FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you know such technique that..

shamil
Do you know such technique that by doing that I will completely be sure that my site is secure and will not be hacked. If not why?
photon
i dont think a site can be "100% secure" even if you take all the precautions. this is because newer bugs are found in various s/w (like php/mysql) and no server is totally hacker proof
JustaMin
You can be 99% secure, but you will never be 100% secure unless you physically own the server your site is on and use pure HTML for your pages.
Stubru Freak
JustaMin wrote:
You can be 99% secure, but you will never be 100% secure unless you physically own the server your site is on and use pure HTML for your pages.

Someone could still hack it...
But no there is no way, and certainly not one single technique.
shamil
PhBB used
Code:
define('IN_PHPBB', true);
technique. What kind of hacking attempts does this technique is against.
Stubru Freak
shamil wrote:
PhBB used
Code:
define('IN_PHPBB', true);
technique. What kind of hacking attempts does this technique is against.

I think it's meant for includes, to prevent them from being opened from a browser or an external file, so they're only includable by files of the same phpBB installation.
But I'm not sure.
Rhysige
Yeah its so you cant access the included files directly instead it has to be called via a PHPBB page. A source of small annoyance when adding stuff Razz
PCGate
PHPBB? Try to find another, because PHPBB is very popular and hackers know many holes in it.
JustaMin
Stubru Freak wrote:
JustaMin wrote:

Not without coming to your house and physically accessing you server....not so much hacking as breaking and entering Wink
Stubru Freak
JustaMin wrote:
Stubru Freak wrote:
JustaMin wrote:

Not without coming to your house and physically accessing you server....not so much hacking as breaking and entering Wink

He could find a hole in windows XP (or anything your computer is running on)
qbawler311
If the actual web pages are "unhackable" the server still is. Anytime a server is sending and recieving I/O comminications to the web there is some possibly of a security breach, no matter how secure you think it is. Also don't get confused by the hardware/software meanings of the word server. You can have a Dual Xeon Processor (harware) server running an Apache Server (software) ... Also I wouldn't stress security so much until you have something somebody wants. If you don't have anything except a forum and some information content anyone smart enough to hack your site probably won't.
JustaMin
Stubru Freak wrote:
JustaMin wrote:
Stubru Freak wrote:
JustaMin wrote:

He could find a hole in windows XP (or anything your computer is running on)

Which has nothing to do with any of the scripts he is running. my point was that a pure HTML website is 100% secure in that it has no possible security vunerabilities. The vunerabilites in the OS have nothing to do with his code, and it's his code he was asking about.