FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

simple site layout

dkill001
http://www.dmk66.frih.net/index.php

simple site i created about a phone - siemens s66...not much content for now, what do you think on the layout?
CrimsonStrange
I like it!
It's easily readable; easy to find your way around, and has a nice streamlined look.
The menu adds an interactive touch, and you're presenting the information about the phone in a simple, concise way.
Your choice of colors are good, too.

Very nice, dkill001!
budazz
nice one... looks like the win xp
airh3ad
cool site..thumbs up..and Cheers ~!!!
dingdong666
Sweet layout dude..
Simple & Sweet.

I loved the DHTML Menu.
kenzo
nice menu...

just like windowzzz....

I like your site, it's a good subject... Laughing
kain
That's awesome. Very clean and the side bar is really cool. Good job.
Jon82Brown
looks like microsoft but it looks decent
dkill001
thanks for the comments...at least I know I am heading in the right direction! I always shoot for the following:
i) simple nav
2) optimized for 800x600 (or make two page versions for diff monitor res)
3) website should not contain too much info per page - it is like info overload!
CrimsonStrange
dkill001, if you wanna know what would appeal to your site's visitors, just think about what you like & don't like in a website.

Go look at some of your favorite websites and pay attention to the layout, the navigation, the color schemes, and the overall functionality.

Pick out the parts you like and try to incorporate those ideas into your creation, while staying away from aspects that you don't like.

But the main thing is... don't stress over it, man!

Your site looks great; your visitors usually won't notice little imperfections, and every artist is his/her own worst critic. Wink
Tilly
I have to say this is a very nicely done website. The graphics are clean, layout is easy on the eyes, intuitive and uncluttered, and the information contained is very useful for one looking for information on MP3 capabilities. I think the only thing you have to concern yourself with is the URL, which doesn't seem very memorable. (Then again, I don't know if this is a website more for you, or to draw others. ^_^Wink
Uloewa
that's too bad, I can't judge because the hosting isn't able to show the site. too bad, after all these positive replies...

maybe I could learn something about 'less is more'
dkill001
i created the site so i could learn php and interact with a mysql and/or access db...it'll be a plus if ppl actually use it! i choose frihost b/c they offer free hosting with no ads, a decent amt of storage and allow for php/mysql development. sorry the site did not load for you...it is out of my ctrl for now!
prillan
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kamote
Shocked love the menu. thats great. keep up.
Jeremy
i love the background thing with the phone

also i love the menu area and how it works.......cool
smart19
the site is a little bit cyber
Motoracer380
yeah that is a pretty simple php layout.
Loathing in Fear
Nice nav bar, and simple layout! I like it! Very Happy I also agree about the "not to much information on one page" thing...Smile