shortly. I owe ya one if this works Bondings Wink
Bondings
I tried it for quite some time, but I always get a too big packet error. I'll try again tomorrow.
Huhnteufel
If ya can't get it up, it's not too big of a problem, i just need the rest of my database back up (it's currently 0.00kb, wasnt like that this morning)
Huhnteufel
Have you had another go at this yet? If not, can you just restore my database back? I need my forums asap.
Bondings
Oh, sorry I forgot to do it yesterday. I'll try to do it now.
Bondings
I tried again, but now I get a syntax error:
Quote:
ERROR 1064 at line 37: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that correspon ds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '6555112bdfdc5e5164776b1a512 36aa62c54d34d586873ea9781aa9851aa9a7

Any idea what this might be?
Bondings
I just managed to upload the database without an error. I hope it is fixed and working completely, now. Very Happy
Huhnteufel
This appears to be an old backup....this is from when i first moved it over. If that's the most recent backup you have, there's a backup from 12/20 on the server...i'm uploading it to my root folder now. I havent been able to restore it either though.
Huhnteufel
I'm gonna work on restoring my posts from the past couple weeks by hand. Once I have everything going, I'll be moving my forums off of Frihost. It's nothing personal, and nothing against frihost, my friend hooked me up with hosting on his Dedicated server, that's not really something you can pass up Razz. I will continue to post around though, and continue to host my blog here, as this hosting suits my blog just fine, and i dont really feel like moving it. Thanks for all your efforts Bondings Smile
Pikokola
If it's a mysql database, why don't you try to split it up
if you using mysql, try to not backup all of the tables at same time, try to split it for every 4~5 tables

the second things, i ever got same problem as bondings got, and i've got a message like this only when i'm using direct admin, it's always show somehing like that (if it's a .gz extension and you gzipped it yourself, if it's an sql syntax, it's tell us taht it's uploaded, but the database still empty Sad)

to solve the problem, i'm trying to restore it using sql (on mysql, select a database then select tab swl, and upload it one by one there (i's limited 2mbs/upload, if it's still to big, you can use the form there to write them using sql script, usually it's easy to understanding, just write the cript and copy and paste your database little by little Smile, I think bondings can do this kind of "things" Very Happy), and it's work (the databses corrected but there's still problems in my site Sad how poor i'am)
Bondings
Huhnteufel wrote:
I'm gonna work on restoring my posts from the past couple weeks by hand. Once I have everything going, I'll be moving my forums off of Frihost. It's nothing personal, and nothing against frihost, my friend hooked me up with hosting on his Dedicated server, that's not really something you can pass up Razz. I will continue to post around though, and continue to host my blog here, as this hosting suits my blog just fine, and i dont really feel like moving it. Thanks for all your efforts Bondings Smile

Ok, I understand it, certainly due to the recent downtimes of the second server. This should change, but a private server of a friend is different. Wink

Anyway, good luck with your website and blog.

-locked-