FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows Media Player 11 beta

darklighter
a few weeks ago, i read somewhere that the new wmp 11 Beta would be released in november, but it's like the 19 of december and i still haven't seen it. Does anyone know when it will be released?
Talk2Tom11
I know that the new WMP 11 is suppost to release with Vista. Not sure about any betas for XP though. I am sorry they will make some though because not everyone is going to job to vista right away.
tanenyi
WMP 11 can b integrated into the side bar of win vista n the interface has changed greatly. lol it now looks like a iTunes on steroids. but it now has a antipiracy feature so no more illegal DVDs.Hope this helps
alkutob
Microsoft's original plans for Windows Media Player (WMP) 11--formerly code-named Aurora--were fairly low-key, with just a few minor new features. That's all changed: Microsoft has canceled Aurora, and the company is moving the Longhorn media player to XP. Now code-named Polaris, WMP 11 will be a major release. There's just one problem: Instead of shipping in November, as per the original plan, WMP 11 will now ship in a public beta during that month, coinciding with Longhorn Beta 2. The final release is roughly scheduled for early 2006. You heard it here first.