FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Web Dimensions

jarred89
Hello, I am making a site and i am making the template in photoshop and i was wondering what i would have to make the canvas size so it fits on the browser. Thanks
lisim
most internet users and other pc users use a resultion of 800Px X 600Px so that would be ur max so most of ur trafic wont have to scroll left and right
jarred89
oh ok but the site comes up really small when someone has 1024 x 768
frozenhead
Nah!? You're wrong!.. My PC do use lower than 800 X 600 resolution eh?..

Hehe, nope.. just kidding aside.. Yeah..800 X 600 resolution is a good dimension for a start and also viewable enough for all the resolutions higher than it. Wink
Reign
800*600 but keep in mind users also have toolbars etc...

I always take a screenshot of my browser and paste it into a 800*600, then delete the content of the website you were viewing...
bapakerwe
i see once a website [i forgot the address] it can resize automatically whether i use 800x600 or 1024x768 or even 1152x864!
anyone know what web-program which could made it?

Thanks
FH
dkill001
this site explains some javascript that can be used to display a different pic based upon the users screen resolution...if I were you I would just stick to 800x600 - I optimize my sites for that resolution...
here is the discussion on this topic, simple google search to find it...
http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/help/archive.php/o_t__t_2797__change-image-based-on-resolution.html
coolboy
I heard about a piece of code once that configurates your website pervisitor! So if I have like 1024X768 it'll come onj my screen with that resolution. But if someone else has like 800X600 it'll be 800X600. www.freecodes.net should. If the link doesn't work anymore, or you cant find it, try tapping it in at www.google.com with "website resolution automation code' or something like that!