FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Guestbooks?

Linda
With my luck, this is probably one of the things I'm not allowed to put onto the site (I have a few encrypted do not's that I haven't decyphered yet...)

If that's not the case I would be very grateful for any information on a simple (!!!!) guestbook I can put on my site where people can simply leave me short notes

If I can build one myself with dreamweaver that would be brilliant too, I sort of doubt that though...

Any help would be highly appreciated!

www.TellingStories.frih.net
wumingsden
Why not just use a free Guestbook service?
Try www.bravenet.com which have a lot of webmaster tools. You create them then get the html code to simply copy into your page.

I recommend visiting here, though, first: http://www.promosi-web.com/script/guestbook/. Its a really simple guestbook which runs off PHP 4 and above and doesn't need no database.

Here's info taken from the site:

Quote:

Description

Ardguest is a simple guestbook script that uses a flatfile to store messages, so you don't need any database like MySQL or PostgreSQL. It's suitable for anyone who need a guestbook that can be setup quickly. Features : multi-pages display, ability to delete unwanted entries, checking for required field warning messages for missing fields, mail notification when someone signed the guest book, multiple line in comment support, and more. Support for both UNIX/Linux and Windows system.

Demo

Live demo is available here : View Guestbook - Sign Guestbook

Requirements

- PHP 4 or above with session support enabled.

Hope this helps.
SamiTheBerber
Can you script PHP? If the answer is no then use free guestbook services.

It is pretty easy to make own script. I had made one, but it excist no more, because it was in my old site. I might make a new one :S
Naif
Try out the Purple Yin Guestbook. Its easy to setup and install and doesnt require a database.

You can see its demo and download it from http://www.purpleyin.com
sprinqles
You can just use the guestbook that you'll find in CPanel and Fantastico. Those are easy to install. Just drop by their support forums, if they have any for designing tips, etc. Smile
samr_vene
There are many free guestbooks all over the internet. The best place to find it is hotscripts.com

To change functions or things like that you should be able to do it once you get the code.

To change the skins, just try to get one that you can change their graphics with yours.

Hope this helps
Zyrobot
Bravenet is wonderfull I use this long long time ago.