FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Aliens - Myth or reality?





XSTG
I am wondering if Aliens are a myth or a reality. Do you folks think it's one, or the other?

Personally, I think it's a myth. If there were really aliens (green people with multiple eyes, "popular tought"), I think they would have shown themselves to us ages ago if they really wanted to conquer the Earth.
EVILSKAAP
Aliens must be real, there is so many documented cases of unexplained abductions and sightings that it could only be attributed to aliens. The truth is outhere...
CMA
XSTG wrote:
I think they would have shown themselves to us ages ago if they really wanted to conquer the Earth.


You're watching too many movies, my friend. Why would the aliens be a barbaric race bent on conquering our planet? Why can't they be peaceful and only came because they were curious about us and wanted to learn more about our people? Maybe they don't show themselves because they don't know how we would react to their presence, so they believe it's safer to stay in the dark. Just a thought...

Yeah, I do believe there are aliens out there. Our planet being the only one out of billions developing life seems rather odd. Also, there have been many sightings, strange things showing up in the sky and even ancient documentation (like drawings on stone) that make me believe that there *is* something/someone watching us. About all those people saying they were abducted, more than half of them must be people lying and asking for attention, but there may be some that were really abducted between them.
blackheart
XSTG wrote:
I am wondering if Aliens are a myth or a reality. Do you folks think it's one, or the other?

Personally, I think it's a myth. If there were really aliens (green people with multiple eyes, "popular tought"), I think they would have shown themselves to us ages ago if they really wanted to conquer the Earth.


Are you asking wether aliens are real, or wether a specific branding of alien is real?
I don't believe that any of the alien sightings are genuine. In the history of man-kind, there may be one actual encounter - but the rest are just hype and over-active imaginations.

Are aliens real - as in non-earth-based lifeforms? Yes, of course they are. The likelyhood is what-ever life-form they are that they are far too far away that we will ever establish communication (it could happen, but it's just unlikely), but the universe is infinite. In an infinite space, how could earth have been the only pin-point in which life-forms have, well, formed?

What about the meteorite with dead bacteria on it?
One of our solar-system's moons, Europa, is believe to have boiling hot, liquid water beneath it's icy surface - and that it could support life.

It would be incredibly small and close-minded to think that our planet was the only life out there, anywhere.
blackheart
am in agreement with everything the post above mine said, also.
benwhite
Mathematically, aliens are no myth. Probability shows that the likelihood or our planet being the only one is so incredibly unlikely to be zero. Furthermore, there are likely millions of planets with life as advanced as ours or more. That's not to say humans or anything of the sort would be the case, though it likely would on some. It has yet to be shown if our body plan is really so efficient that it would evolve on other planets given similar circumstances. But with so many millions of opportunities, there's little doubt they exist. In our neighborhood of the galaxy (little green men), highly highly unlikely. Math doesn't help support that notion.
googolplex
i think aliens arnt real

the only people that see them are crazy
piecesoftrees
I really feel that we can't be alone in the universe. There's so much space, why would we be the only things within it?

They're probably wondering the same thing about us.

In my opinion though, I think the government really do know about this stuff but really don't want us to know. I think they've covered up a lot over the years. If this were the case. we're human beings too, why shouldn't we know? Why is it better that we don't know?

Anyway, I feel that we can't possibly be alone.
Reaper
Well, most all of the alien sightings are hoaxes or can be explained with science. There may not be aliens out there but we would be just plain stupid to think that were the only planet with life on it, even if its just primitive animals, plants, or bacteria on those planets.
XSTG
CMA: Exactly what I think, WHY couldn't they be friendly.
Blackheart: Well no on all aliens.


My oppinion: Let's live with that and stay alive the time we can, and maybe when we'll be death they will show to us, I don't know, maybe there will be prooves of their existence....

But I mainly think ... if an Extraterrest is something OUTSIDE Earth, well all astronauts are Extraterrest. And most likely, if ever aliens exist, they would be unicellular being or little animals. And I wouldn't imagine them green with many eyes Razz
Soltair
Aliens sights: People wanting to be interesting. I do not think any alien showed up so far. If they had shown, they would have been clearer.

Why would the aliens be more evolved than us? Maybe... maybe not. For the bacteria thing, there also are bacteria corpses on Mars, proving that some kind of extra-earth life does exist. But evolved aliens... They might be just like us, or be something we understand. Or it could be totally beyond our comprehension.

Maybe they're similar to us and just ask themselves the same question... Universe is too big to be alone. But... so far nothing shown.
Pixel
I think aliens exist, cuz the universe is so bloody huge! We can't be the only ones that are alive?
Paul Knight
Sadly I think the distances involved in travelling to other worlds that could contains other life forms, sentient or not are too large.

Our closest Star is alpha Centauri, which I believe is about 4 Light years away. Thats a travelling time of 4 years at the speed of light, which we cannot travel at as we'd disintegrate at the atomic level. Our best engines couldn't get us a 1/100th of the speed of light yet, which means we'd take 400 years to get to the nearest star.

Considering the odds, the nearest stars are not likely to have Planets surrounding them supporting Life anyway.

Ladies and Gentlemen Aliens may exist but to us they may as well be science fiction, as we are unlikely to ever be within reach of them.
dray101
I think there is probably aliens out there but not the type aliens that everyone thinks of!!!!!!

When ever someone thinks of aliens they think of little green men with big round shinny eyes (thanks to Hollywood). But people don't realise that if ants where on mars they would also be aliens! Just not very intelligent ones!

Alien:
Quote:
stranger: anyone who does not belong in the environment in which they are found

Quote:
being or from or characteristic of another place or part of the world; "alien customs"; "exotic plants in a greenhouse"; "exotic cuisine"

Quote:
In biology the adjective alien, as in alien species, means that the normal locale is somewhere else, that a species or specimen exceptionally has been established in the area in question.


Aliens could be mice Wink
Nyizsa
Well, it is a popular idea on Earth... Give the less advanced a gift of our "civilisation". But what if they don't want us to? Then we will give it by weapons. Right? And what if those less advanced guys are actually more advanced, but not on the field of killing each other? They might know some cures of diseases, some achievements in electronics and mechanics, but have never heard of gunpowder? Are they less advanced than us?
Sadly, yes. We think so. Hence the idea that anyone more advanced than us has the capability to completely devastate our civilistaion. And that THEY WILL USE THIS CAPABILITY. This is our limitation, and perhaps those guys don't want to establish contact with such a retarded population.
Contradictory, isn't it?
QwertyManiac
If we can be alive and kickin, so can they.. I wudnt rule out any possiblity Wink
acamas
The is one science proof of life kind of. I saw this on The Discovery Science channel! Earth sensers picked up a hot fast object. This object got pulled closer to earth from gravity. The object then acted against gravity and went back out to space... It had to be a space craft. its not like a meteor or something. Every country's satalites were not near the area accept for one. This one also collected infomation on the object.


So i beleive but I think the government has an alien craft and trying to use its technology... Who on earth is smart enough to create the Stealth bomber huh? Not us!
erlendhg
Maybe ailiens are real...
I don't know, but if they really are, they are not looking like the green creatures with big eyes that we think ailins look like Razz

Or what....?
doug hines
Paul Knight wrote:
Sadly I think the distances involved in travelling to other worlds that could contains other life forms, sentient or not are too large.

Our closest Star is alpha Centauri, which I believe is about 4 Light years away. Thats a travelling time of 4 years at the speed of light, which we cannot travel at as we'd disintegrate at the atomic level. Our best engines couldn't get us a 1/100th of the speed of light yet, which means we'd take 400 years to get to the nearest star.

Considering the odds, the nearest stars are not likely to have Planets surrounding them supporting Life anyway.

Ladies and Gentlemen Aliens may exist but to us they may as well be science fiction, as we are unlikely to ever be within reach of them.


You assume that another species evolved along the same path as we did. Perhaps they had 100 generations of einsteins and newtons back to back to further research in particular fields. maybe they dont have physical bodies. just because it is impractical for humans to travel to another star does not rule out the possibility that it isnt as easy as jumping in a car and going to the gas station (across the street) for an alien civilization.

you are too closed minded
arialskye
wow...this is kindof a funny thread. I guess I don't believe either way definatly. As someone said fossilized bacteria were found on a meteor, which is considered alien life. As far as inteligent beings, I highly doubt that they exist and if they do I doubt that we'll ever meet them. (our universe is so massive that pretty much anything could be hiding up around there.) On the why havn't they contacted us thang...Ever think that just maybe we're smarter than the aliens? Razz
Kashinilaya
It is obvious that there is life somewhere else in the universe. But let's not expect to find only human-like forms of intelligent life, surrounded by earth-animals-and-plants-like forms of "less intelligent" life. If we look around we'll be amazed with human criativity. Let us not be arrogant enough to put limitations to God's criativity!
Paul Knight
doug hines wrote:
Paul Knight wrote:
Sadly I think the distances involved in travelling to other worlds that could contains other life forms, sentient or not are too large.

Our closest Star is alpha Centauri, which I believe is about 4 Light years away. Thats a travelling time of 4 years at the speed of light, which we cannot travel at as we'd disintegrate at the atomic level. Our best engines couldn't get us a 1/100th of the speed of light yet, which means we'd take 400 years to get to the nearest star.

Considering the odds, the nearest stars are not likely to have Planets surrounding them supporting Life anyway.

Ladies and Gentlemen Aliens may exist but to us they may as well be science fiction, as we are unlikely to ever be within reach of them.


You assume that another species evolved along the same path as we did. Perhaps they had 100 generations of einsteins and newtons back to back to further research in particular fields. maybe they dont have physical bodies. just because it is impractical for humans to travel to another star does not rule out the possibility that it isnt as easy as jumping in a car and going to the gas station (across the street) for an alien civilization.

you are too closed minded


Not close minded my friend. Just Human Wink
Paul Knight
Yes it's nice to have an active imagination. I too watch Stargate SG-1 and Star Trek. I'd like to believe too that aliens exist and I admit it's a possibility, but in our Einsteinien universe meeting them would be near on impossible due to the great distances.

If like you say, there could be aliens that can travel great distances in the wink of an eye, then fair enough, but thats beyond a Humans comprehension at the moment.
doug hines
Paul Knight wrote:

Not close minded my friend. Just Human Wink

touche my good chum.

still, to be human is to have imagination. to have an imagination is to ask "what if..."; to be open to possibilities that seem far fetch or even impossible.

ah to be human
Ohsakm
people always thnik that aliens exist, but sciencists says that alien don't exist, others think that alien exist.

i think alien can't come to the earth, but i think taht alien exist becauseas in the earth there are life, somewhere in the universe can be life.

when scientists explore all universe, adn they don't find alien, i will acept that alien don't exist, but it is impossible to explore universe, so we can think that we want.
Animal
I reckon aliens exist. But I don't think they've ever been to (or even near) earth. It's unlikely that in the whole unknown expanse that is space, us humans are the only intelligent beings, but to us a few miles is quite a long way and planets in our solar-system are almost unreachable. In terms of space, the distance between us and the sun is probably completely insignificant, so I think it's unlikely other beings are able to come as far as earth.
webapp
Has anyone seen them ever
Reaper
I highly doubt it that anyone has ever seen them. However That doesn't mean they dont exist, we actually have another planet in our solar system that was once as Lively as earth is now, but the sun litterally destroyed mars by taking mars atmosphere in chunks when the solar winds hit it. (The solar wind is produced by the sun for those of you who dont know.)The earths core creates a powerful electric like orb around the earth that extends far into space and blocks the solar winds which trashed mars. But if a solar wind does get though this electric sphere redirects it to the poles where it creates the Aura seen at both poles.
SuperMonkey
I think that Aliens could exist, considering the number of planets that exist it is impossible for earth to be the only one with life on it.

However I doubt very much that people have been abducted by aliens, and that any one that claims to have been abducted is/was either high or drunk at the time, or they have serious mental issues. Smile its pretty interesting that the majority of "abductions" are American, and a lot of those people are pretty odd.

Its possible that the closest alien life to us could be less advanced than we are, or that they are in denial of the possibility of any other life outside of their planet, just like a lot of people on earth are.
mele
I'm 100% sure that there are aliens. We can't possibly be alone in all this space. However, I don't think they are smart like we are, I think they exist on some plantes in forms of insects or little larger animals at most.
benwhite
I don't understand the prevalent notion that any alien life can only be insects or other small unevolved animals. There's absolutely no reason to think this. If life continued to evolve here, then on the millions of worlds where life sprouted, it would evolve to varying degrees, both more and less than us. Some worlds are much older than ours, so any life would have more time to change. We're not the be all end all of the universe, that's a bit geocentric.
izimngcubes15
We never know, is universe really endless? Is it possible to time travel? Is it possible to go into different dimensions? What lies beyond our galaxy? We may never know. I don't think worrying about aliens or other living organisms in other planets really matter, all is matter is life on earth. But I think aliens are real, I do not think Earth is the only planet that has living things living on. And how do you know other galaxy somewhere loong loong far away, that there maybe a planet just like ours?
silliman
Hi fellow aliens,

I kind of agree about what blackheart and arialskye said regarding bacteria hitching a free to earth on the back of a meteorite. I saw a documentary on TV this week where scientist actually have shown that bacteria can survive space vaccuum, heat, impact, etc., etc.

Given the debatable idea that humans evolved from "organic soup" (amino acids), perhaps our origin is "alien."

The last point is less egocentric or humancentric. We need to remember that earth IS in outer space. Hence, all that is here is from there.

Smile

Mark
avk
I think they are real truth
If Human can live in this earth then why cannot other living organisms cannot live in any other planet.
I think the UFo viewings are also true
silliman
Sup Peeps,

Just a trailing thought to add to the mix... Have you ever wondered why the head of major world government spend BILLIONS of dollars on scientific instruments to detect or contact intelligent life forms from outer space (e.g., SETI, etc.). It sure leaves me wondering why nations would see their citizens go hunger or without medical services while spending billions on telescopes and listening devices.

Could these governments know something we don't know?

Happy Holidays

Mark
FriBogdan
If u mean extra-terrestrial life, i think live is out there, somewhere, but i don't belive that aliens (or intelligent live from out of earth) are here or something like this. The universe is to big to be alone...but this is the main reason...vast distances that make's travel impossible...so the aliens u are talking here...i don't think they exist.
Texas Al
silliman wrote:

Just a trailing thought to add to the mix... Have you ever wondered why the head of major world government spend BILLIONS of dollars on scientific instruments to detect or contact intelligent life forms from outer space (e.g., SETI, etc.).


No. I wonder why so little money is spent on genuinely interesting scientific problems like this one and so much is spent on foreign policy adventures and the "war on drugs".

Are governments besides the USA even spending money on SETI at all? Anybody from other countries know?

Also, it's a mistake to put research spending side by side with world hunger. Scientific research is the one thing that ever brings lasting change... without it we would still be in the same endless political games over and over, human nature being essentially unchanging. If you want to identify where to get money to feed (or better yet train and invest in the self sufficiency of) the starving, look no further than the trillions that private individuals waste on entertainment and businesses waste on perks for management and consultants. Research spending is a fart in the wind compared to that.
Reaper
silliman wrote:
Sup Peeps,

Just a trailing thought to add to the mix... Have you ever wondered why the head of major world government spend BILLIONS of dollars on scientific instruments to detect or contact intelligent life forms from outer space (e.g., SETI, etc.). It sure leaves me wondering why nations would see their citizens go hunger or without medical services while spending billions on telescopes and listening devices.

Could these governments know something we don't know?

What he said above is true, there will always be someone starving for this simple reason, our world is overpopulated with humans plain and simple.
Also if they did make contact with another intelligent life form(s) i'm pretty sure that they have advancments in science, weapons, or medicines we wouldn't have, so it makes sense that they want to find other life on a different planet, or just another inhabbitable planet that we could goto if our planet ever died.
ekingisrael
there is no aliens!!- thats only a fiction of the stupid human brain,and even if there is-no one said that they are more developed than we are.
stop acting like fools!-get a life. Exclamation
todabeat
Quote:
there is no aliens!!- thats only a fiction of the stupid human brain,and even if there is-no one said that they are more developed than we are.
stop acting like fools!-get a life


How can you be so ignorant man. There is a huge universe out there man, how can there NOT be something out there. It certainly doesn't mean that these aliens are monsters, they could even be very similar on our physical features
All i got to say is that i am a believer. The truth is defenitly out there.
drunkfun
Myth? How on earth (no pun intended) could it be a myth when it's a REAL movie?

Reaper
ekingisrael wrote:
there is no aliens!!- thats only a fiction of the stupid human brain,and even if there is-no one said that they are more developed than we are.
stop acting like fools!-get a life. Exclamation


This type of thinking usually comes from a religion angel because they think that they are the one and only race created by "god" which of course we know is a bunch of bull.
todabeat
drunkfun wrote:
Myth? How on earth (no pun intended) could it be a myth when it's a REAL movie?



LoL... Funny.

I agree with Reaper 100%....
todabeat
drunkfun wrote:
Myth? How on earth (no pun intended) could it be a myth when it's a REAL movie?



LoL... Funny.

I agree with Reaper 100%.... (to ekingisrael:) Some people are just compleately ignorats.. and they have no imaginatio either. Not being open in a subject like this one is just dumb. You come here and express your opinion. What you don't do is try to put your fot down and close a topic like that. It's very stupid and childish.
clip
i think aliens are not a myth and neither a reality.

not a myth, because, they're not written anywhere in mythology. <.<

not a reality because they are just products of man's wild imagination.

how can i say that they're just a product of man's wild imagination? because aliens have 2 eyes, a nose, 2 hands attached to arms and 2 feet attached to legs. they're like a man in a stupid outfit.

well, but, who knows?
todabeat
Actually they have discovered that they are written n mythology... on Egyptian and Maya
picsite
i think this topic has to do with religious principles too....for example christianity and god. If you believe in a upper being god, you may not believe that there is anything else supernatural except him. However, if you're my friend who doesn't have a religion than ur open to all of these beliefs...me personally ...i dont believe in aliens
Dread Lord Chaos
Outer space is such an absurdly vast realm few people can really fathom it. TRILLIONS of miles. Trillions. Trillions upon trillions. So many body masses exist in the universe it is unlikely that Earth would have evolved into the only one supporting life. Life on other planets probably does exist....possibly similar or not. We are carbon based organisms, perhaps other forms exist out there with molecular and physical structres entirly difeerent from ours. Conjecture is the best we can do for now as only time will tell.
windval
i just think alien is the future people come from the earth~~

i know it is quite nonsense

but i think it is possible
Reaper
clip wrote:
i think aliens are not a myth and neither a reality.

not a myth, because, they're not written anywhere in mythology. <.<

not a reality because they are just products of man's wild imagination.

how can i say that they're just a product of man's wild imagination? because aliens have 2 eyes, a nose, 2 hands attached to arms and 2 feet attached to legs. they're like a man in a stupid outfit.

well, but, who knows?

Yes that's what we think they would look like but that doesn't mean that is what they look like, and from what I have read you have said nothing that disproves alien existance and your other myth theory well todabeat pretty much summed that up.

Also yes it does have alot to do with religion bias and their beliefs which have been proven to be wrong before.
Quote:
There are only two things that are infinate, the universe and mans stupidity.

Another quote that I find to be true.
todabeat
If they found an 'organism' and i believer they found 'water' mars i can most definetly believer that there is life out there.
OnlyOneLife
What are the chances of the earth being the only place in the entire existance of space ----- LEt me remind you that there is endless space in space. It's so VAST and ENDLESS that it's impossible to imagine.
RedMuse
The universe is so grand that the planet Earth can't be sole planet having life on it. Whether they are more or less intelligent than us, is a question that remains to been seen.
hrtorrent
Maybe, maybe, maybe...
Aliens as we see on TV and imagine in dreams and fears are just SF.
Space is huge and live is so varied. Man think in limits, Earth limits. There maybe exist aliens, but in totaly diferent manner of live. What if they are so big or so small that we can't percept it. We are organic beings, but they mabye based on sulfur or silicium or something else.
It is comfirmed that life exist in various forms at for humans unhabitat places on earth...

Space is huge, and distance between stars and planets is too high for humans. I think some day people will find evidence of life outside earth. Or that life will find us... Maybe...
mae1strom
I think the UFO sightings are infact fake, but I also believe that there is alien life that we have not yet made any contact with.
Mrs Lycos
Well who says that aliens have to have even a body? Maybe what we want to call aliens are just entities that actually exist in more dimensions than us, and we are just like ants to them. May be that's the reason why they haven't contacted us... And maybe travelling isn't as time consuming as it is for them if they are for example pure energy entities. Have you thought of that?
The FreePay Guide
EVILSKAAP wrote:
Aliens must be real, there is so many documented cases of unexplained abductions and sightings that it could only be attributed to aliens. The truth is outhere...


There's also so many documented cases of sightings that are attributed to government testing.

Check out the book "Behold A Pale Horse." The guy who wrote it was very high up in the Navy and shortly after writing the book he was run off a cliff by a car, and lost his legs. But none-the-less, he touches on tons of topics from aliens and spacecrafts, to the JFK assassination, to Freemasonry... Etc. He provides documents from high up officials as proof and everything. It's pretty good. I don't believe everything listed in the book (some of the documentation is pretty loose), but he has a lot of solid stuff in it.
denggi
Aliens are definitely real..somewhere in the universe. But those alien sightings..i'm not so sure though.
April_May
It is a big possibility aliens exist. The universe is HUGE and we are just in a single solar system. Do you see all those stars? Well we can only reach the sun and because there are planets evolving around the sun, maybe it is similar to the other stars and there is a planet like earth. If we just find a piece of living organism such as fungi on another planet, it is an alien. Aliens are just living organism not from this world. If mars has a small criter or moss or something, that is the proof there are aliens. We have evolved from icky organisms, soon the other icky organisms on other worlds will evolve too if they havent already.

Does that put light on your thoghts? Sorry, Icky organisms sounds so girly. Razz I just couldnt think of the name to describe them in short.
Dustin
realty, the universe expands for infinity and theirfore there is an infinite chance of something eventually happening. It probably wotn be advanced life, but bacteria. remember wherever oxygen is life is sure to follow
silliman
Texas Al wrote:
silliman wrote:

Just a trailing thought to add to the mix... Have you ever wondered why the head of major world government spend BILLIONS of dollars on scientific instruments to detect or contact intelligent life forms from outer space (e.g., SETI, etc.).


No. I wonder why so little money is spent on genuinely interesting scientific problems like this one and so much is spent on foreign policy adventures and the "war on drugs".

Are governments besides the USA even spending money on SETI at all? Anybody from other countries know?

Also, it's a mistake to put research spending side by side with world hunger. Scientific research is the one thing that ever brings lasting change... without it we would still be in the same endless political games over and over, human nature being essentially unchanging. If you want to identify where to get money to feed (or better yet train and invest in the self sufficiency of) the starving, look no further than the trillions that private individuals waste on entertainment and businesses waste on perks for management and consultants. Research spending is a fart in the wind compared to that.


I find some of your rebuttal somewhat hyperbolic. My comments casting reservations on the amount of money governments spend on research for the purpose of identifying alien life was NOT to be misconstrued to suggest that “therefore ALL research is a waste of money as implied by your remarks, “it's a mistake to put research spending side by side with world hunger.”

I think research and research dollars spending that mitigates world hunger is one of the highest priorities. That being said, my original assertion remains: “Could the money (research dollars) spent trying to find an alien be better spent else where (e.g., medical, world hunger, peace, global and cultural understanding, etc.)

Lastly, I concur with your statement that we need to ALSO look at the “trillions that private individuals waste on entertainment and businesses waste on perks for management and consultants.” … very good point.

Notwithstanding the above misunderstanding, the MAIN point of conversation that I was trying to provoke related to the following: If governments publicly purport not to take the existence of alien life seriously, then why are some of the very poor and discombobulated governments of the world spending billions of dollars to find aliens?

Happy New Year Friends, Aliens and Elvis
fiveboltbox
sure there are other life forms in the universe... and i think that some of them have been on earth.. at least i know a bunch of people who once were driving in a car on a lonely road and saw an ufo, and the girl which saw it and told me that is a trustable person... besides there are numerous videos of strange stuff... and the rings in the fields in UK, i dont think that some teens are joking around there...
DX-Blog
I'm pretty sure there are aliens. The universe is simply too big for them not to be there. The true question just is, how close are they? If they can reach us, they are truly of an intelligence form of life, seeing as to how the distance traveled would be immense, even for the closest star system.

Who knows whether they have been here already or not, hell, if you have the technology to travel lightyears you will for sure also be able to cloack yourself from some primates as us and you would laugh at how we "just invented the wheel".

You could even say that aliens could be walking right amongst us, investigating on us closely. The way we live, the way we move, etc. Either whilst being cloacked themselves or whilst being genetically altered to resemble human appearance Razz.

No-1 could prove that that happens, but also no-1 can prove that it doesn't. We'll just never know till we truly meet them Razz.
essentialmedia
XSTG wrote:
I am wondering if Aliens are a myth or a reality. Do you folks think it's one, or the other?

Personally, I think it's a myth. If there were really aliens (green people with multiple eyes, "popular tought"), I think they would have shown themselves to us ages ago if they really wanted to conquer the Earth.


I think that anyone saying that aliens are an absolute myth is an incredibly un-educated and naive person. No offense.

NO matter what your school of thought (religous or otherwise) time is an eternal thing. So is space. That being the case it is not only impossible but also illogical to think that we have formed life on this planet and that no other time or place (both things being infinite) has been able to sustain life.

I can absolutley assure you that somewhere out there alien life exists. Now it may not resemble popular belief but it does exist. You (well anyone) for that matter cannot absolutely prove that it does not. Then again you cannot absolutely prove that god exists either. Wink

Shane
valkyrie-heavens
i dont know about aliens, but i believe in the possibility that in the other galxies there is life like us.
lisa33144
I'm certain there must be aliens somewhere in this huge universe. What I don't know is how intelligent they are or what they could be like. I guess that is what is left up to the imagination, at least for now, maybe forever.
nOScott
Maybe , maybe not ? Who knows until i see one with my own eyes i will not know
Jimbo
Aliens have to exist. There are millions of galaxies and some of them must have some inteligent life
wumingsden
Has anybody heard of the Drake Equation? If not read on:

Quote:

Frank Drake, in the early 1960s, came up with an equation (called the "Drake Equation") that calculated the possibility of extraterrestrial life. He determined that there was a possibility of 100,000 to 1,000,000 extraterrestrial civilizations in our galaxy (the Milky Way) alone. With so many complex and huge solar systems across the galaxy, the Earth cannot be the centre of the universe. Because if it is then what is the purpose of the rest of the huge universe?

Water is the main source of life on Earth. Taking a clue from this, European scientists, using ultra cold orbiting telescopes, have discovered unimaginable volumes of water in inter-stellar space. This discovery raises questions about life elsewhere in the universe. Scientists were astounded to find water in the freezing atmosphere of Jupiter, Uranus, Neptune and Saturn (and its moon Titan). They have even identified a cloud of water, less than a light year across, in the constellation Orion.

A year after the US dropped its Pathfinder lander and its rover on the Martian surface, some scientists claimed that Mars could have some sort of life. There is evidence of an ancient world that was warm, wet and possibly hospitable to life long ago and a dry rocky world that has changed little in about two thousand million years. About three thousand million to 4.5 thousand million years ago, there was fast flowing water which deposited some boulders on the Martian surface which the Pathfinder recorded and beamed back to earth.


from:http://www.ufodigest.com/doaliensexist.html
hades9366
Freud came up with the theory of christ-transference to explain the rapid increase in UFO and extra-terrestrial sightings that appears to have begun around the beginning of the industrial age. It basically goes like this, for many people living in this modern age a belief in science precludes the possibility of a belief in God or gods however human beings often still feel the need for a belief in something outside of ourselves. This might be something more powerful than ourselves that will come and save us or it might be some dark sinister power that allows us to solidify our un-nameable fears. UFO's and extra-terrestrials fill this void that science creates.

Of all the earnest sad little people that try to bend your ear on this topic at parties the conspiracy nuts are the funniest to listen to. My local city government just spent 1/2 a million planning a bus route through ten city blocks, the idea that any government could efficently conspire to keep a secret this big is unimaginable.

Personally I think that given the size of the universe there's probably a good chance of life out there but I think the majority if not all of the "evidence" is concocted by the delusional.

The nature of reality and what constitutes something being "real" is a discussion for another topic but whatever you choose to believe, may the farce be with you.
Programmable
I don't beleave it until i meet one of then!! Very Happy
digibluez
You all got a wrong understanding of alines,they musnt be like you imagine,haveing all this super high tec stuff,spaceships and whatever,they canbe just like us and waiting somewhere out there on a rock. They defenalty exist,but not as the big eyed green mofos...
Reaper
hades9366 wrote:
Freud came up with the theory of christ-transference to explain the rapid increase in UFO and extra-terrestrial sightings that appears to have begun around the beginning of the industrial age. It basically goes like this, for many people living in this modern age a belief in science precludes the possibility of a belief in God or gods however human beings often still feel the need for a belief in something outside of ourselves. This might be something more powerful than ourselves that will come and save us or it might be some dark sinister power that allows us to solidify our un-nameable fears. UFO's and extra-terrestrials fill this void that science creates.

Of all the earnest sad little people that try to bend your ear on this topic at parties the conspiracy nuts are the funniest to listen to. My local city government just spent 1/2 a million planning a bus route through ten city blocks, the idea that any government could efficently conspire to keep a secret this big is unimaginable.

Personally I think that given the size of the universe there's probably a good chance of life out there but I think the majority if not all of the "evidence" is concocted by the delusional.

The nature of reality and what constitutes something being "real" is a discussion for another topic but whatever you choose to believe, may the farce be with you.

Well part of what you say is true, most if not all UFO sightings are bull, however please don't compare it with your citys obviously stupid city officials because im sure even a child could devise a bus route for less money.
Also a man/woman who talks about aliens is a nutter yet a man or woman who can er talk to god or hear god talk to him/her isn't? Im sorry but if you put religious things behind you, who would seem more like a mad man? The person who says he or she can talk to god or er hear god vs the man or woman who said they spotted an unidentified object in the air? I know I would rather trust the as you put it the Mad alien nutter over the Religious nutter who might shoot me for saying god doesn't exist.
Canadian Bacon
I agree with those that have said any kind of extra-terrestrial life has to exist somewhere out there in the vast region of space. but this debat also touches, I feel, on another issue, and that is the beginning of the universe. If you believe in the big bang theory then the universe is billions of years old. Scientists have determined that the universe is approximately 14 billion lightyears in diameter. Let's also remember that the term light year is a measurment of distance, and not time. However, in relation to the big bang, if it indeed holds true, then the universe expands at the speed of light, therefore it is not infinite, and is a measurable amount of actual space; which is always increasing. This next point I am not 100% sure about, however I'm going to say it, from what I have heard the stars we look at in our night sky; those seen by the naked eye, are those from just our "Milky way" galaxy alone. And approximately half are estimated to be extinguished stars. Meaning that the light we see is just light still traveling in our direction until the last point of light energy passes us and can be seen no more. With all of this said, if the universe is in fact 14 billion years old, then there is a possiblity of a very large number of species of being similar to us that could have lived and died out. Our calendar year is based on a religious belief that helps stabilise those that do not understand the concepts we are discussing in this thread. It is a way to protect the weak minded from panicking and to control them in a way those who do understand see fit. 2006? No. More like 14 billion and 6. I might have gone off course about what this thread was meant to debate, but I find that these things I have discussed help to put into prespective that vastness of space and the numerous amount of possibilities of extra-terrestrial life in not only our galaxy, but the universe we live in.
acron170
this migt get off topic but theres no way aliens can't be real(thats my opinion). Scientists say thatthe sun is a star and that the only way stars that are billion miles away are for them to be the size of the sun. so if theres all thoase billions of suns then atleast 20% of them have to have planets in there orbit that have some form of life wether its plants animals or some 3 eyed creature everyone calls a myth. Of course the 3-eyed green thing is fake because no one has proof that they have seen aliens so that meens no one could have seen what they look like. oh and(here's the sort of off topic part) how did the bacteria get to earth after it was formed from lava??? you think it magically apeared? no it floated from a planet in another galaxy on a asteroid that came from that planet(mayvbe the planet esplode). but no mater what anyone says theres also the point that there is no physical proof that aliens are or are not real. so i guess there is no answer.
Canadian Bacon
Yes you are right there is no proof that they do exist. However the chances of extra-terrestrials not existing beyond our third rock from the sun is so small that it might as well be true. In anycase, only time will tell.
hades9366
[/quote]im sure even a child could devise a bus route for less money.[/quote]

This was my point the size of government organisations makes them clumsy and inefficient machines incapable of keeping secrets.

[/quote]Also a man/woman who talks about aliens is a nutter yet a man or woman who can er talk to god or hear god talk to him/her isn't? [/quote]

Hey I don't discriminate they're both nutters but I find the conspiracy nutter amusing and I would probably listen to him but the real religious nut is scary.
criticaldensity
Carl Sagan the great astronomer once said that the distance between earth and closest livable planet is too far of a journey for anything to live.
gonzo
myth is real. obviously your belief effects changes in reality.
Texas Al
Eh? I thought reality was real and that it doesn't give a damn what you believe about it.
AndyBroke
Of course there are other lifeforms somewere out there in the universe.
The Earth Can't be the only planet with living creatures.
Canadian Bacon
criticaldensity wrote:
Carl Sagan the great astronomer once said that the distance between earth and closest livable planet is too far of a journey for anything to live.


I would like to know when that quote was made. If the next 100 years are anything like the previous; in terms of technological advancement, then I see no reason why the journey could not eventually be made. If you take star trek for instance, the timeline that occurs in puts that level of space travel to 400 years in the future, from our present time. Are you saying we could not have similar technology? Einstein said nothing can accelerate faster then the speed of light, he did not say you cannot travel faster then the speed of light. And if the phenomena of wormholes exist then there is no limit to travel in space. These are all things yet to be discovered; but I would hate to think the exploratory adventure of trying is not worth it. Let us be honest, would it not be cool if in the next 100 years say, would meet another culture,another species of life either as advanced or even more so. It is our duty as the smartest beings on this planet to keep an open mind, to explore the possibilities. If this planet is all there is out there, and nothing else, I would call that very boring.
yuniq
I believe in Aliens.

I think there is one live next to me Smile
Cyouz
To me I think aliens are a myth... Aniwae its quite impossible to have creatures with super UNUSUAL features...

Freaky
ocalhoun
The little green men are actually leprechauns.
Aliens are red.
mares
i hate aliens. i hate alien bites! they are living with us.! its horrible!
Mushmush
XSTG wrote:
I am wondering if Aliens are a myth or a reality. Do you folks think it's one, or the other?

Personally, I think it's a myth. If there were really aliens (green people with multiple eyes, "popular tought"), I think they would have shown themselves to us ages ago if they really wanted to conquer the Earth.


I like that theory Smile
Cause you know what looks like an alien today?
No familliar to them as I know.
loserfest
I think it's impossible for there not to be other life in the universe. We're just one little planet that's part of one little galaxy, that's part of something even bigger, and so and so on. Even if it's one tiny single-celled micro-organism, it's still alive isn't it?
a.Bird
googolplex wrote:
i think aliens arnt real

the only people that see them are crazy


This is a very interesting look on the situation. "If people who are crazy see aliens, that leaves no sane human left to truly testify their existence, therefore if humans have not seen them, they don't exist." This could be way off, but it's about what I summed up in my perspective of your response.

I could hardly see how humans can know everything in the entire universe, farther than we can possible see with our technology. As mentioned before, the universe is infinitely large, infinitely small. There could be a star so far away that we could never see it. That's really far considering we can see very distant into space. However, there is a start a billion times farther away than than the previous star and Earth, so on and so forth.

Our planet has a specific periodic table of elements. Based on the fundamental scientific laws nature, gravity, matter, etc., we and everything we see are formed in mutualistic equilibrium of life. Of course, humans with their cultivated sense of individualism end up ****** a lot of shit over, the idea is that nature permits life to evolve from itself and into itself again. That is to say, "life" as we know it on Earth with the aforementioned periodic table. With a universe of endless distance, endless distinction of matter, there could theoretically be a planet 400 thousand times larger than Earth, with gravity RELATIVELY more intense than ours (of course RELATIVELY less intense than a planet even LARGER than that one.. it's infinity) with organisms composed of completely different molecules and instructions. Completely different sensory organs that respond to solar rays in a completely different way.

What evidence is there to contest the possibility of non-Earth lifeforms?
Canadian Bacon
None. And that is the whole point of the thread. Can we really be so blind to say there is not "aliens" out there, somewhere. Given what we have discovered about this universe we are apart of, it is much more realistic to say we have found no evidence they don't exist; rather then sceptics say, what evidence have we found they do exist.
MadPhantom
I think u are an alien ¬¬
maia
i believe that extra-terrestrials are real.

there are millions of galaxies out there, with millions of stars and star systems in each galaxy. each star system has planets.

let's assume that at least one galaxy has one star system that has one livable planet, so that's still a million of planets that will have millions of species who live in it.

our star system is a young one, and so we could expect to be behind in evolution, in intelligence and in technology. for all we know, they are scorning us and ignores us because they may think us too uncivilized & not evolved enough, that we are unworthy of attention and unworthy of "occupation/colonization".

it is very arrogant indeed that in the billions of stars with planets out there, that we could think that we are the only intelligent beings in this universe. for all we know, there may even be multiple universes as some theories say.

let's not talk of aliens as they are shown in old movies and tabloids. let us talk of aliens as fellow intelligent beings who just happen to have evolved on another planet. for all we know, they could even be the race of "Gods" that our ancestors have talked about -- highly advance beings who play genetic engineering and chess with our planet and it's species.
drunkfun
todabeat wrote:
drunkfun wrote:
Myth? How on earth (no pun intended) could it be a myth when it's a REAL movie?



LoL... Funny.

I agree with Reaper 100%.... (to ekingisrael:) Some people are just compleately ignorats.. and they have no imaginatio either. Not being open in a subject like this one is just dumb. You come here and express your opinion. What you don't do is try to put your fot down and close a topic like that. It's very stupid and childish.


Yeah, im gonna take s h i t from a little knob who made the most un original webiste about gay rap music...

E A T M Y S H I T
stealth_sniper
I think that aliens are real but they are not like the ones in science fiction movies which are green and have weird eyes. They could be living somewhere in the universe since it is infinite. I don't think that we are alone in the universe. There are centillions and centillions............................ of galaxies or if there are infinite galaxies which have their own stars which have their own solar systems which have their own planets and then have their own moons.
The earth cannot just be the own planet with only lifeforms in the universe.
mark
Who says they want to conquer Earth? What if they are more backward people than us and are actually scared to show their faces to us?

But I have to say this that we are not alone..... somewhere in the universe lies another form of life other than humans.
Rachael
i was at my friends house one night and we saw a shooting star and started having this conversation about aliens. and we came to the conclusion that WE human beings are the aliens that every one is wondering about. long long ago we visited earth and ended up living here but over the years just like religion it was forgotten about. so we dont know that we are actually aliens. haha. our mother ship is calling Razz
silliman
Rachael wrote:
i was at my friends house one night and we saw a shooting star and started having this conversation about aliens. and we came to the conclusion that WE human beings are the aliens that every one is wondering about. long long ago we visited earth and ended up living here but over the years just like religion it was forgotten about. so we dont know that we are actually aliens. haha. our mother ship is calling Razz


Rachael,

If what you say is true... Then earth is "Gilligan's Island" (1964 TV show -- you may have seen the reruns). I nominate you to be the "Ginger Grant." The rest of us cast-away aliens will have to accept our lot as "Gilligans."

Smile
solarwind
CMA wrote:
XSTG wrote:
I think they would have shown themselves to us ages ago if they really wanted to conquer the Earth.


You're watching too many movies, my friend. Why would the aliens be a barbaric race bent on conquering our planet? Why can't they be peaceful and only came because they were curious about us and wanted to learn more about our people? Maybe they don't show themselves because they don't know how we would react to their presence, so they believe it's safer to stay in the dark. Just a thought...

Yeah, I do believe there are aliens out there. Our planet being the only one out of billions developing life seems rather odd. Also, there have been many sightings, strange things showing up in the sky and even ancient documentation (like drawings on stone) that make me believe that there *is* something/someone watching us. About all those people saying they were abducted, more than half of them must be people lying and asking for attention, but there may be some that were really abducted between them.



I agree with this.
carriage_return
I will be honest, I only read the first page of this thread. I had little time but found the whole thing interesting (read amusing) enough to try and post a little bit. Hopefully I'll get to read all the posts afterwards.

I read a lot of people saying that the universe is too big for us to be the only life form in it. Good enough, it's a simple and sound point, easy to make and explain and it also has a lot of charm. Then again there might not be any other life forms (let's discard all that bacteria thing, I know most of you are looking for laser beams here ^_~ ). I loved all the talk about math as I used to be a math geek myself; of course the best part is that it doesn't mean anything. Most probability rules rely on some kind of "all thing being equal" precept which could or not exist, and even if it did there is also the possibility (*wink wink*) that everything just goes random sometimes.

Are there aliens out there? Sure, why not. I don't see a reason there should not be any. Will they come here with big laser guns? Hope not. Will we meet them eventually? You can probably meet some of them now through most internet dating services. Will they be selling life insurance? YOU CAN BET ON IT.

carriage_return
godam64
there is no evidence about alien presence. not even in holy quran. so i think there is no better planet than earth. alien may exist in low form like bacteria. earth is the best.
Reaper
godam64 do keep in mind that no real religion would ever, And i mean EVER mention aliens in their bible, or w/e they use to warship from for one simple reason. It goes against there religion, especially the part about god creating earth with animals and humans on it, and he just put stars in the sky so we could wonder What the hell are those things in the sky? which of course is all bull shit, we all now know that they are galaxys and solar systems created over billions of years.

Also our world is not the best, in fact if we continue using our planet like we are now itl die, or at least go into another ice age.
psycosquirrel
I think aliens as they are portrayed in the media is completely false. But, some form of life may be out there. The universe is a large place, getting larger by the second, so we probably will never know...
saiyeek
I think it is a reality coz there must be life outside earth.
Kael
Think about how vast the universe is. Billions of galaxies. Every star that you see in the sky is a mere fraction of what exists. Of those, there are many just like our Sun .... Sol.

To think that we are the ONLY sentient, or even intelligent, form of life in the vastness of the universe is quite arrogant, wouldnt you say. But then again, isn't that one of the biggest problems with humanity? Our arrogance and self-righteousness. This same belief will be our undoing.

I'm not an Area-51 nutcase. Nor am I one of those conspiracy theorist guys. But I AM a realist. There's just no possible way that we're all that the universe has to offer. I'm not even debating whether or not we've actually been visited or not. I'm simply stating that there's no way we're alone. Think about how depressing and uninteresting it would all be if we were anyway. Wink
jongoldsz
I am sure that Aliens exist. I don't believe abduction stories because if Aliens can make spaceships, then they can make some device to study organisms.
DecayClan
Aliens DO exist.Believe it or not, like it or not!
If we think that space is infinite, hten there MUST BE an other form of life, which has some form of intelligence.But because the space is IFINITE, they may haven't spotted us yet.Also think of the possibility, that the they have desappeared, because: Space is infinite, with infinite chances BUT time is also infinite, creating infinite chances for them to vanish.
Also think about this:Lets assume that they are already here.Would they some themselfs???I seriously doubt it.Why would they?If they sudently appeared, a world crisis would take place.Economies would collapse.People would try to steal their technology, and HUMANS WOULD CREATE A PLAN, THAT WOULD ALLOW THEM TO DESTROY THE ALIENS IN THE FUTURE, because we are always afraid of something that is superior from us.Of course the initial purpose of a project like that, would be "for the defence of humanity".So why would they so themselfes to us?They simply just will not.If they wanted to destroy us, then we would has already extinct overnight.(a race being able to travel 10000 light years in a snap, does have he power to destroy civilizations overnight.They might show their faces, when humanity will become more mature...In the future...
crimsonessence
Yea i agree,,, the universe is either infinite or constantly expanding, and thus other life must exist. Dont forget that there are infinate 3d universes all around us that must also include all possibillities. ( Hyperspace by Michio Kaku is a great book explaining dimensions, and Beyond Einstein is a great book too by kaku)

Its just not likely that we are alone in all the universe(s)
I think that it would take a lot for a society to come to a point where we can used advanced tech because it has the potential to destroy as well as benifit.

Sooner or later when we can put aside our differences and all the BS and come together as humans and have things run efficiently and peacefully. Hopefully it wont take some cataclysmic event to bring us all together but it will happen one day..
Reaper
I think your going a little bit far by mentioning other dimensions of galaxies, because that is 100% based on theory and even if its not another dimension would basicly be like ours with a few small differances like kerry being elected presedent instead of bush things like that.
Vrythramax
I think there is intelligent life out there. For us to think that our 1 little planet out of the infinity of space is the only one to have life and/or intelligence is just plain arrogance on our part.

As for why they haven't shown themselves to us....if you had the technology to travel such great distances and you took a look at what we are doing to ourselves with wars, famine, corruption, and depletion of our own natural resources....would you want to introduce yourself or would you just skip this channel and move on in your search. To take that one step further....maybe they look just like us and have been here for years.

After what we have done to our planet already WHY would they want to take us over??? Just because they are alien doesn't mean they are bent on our destruction and global take over.

nuff said....I'll get off my soapbox now.
anhstar
Im sure that there are aliens somewhere on other planets.

We cant see them and prove that they exist nor can we say they dont exist. Just like god's existance.

The univers is huge and to think that only on earth life exist is a little hard to conceive.
Scimus
With respect to the first post on the page.
I'd like to say that, the probability of aliens existing is much more than the probability of the existence of GOD.
Now if aliens were a myth, imagine what God is.
Also, aliens may be like us, need not necessarily what we see in the movies and maybe just as evolved as us, so they have not reached beyond the limits of their own galaxies.

We need to give it time.
silliman
After a seven-year journey, a NASA space capsule returned safely to Earth on January 15th with the first dust ever retrieved from a comet known as Wild 2. About a million comet and interstellar dust particles are thought to be pristine leftovers from the birth of the solar system about 4.5 billion years ago. But what if these particles have viruses, bacteria or organic compounds that when combined with earth’s elements cause catastrophic results to the environment and life forms.

We know the earth has indigenous life forms that can be dormant for decades and even as long as a 100 years. How can we be sure that what is retrieved from places beyond our solar system won’t wreak immediate havoc or spawn disaster 100 years from now?

Alien life forms might not only take the shape of bubble-headed, large-eyed figures, but also include spores, viruses, bacteria, micro, nano and neutrino-sized elements, organic, and inorganic compounds. (Let’s not exclude material that we cannot begin to conceptualize.)

One might argue that we have the necessary “safeguards” to prevent inadvertent release into our environment. But, as technology proliferates throughout the globe and as less sophisticated, less responsible governments begin dabbling in “science projects,” what assurance do we have that earth’s delicate ecosystem won’t be destroyed (and we along with it)?
Reaper
Please the probability that one virus or disease could spread fast enough though-out our world to kill off the entire human race is unrealistic, humans also have a way of developing resistances to such things, wheither its a natural resistance or not. And as for the virus's in comets and stuff, well I doubt there was ever time for life to form on any rocks we retrieve from our own solar system, also do keep in mind that its theorized that earth got all its water from the asteroid belt around our solar system so most of these viruses or diseases if there are any would allready be here, just in mutated forms.
Soulfire
Reaper wrote:
Please the probability that one virus or disease could spread fast enough though-out our world to kill off the entire human race is unrealistic, humans also have a way of developing resistances to such things, wheither its a natural resistance or not. And as for the virus's in comets and stuff, well I doubt there was ever time for life to form on any rocks we retrieve from our own solar system, also do keep in mind that its theorized that earth got all its water from the asteroid belt around our solar system so most of these viruses or diseases if there are any would allready be here, just in mutated forms.


It wouldn't kill everyone, but it could put a decent dent into global population. Disease spreads incredibly fast and can mutate so quickly, antibiotics and medicine can't keep up with it.

By the time humans develop the resistance, many will already be dead.

Viri from comets? That's a theory I haven't heard. Although it sounds plausible, it most likely would have mutated so much that it's entirely new, much as animals can evolve so much they become entirely new.
whplace
Its arrogance to thing we are the only ones alive
smokey4life
Do you really think that we are the only lifeforms in this whole entire galaxy, even dimension? I hihgly doubt it. Now im not saying that there are flying saucers and green guys running around space abducting people and whatnot but im sure that there is some other type of lifeform. A simple germ or bacteria that is unidentified could be considered an alien and im sure there is something ofthe sort out there.
angelo
I think they are not true! Why? Because I haven't seen one! To see is to believe as waht they say. As long as I don't see one, I won't believe that it's true! Very Happy
helk
I'd like to think there are aliens.
I mean, who would be around to witness what incredible natural phenomenon the universe has yet to show when our lonely little ball of dust goes the way of the dodo?
And i think it's interesting to think about that if technology is evolving so quickly, what amazing science lurks around the corner that has already been invented some other place?
Cool...
Reaper
You mean a little water ball planet dont you? seeing were mostly a water planet with piles of dirt floating on top of it.
42mart2
I think Aliens exist, but they havent visited earth yet. There are many thousands galaxes, and are we the only one with life in it? Dont think so!
They may be a million years ahead of us in technology or millions of years "dumber" than us...I think they exist Exclamation Wink
42mart2
smokey4life wrote:
Do you really think that we are the only lifeforms in this whole entire galaxy, even dimension? I hihgly doubt it. Now im not saying that there are flying saucers and green guys running around space abducting people and whatnot but im sure that there is some other type of lifeform. A simple germ or bacteria that is unidentified could be considered an alien and im sure there is something ofthe sort out there.



Totaly agree Exclamation Very Happy
kyberneees
my opinion is that exist, i see ufos, ovnis, is really, but i dont believe in green bugs, no no no, i only say, that i see light in the sky is all.
joscode
essentialmedia wrote:
XSTG wrote:
I am wondering if Aliens are a myth or a reality. Do you folks think it's one, or the other?

Personally, I think it's a myth. If there were really aliens (green people with multiple eyes, "popular tought"), I think they would have shown themselves to us ages ago if they really wanted to conquer the Earth.


I think that anyone saying that aliens are an absolute myth is an incredibly un-educated and naive person. No offense.

NO matter what your school of thought (religous or otherwise) time is an eternal thing. So is space. That being the case it is not only impossible but also illogical to think that we have formed life on this planet and that no other time or place (both things being infinite) has been able to sustain life.

I can absolutley assure you that somewhere out there alien life exists. Now it may not resemble popular belief but it does exist. You (well anyone) for that matter cannot absolutely prove that it does not. Then again you cannot absolutely prove that god exists either. Wink

Shane


hmm.. that is interesting that you would call those who don't beleive in aliens 'uneducated' or 'naive.' Yet you pruort to know that time and space are eternal, how do you know this? You also 'absolutely assure' that somewhere out there alien life exists' how do you know this?

There is zero imperical scientific evidence of this. None!
Soulfire
Define "alien" because like someone previously stated, aliens could be bacteria and other small organisms. I believe things like that exist, but not the big green creatures we all seem to be so obsessed with.

Until I see one of those, I don't believe in them. But to think we are the only life that exists in the endless area of space is not only absurd, but very conceited as well.
jerski
its doesn't exist for me its a myth !
karysky
I believe in the existence of aliens.

However, I don't believe that they come here on earth and do experiments on us...

Why would they do such a thing in secret ?

Like someone said, why can't they be pacifists, wanting to know more about us ?
Related topics
Tv and the reallity shows
World's First 3D Display Revealed
Mexifornia - The Destruction of America
My Poem Collection Post 1 : ~~Waiting For You~~
islam is...
"We Hate Aliens" Campaign [ENDED]
"We LOVE Aliens" Campaign!
"We don't give a ... about aliens!"Campaign!
We the aliens.
Myth War
Star Wars vs Star Trek!
ALIENS AND UFOs
A rant on God, religion and morality
Elements of reality in fantasy
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.