FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I have a problem....Mozilla Firefox

I am using Mozilla Firefox 1.0.4 and my theme is "Noia 2.0 Lite".

Problem: Whenever I go to a website with php-Nuke, my browser hang for about 40 seconds. Why?

MY PC SPECS:
Intel Pentium 1.8Ghz
Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP2
256 DDR
n0obie4life
is it happening if you use other themes? try using some other theme...the best is the default then tell us.
blackant
Sometimes it is the problem with the tables on the site.
Firefox seems to have some problem rendering large number of tables on certain sites.

Why don't you try IE or opera to see if the problem is due to Firefox?
boutolliz
the problem is with the theme, it requests too much memory, because its graphics are too complicated and then pics have big sizes, so it takes too much time to load them, ...
I've installed it, and i really it takes too much time to open sites like PHP-NUKE, I agree, ...even Frihost takes too much time to be opened...
the only thing that i'm sure is that using the default theme of firefox or themes that have simple graphix, avoid you to have similar problems...
Nice surf with FIREFOX!!
blackant
boutolliz wrote:
the problem is with the theme, it requests too much memory, because its graphics are too complicated and then pics have big sizes, so it takes too much time to load them, ...
I've installed it, and i really it takes too much time to open sites like PHP-NUKE, I agree, ...even Frihost takes too much time to be opened...
the only thing that i'm sure is that using the default theme of firefox or themes that have simple graphix, avoid you to have similar problems...
Nice surf with FIREFOX!!

You mean the theme for firefox causes all these problem?
Maybe you can feedback to the developer if it is due to the theme.

seems like fancy theme is not a good idea.
meangurl
seems like the theme ain't compatible... but still it's better to stick to the default theme.. you won't have any problems that way
James Bond-007
Moved to the Computer Problems and support forum.
wraith
as the other members said, try other themes. without direct access to your problem, I cant help you very much though, sorry.

Another suggestion is that it might just be firefox's fault, because I know that it sometimes loads websites layout wrong, so it might just be having trouble setting up pbpnuke.
darkelven
the problem may be the theme. I guess it consmes many resources. Try with another.
mathiaus
I think we all understand now that he/she should try the default theme Wink
No need to post the suggestion for the 10th time is there? Rolling Eyes
AnGeLicK
well as long as it isn't a firefox problem... and whoever said try ie... Shame on you
n0obie4life
IE is useful at times..like update windows Very Happy
billgertz
well probably it has somthing to do with the theme that you used in your firefox.. have you tried to unload the theme and attempted revisit the site with Php nuke.. i dont believe that Mozilla has a bug. check on your computer configuration specially ur browser settings.. and also, make sure that the theme that you use in mozilla is compatible because sometimes these add-ons are using shared files of Mozilla.. Wink
babumuchhala
Well most probably it looks like a theme problemo. Go back to default theme and see what happens.

Also try removing the extensions u have installed if theme change dosent work. bcos my bizzare problem was due to faulty extension update.

If not then go to Opera but dont ever go back to IE
jebdm09
Maybe its your connection. What are you hooked up with?

If it is a problem with the theme, I would reccomend changing it to the default or SaferFox, which is simple (it actually reminds me of the iPod and other Mac products).
ANGRA
maybe is a user problem Confused
alpersoft
Maybe you can feedback to the developer if it is due to the theme.
nikolic
Submit a bug report to the project, be sure to include the OS platform, the page source that caused the hang, and whether or not it is running on your own server.

If you are running PHP-Nuke on IIS, then other things may be going on as it handles php erratically (or really, php developers generally handle IIS erratically by developing PHP code in place on Apache)