FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Speeding Up Starup Taskbar Items Loading...

mehakb
Hey Guyz.....this is just a Tip on How to Speed up Loading of the Startup Items.....which is also known as BOOT DEFRAGMENT....worked well for Me..

If you'ertired of slow apps boot times & want to give your PC a much speed boot, Follow the rules below..........

1. Go to Start --> Run, Type "regedit" & click on OK.
2. Next, Navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Dfrg\BootOptimizeFunction
3. Select "Enable" From the List.
4. Right Click on it & Select "Modify".
5. Change the Value - Y to Enable, N to Disable
6. Now Close all Applications & Restar your PC.

Enjoy......
Signing Off
|M||B|
QwertyManiac
thanks a lot, it reduced my boot-time by 2 secs only but...

BTW - why is it called boot defragment ? Confused I dont see it related to defraggin Neutral
mehakb
Its called Defragment bcoz usually in Windows XP disk Defragment speeds up Loading in the Hard Disk.....so this Process Speeds up Booting Time....
devroom
no other effects? what does it really do? or is it just the same as defrag a hd?

cause i dont want any problems now with my pc
mehakb
devroom wrote:
no other effects? what does it really do? or is it just the same as defrag a hd?

cause i dont want any problems now with my pc

Here is What it Does......
If You're tired of slow application boot times & want to give your PC a Much Needed Boost, You'er in LUCK!!!!!, As Window XP includes an excellent feature that lets you Perform a BOOT DEFRAGMENT. This mean all Boot Files are Placed next to each other in the Hard Drive to allow for Faster Booting. By Defaul this Optin is Enabled in Windows XP, However some users have reported that it is'nt shown on their Set-up's. If u still want to be Sure Follow the Steps Given Above in the I post....

Enjoy.......
Helios
It already was Y for me..

Thx anyway =)
Great tip.
FriBogdan
I don't know how it work's but i know that are some programs that moves all your boot data at the end of your HDD, where the read speed is grater and defragments the boot data...so like this u chould experience faster boots by 400%. I can't recommend any of these programs because it seems a risky process (to move boot data, not the defragment process), but if u want info u should try GOOGLE.
Animal
You should always be really careful when editing the registry - one wrong value changed and you could badly mess up Windows. Before you start this (assuming you use Windows XP) you should run a System Restore by doing the following:

START > PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > SYSTEM TOOLS > SYSTEM RESTORE

Then tell it to create a restore point. This makes a complete backup of the registry, so if your alterations do mess anything up, you can just restore the previous configuration.

Unless you're experiencing serious delays, I wouldn't recommend doing this. Slow performance can be caused by a load of thigs - most quite simple. Try running CCleaner and defragmenting your hard drive frequently. For the super adventurous, you could also try customizing the services that run on your computer - I don't recommend that newbies try this, but if you're game, you can always try it. If you mess up here, you can just re-enable a service instead of having to reinstall Windows!
FriBogdan
One more thing: if u really want to optimize your PC u should use a program like TuneUp Utilities 2006. I've test it and it works fine. Your pc must be full of junk data and the registry probably is fragmented...and TuneUp Utilities 2006 cleans and defragments your registry safe...so...use it. It has a 30 day trial...