FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why use Gmail?

Pros: 2GB+ space.

Cons: Secutrity flaws(cant detect fake email)

Well I admit that I am using gmail but it is not my priority account...I use Hotmail because it is more secure than any other email providers (in my opinion)
meangurl
i don't really care much about emails.. but anyway, i used gmail because of it's fast loading, simple graphics (simplicity is beauty), huge space (it's what i use when signing up in forums or whatever), and all...

although i don't really care much about spams, viruses in emails etc. as long as you're careful, and you shouldn't also post your email addresses in forums, websites or whatever 'coz some bots may pick 'em up and sell them...

so far, gmail had been running smoothly for me... there's no harm in gmail unless you're careless enough
demex
What do you mean it can't detect fake emails? I don't understand what you are meaning. If by fake emails you are referring to spam, it filters all my spam messages. I can't see why you would use or even want to use hotmail, especially since it is so inferior.
kv
The only reason I use it: It provides pop access. Free!!
blackant
I prefer Gmail than hotmail is because, it is faster and more secure.
Another reason is it is also has pop access, hence I can download it using my email client.

Hotmail also has alot of spamming. Sad
IMHO, Gmail as a better anti-spamming control.
Moobster
Well, i just use both.... at school, the computers can't send anything trough the hotmail site... stupid school PC's
demex wrote:
What do you mean it can't detect fake emails? I don't understand what you are meaning. If by fake emails you are referring to spam, it filters all my spam messages.

I mean that if I send a fake email to my own Gmail account via a fake emailer program it wont be detected as a SPAM email or FAKE EMAIL, the email sent will go directly to the INBOX. Gmail is very insecure!
n0obie4life
jlre wrote:
demex wrote:
What do you mean it can't detect fake emails? I don't understand what you are meaning. If by fake emails you are referring to spam, it filters all my spam messages.

I mean that if I send a fake email to my own Gmail account via a fake emailer program it wont be detected as a SPAM email or FAKE EMAIL, the email sent will go directly to the INBOX. Gmail is very insecure!

you mean stmp or hacking..or spoofing..?
gmail:
2 gb space ++
allways add more space for gmail
and u can invite 50 friends
u can use gmail in ur outlock
it refresh automaticaly page when send new messange!
and more!!!!!
Alienz
Not to mention the space, I use Gmail cause it has nice user interface and fast Smile
taron
i can't me register for Gmail it's impossible for me Sad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Razz Very Happy
n0obie4life wrote:
jlre wrote:
demex wrote:

I mean SMTP and SPOOFING NOT HACKING
n0obie4life
jlre wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:
jlre wrote:
demex wrote:

I mean SMTP and SPOOFING NOT HACKING

yes. it goes to spam...gmail is quite smart, you can send spoof mails to yourself, but if you type something like vigara or drugs etc, it will go into spam.
rpp
i have gmail not for the big 2gig space but because it is one of the very feqw which offer pop access and this saves me time going to the website to check my email.

gmail service is really good aswell. haven't had downtime with it ever so far.
n4g
I use Gmail.The big mailbox is attractive Very Happy

I using this(«), have hidden my own address Cool

http://www.bizland.com/

I dislike@spam mail and advertising mail Evil or Very Mad

I introduce that mail adress service more...

http://www.fateback.com/
http://www.50webs.com/
http://www.atspace.com/

Good by Cool
n0obie4life
hey! i gotta change to that now!
n4g
OnlyOneLife
I use gmail so much, It for hardcore email users.
It groups all the reply in one therad so you don't have to open a new message everytime. Which is good. Gmail is safe, a 3rd party can not read your mail because it is encrypted from the sever to your computer. Gmail happens to be owned by Google and is the worlds fastest email severs in the world. They are always coming out with new features which they provide for free. Go Gmail.
n0obie4life
babumuchhala
Gmails the safest. Its always under encrypted mode as compared to other mails that just go to encrypted mode only for signin & signout. Thats why Gmails ultra safe. Smile

Plus i have never had any problem with Gmail's spam rcognition system. I did say its just perfect for me. Smile

taron wrote:
i can't me register for Gmail it's impossible for me Sad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Razz Very Happy
Question Question Question Question Need more explanation
Cryptz
i used gmail since it opened and i haven't gotten one fake email,virus or anything except for the daily spam thats filtered out automatically

fake emails are out the but only if they know your email address, don't give it out but only to people you trust Smile

i got 50 unused Gmail invites if anyone needs them Smile
n0obie4life
Cryptz wrote:
i used gmail since it opened and i haven't gotten one fake email,virus or anything except for the daily spam thats filtered out automatically

fake emails are out the but only if they know your email address, don't give it out but only to people you trust Smile

hehe, same here!

i have 50 invites toooooooooo
babumuchhala
n0obie4life wrote:
Cryptz wrote:

hehe, same here!

Well i got over 200 invites to give (frm different accounts0

Plus http://isnoop.net/gmail/ has over million invites.

Any takers Question Question Question Question
n4g
Quote:
i thought you meant that they mask your email

Yeah,they mask your email.

If you finished sign up, you will get mail adress.

[anything]@[accountName].bizland.com

same these

http://www.fateback.com/
http://www.50webs.com/
http://www.atspace.com/

If I sent [anything]@[accountName].bizland.com, sented mail arrives mail adress when you sign up.Good servise Wink

Quote:
http://isnoop.net/gmail/

I get an account here Laughing
ZORGLUB
the main reason for me is the such useful organisation of email in the webmail.
it's so good to have the old mail that are linked together, to follow the entire discussion.
and the spam tool is sufficient, and it's fast, and the label system is quite useful too.
hotmail is so far away.... ican't even remember it.. what?? hot..what?
no sorry, don't know that... hu hu Laughing
fly737
I LIKE 163.com
babumuchhala
fly737 wrote:
I LIKE 163.com
Its in Chinese. Cant understand any thing.
n0obie4life
babumuchhala wrote:
fly737 wrote:
I LIKE 163.com
Its in Chinese. Cant understand any thing.

use babelfish or something like that then Wink
n4g
Quote:
163.com

I get an account.But this server is heavy.And I cannot connect pop and smtp Crying or Very sad
n4g
I introduce mail.

http://www.rin.ru

http://www.ifrance.com/
http://www.iquebec.com/
http://www..iespana.es/
http://www.iitalia.com/
http://www.home.ro/

and more..... Laughing
WickedGravity
One of the main reasons I use Gmail is that it is a rapidly expanding enterprise. Like Hotmail and Yahoo, GMail is not going to be going anywhere for awhile.

While, yes, it has it flaws, they will be easily corrected as the money from Googles IPO starts pouring in by the hundreds of millions.

GMail is actually all I use now in point of fact.
srinivasd
They seem to have the best SPAM blocker of all and now with the work they will be doing with CISCO, called Domain Netkey or something like that, it will just get better. Most of the other providers, once you have used them for a while start letting through huge amounts of spam that just wastes my time. Not so with Yahoo!
billgertz
i only use gmail for file storage.. other than that, for signups.. for me, gmail really needs a lot of things to improve on.
ZORGLUB
billgertz wrote:
i only use gmail for file storage.. other than that, for signups.. for me, gmail really needs a lot of things to improve on.

for example?
there is a possibility to ask for new stuff in gmail..
n0obie4life wrote:
Cryptz wrote:

hehe, same here!

I only have 49 invites
alexmcavoy@gmail.com
Gmail is good, but I use INBOX.COM as well. It has folders and better organization for uploaded files, contacts, etc.. You also have a calendar and notepad.
Seregwethrin
Pop access
Fast and useful
and google quality Smile

Gmail is the best Wink. If anyone wants gmail invite
SONY
2gb and (reserve hdd)
ZORGLUB
and gmail drive extension, and gmail notifier that goes through my f*****ng proxy
ashen
Gmail is easy to use, fast, and interesting. I can acces gmail faster than google, bt I think gmail is too simple.... I hope there will be more feature to use.
sigh
i really do not know what should i use gmail.just large space gamil got.hehe . Smile
gaspar
Can someone give me a gmail?
SamiTheBerber
gaspar wrote:
Can someone give me a gmail?

I can give you if you send privat message to me including email address and name so I can Invite you.

Gmail is good service with groung up space.
Bako
I think it's important to remember that, before Gmail, Hotmail gave only 2mb (!) of storage space for mail, and Yahoo gave 6mb. Now they both give hundreds of MB, but still not as much as Gmail. I use all three, since I have tried to switch or 'upgrade' over the years, but have never been able to close out the old accounts completely, and I find Gmail to be in a class of its own.

POP access is a huge deal -- it makes Gmail a 'real' email account, rather than just a web tool. Gmail downloads from my Thunderbird email client just like my main account, and yet it also has the best web interface when you do need to access it from remote computers. With Greasemonkey (Firefox script) I also have no ads on my Gmail page, but even with ads it's much faster than the competition.

Most importantly, I trust Google to do the right thing more than Yahoo or Microsoft. I trust they will try to avoid 'being evil' and remain a step ahead of the pack. If Google's business philosophy changes down the road, then so might my loyalty, but for now they're the most trustworthy.

Bako
Silvershore
I use gmail for 2 GB (2000MB:) only for that...
And i think gmail is more secure than hotmail..
but im using hotmail too Confused because of msn messenger...
n0obie4life
Silvershore wrote:
I use gmail for 2 GB (2000MB:) only for that...
And i think gmail is more secure than hotmail..
but im using hotmail too Confused because of msn messenger...

signup for a passport.

www.passport.net

Just type in ur gmail account there, then it will ask you to confirm ur email for a 1001 times. Then log into msn messenger with ur gmail account Wink.
billgertz
n0obie4life wrote:

signup for a passport.

www.passport.net

Just type in ur gmail account there, then it will ask you to confirm ur email for a 1001 times. Then log into msn messenger with ur gmail account Wink.

wow! nice one noobie.. thanks.. just registered mine.. i will not use my hotmail account anymore Very Happy

ldnet
I use gmail because of its space and its really simple, plus i dont get any spam liek fuking HOTMAIL its so gay and full of spam anyways GMAIL ROX!!!

-Cheers!!
bulio
I prefer Gmail over hotmail. Its simple, and loads fast. The extra storage is a plus, but I constantly get spam emails :S
homer09001
GMail rocks the pros outway all the other e-mail providers for example;

Pro's:

* Cost: Free
* Storage: 2,000+ megabytes (and counting)
* Languages: Messages can be sent and read in most languages. The Gmail interface is available in many languages, including UK English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and simplified and traditional Chinese, and we are continuing to add more.
* Access: Free automatic forwarding and POP3 access
* JavaScript and cookies must be enabled on all browsers

* Fully supported browsers:
- Microsoft IE 5.5+ (download: Windows)
- Netscape 7.1+ (download: Windows Mac Linux)
- Mozilla 1.4+ (download: Windows Mac Linux)
- Mozilla Firefox 0.8+ (download: Windows Mac Linux)
- Safari 1.2.1+ (download: Mac)
* Many other browsers work with Gmail's basic HTML view, including:
- Microsoft IE 4.0+
- Netscape 4.07+
- Opera 6.03+
Gmail automatically groups an email and the replies to it as a conversation

need i say more?
mars
I use Gmail because it is 2+G,and its name is so cool.

but sometimes speed is slow.
theseow
gmail is the best email i've used so far.
freeman_fz
Gmail is gerat!!!
I am using it Wink
tidruG
Aw, c'mon... GMail is awesome once you get the hang of it...

The best part is the way they display new messages and the use of "conversation" windows to show messages and their replies, rather than conventional new pages for every new mail. It simplifies everything.

And the use and ease of labels instead of folders is so much better. Like, for example, if I get a nice forward from my friend, I can label it as a forward and also label it under the name of the person who sent it. Archiving helps in storage, and the amount of space they give is just amazing.

Hotmail, in my opinion, is the worst... most hackers, as far as I know, consider Hotmail to be least secure, and you can find instructions on how to hack Hotmail passwords on a lot of Underground sites, I'm told. And the amount of space they give is about one-tenth of the space I've already used up on GMail.

OK... this post has just become longer than my average e-mail Very Happy
prithvi
I've been using GMail for over a year now, and so far have had no probs with it whatsoever.

The space they offer is huge!

GMail loads fast, and the arrangement is unique.
It arranges mails as conversations (so if you have many replies starting from a single mail, they'll all be stored within a single conversation..........this helps when you are engaging in a long series of messages, for example in a forum post).

Moreover, the search system is pretty good, and helps to search through tons of mails pretty fast.

The 'star' option is quite useful too, so you can mark all your important mails.

And yes, their spam filter works pretty well.
All the spam messages go directly to the spam folder.

What's more, with tools like the GMail Notifier, you just install it and it notifies you of new mail.
You just need to enter your login once, and you can directly go to your inbox any number of times, without having to re-login.
snedan
use gmail as a file storage... also use for sharing files with my friends.. you can make your gmail account as a local hd=) only 1 things i suck - file size limit is 10mb=))
kuad
I've been using Gmail for a few months now and am happy with the service. It's simple and intuitive to use and the only downside are the text ads but I'll put up with them.

PS Why is this in "World news" section? :confused
cnnet
the space is large enough
and you can receive your e-mail quickly
Ioana
taron wrote:

I think you need somebodys invitation to register there.
hahame
i think it very big and easy to use
HalfBrian
I really like gmail's simplicity, and I love its quick loading and innovative features. And while the 2GB+ is a nice feature, i'll never use all of it. I'm only at about 200mb.
waiteck
1st, big storage. 2nd gmail drive. 3rd free, 4th can login to msn messenger.
Ashley
I use gmail becuase:
It has loads of space nearly 3 gb, also it is secure and has great anti spam stuff.

Not just that it also have pop email with many settings to let you save your emails.

The main thing is that there is no need to delete emails ever, i have had it for about a year and i am only using 2%. About 15 mb lol, no spam at all.
Mickey
Because it's Google's
cripplers crossface
Well I got to agree gmail is same as hotmail but more space and no ads humm gmail you can transfer over just like I use it for hotmail but instead it would show gmail.com in my account that amazing.
win66
I use Gmail because is big(2GB) and fastest! Very Happy
faris1981
i wish i knew how to to use it Crying or Very sad
bao
Because Gmail is not AD.
ClanElite
Gmail is the best!(for me XD)
-Fast
-have a good apparence
-2GB!!!
-Upload very fast!!!
-Brazilian language support Razz~
-i can find my emails! =D
--
(I'm Brazilian, i speak a LITTLE english...^^)
boringest
it's good but sometimes I find it annoying that it doesn't accept zip files which contain *.ini/*.exe files where I can backup some of the programs i made in school.

As a result, I use yahoo occasionally which also serves as my spam mail inbox =)
surferisback
Gmail is very simple to use and the space disk is Great !!! thank you Gmail Very Happy
NiGHTS SoNIC
I think GMail is the best out there, Google is going to take its place as the best e-mail provider out there...

Though it does has security flaws, I think the space makes up for it.
RaZinG
gmail is much better than most email systems out there. it has more features than most of them too. you get more space by the minute. it goes up constantly and you will probably never need over 2 gigs of email space but some people use alot of it. gmail is the way to go. POP
waiteck
yea.. alot of space. = more storage. and free..
Donutey
personally i like it because it's simple, and easy to use... I use it to store all my messages, and then forward to my primary account (my $$ primary account only has 100MB of storage Crying or Very sad ) And plus it doesnt have annoying flashing adds etc...

BTW i've also heard of people using multiple Gmail acounts as a hard drive (a slow one albiet) using third party software... pretty sweet...
Dude701
i dont know if this has been said but file storage Cool
tiancai3
of course Gmail has a very big space;and meanwhile Google is very reliable.
Gmail is fast and simple for all the people to use
Dude701
i also like that fact that i can keep my old mail with out worrying about space that rocks Cool
icy_crystal_angel
man, i swear by gmail ...it's so ****** organized....i love the labels...and the space...i made the account sometime last year, haven't deleted a single thing since then...get abt 25 HUGE fwds. every single day, yet, i've not used more than 35% of d space...2gigs+counting is a blessing from up above!!!!! Very Happy
RoServer
i use gmail because gmail have very space and it have more security than hotmail. But i dont like google talk (the new message program of google) because i dont change my name! and i dont like that the people can read my real name ¬¬. I use msn with gmail mail.
TheSun
Google is giving more then 2GB of space and it has very easy interface too..

one thing i most like in Gmail is there is no Annouing Ads...
jlbribeiro
In which world is hotmail safer that gmail? lololololol, I mean, Hotmail is the most hackable and crackable mail in the world!!! Gmail is a lot safer. Of course it doesn't have that options, but that's because it's more recent that Hotmail...
mars
2 gb space ++
allways add more space for gmail
orcaz
I use it as a default email, because it has more than 2gb of posts, and it looks quite organised to me. I never had to throw any mail.
samh
Only one reason: It's the best Email Service on the planet.
unlimited storage
great search
pop/imap support
great web interface
spell checker
What else do you need?
nntien
I don't have any invitation to use gmail. Could you help me?
Thanks in advance!
Tasadduq Khan
I think no one dislike gmail. Gmail is the best email service so far. With unlimited space and quite organized stuff. And now you have 100 invites to send ppl. Smile
Gmail rocks.
orcaz
nntien wrote:
I don't have any invitation to use gmail. Could you help me?
Thanks in advance!

Just post your email here, and I will send you an invitation.

Tasadduq Khan wrote:
I think no one dislike gmail. Gmail is the best email service so far. With unlimited space and quite organized stuff. And now you have 100 invites to send ppl. Smile
Gmail rocks.

but some people juz don't like the plain design. But i think the layout is quite good alr, based on the ads. Other emails have so many ads, one at the top, one at the right and another at the bottom. GMail only has an ad at the right side of your message.
shwetanshu
I use GMAIL because of its huge storeage space, no flashy or pop ads, easy to use, pop3 and forwarding, labels, ability to edit default signatures during writing mails, GMAIL shell drive extension which makes it my HDD back up. etc etc etc.
statusfashions
I have both yahoo and gmail account. even though yahoo has 1 gb account it hardly lasts for about a month ( due to membership of some very highly active groups )
but in gmail it is all different experiance. First ever increasing mail box size and secondly due to pop3 feature.
also i have been using gmail drive currently as my online hdd
other features include:
compactness : multiple threads in single message
faster: much much faster than hotmail/yahoo
search : easy to search mails
pioneer in introducing many more features regularly
regards,
aakash
billybob
features:
Huge inbox
spam filter is so much better than hotmail
goes strait to inbox rarther than that anoying msn today
easy to use better features with all the options i.e. mark as read (which hotmail dosnt have i dont think)
and looks so much better
mars
Now,Google Talk is another reason.
hehe
kimia
I have both gmail and yahoo account.
but I usually use gmail.
because it is simple to use and it has more space and a very good support.
onur
2 mb [25 or 250mb(USA)] hotmail

1 GB yahoo

2500+ gmail

which one????

i think gmail also lot of people use hotmail for msn messenger
macgyver
Coz .. it's soooo Goooooooooggglleeeeeeee :-p
GuranaTEAM
onur wrote:

1 GB yahoo

2500+ gmail

which one????

gmail is better but i use the walla and i have 3GB inbox Very HappyVery Happy
comsci18
it have much space to use
hardcoregamer808
Gmail is okay but it was even better when it wasn't public because you felt "cool" having it. I use it still though but if there was some other 2gb free mail provider, i would use it.
astra
I began using Gmail because it comes from Google that's my best loved brand.

My experience with Gmail has been as same as my feeling with all of Google's products: easy, fast and efficient. I suspect that many other people will feel the same way, too.
dragonflame
gmail pros: pop3 access, 2gb space, forwarding, reply to customization.

the space really isnt too special anymore, I can live with my 1gb yahoo account. However, yahoo doesnt have pop3 access for free.

gmail cons: I miss my email folders. I can use labels, but I dont like seeing all my mails in the inbox, just seem to cluttered. gmail notifier is also a separate app, of course there gmail chat now, but no one uses it much yet. System tray is too crowded already! (but not googles fault)
mitja
GuranaTEAM wrote:

I used to used it too to send up to 10 mb of photos or videos... But i don't use it any more cause i had some serious spam problems (my mails were recognized as spam just cause my adress was @walla.com)

Gmail it's much much better!!! Wink
limcopy
google got drive shell extension shell made it more ease login to the mail box here is the url http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/E-mail/Mail-Utilities/GMail-Drive-shell-extension.shtml
-=HInoRYUU=-
Most people said the same: huge space. But I have another one: Download Accelerator Plus integration. That's just great.

Greetings,
-=HInoRYUU=-
nntien
Help me create gmail, please?
Thank you!
pavelt
astra wrote:
I began using Gmail because it comes from Google that's my best loved brand.

IMHO, "best loved brand" is not always good reason to start using every product from the vendor. I think, it is better to consiver the feature of a product rather the vendor. For example, yahoo has good map service, and google search engine, however, it won't mean any product from yahoo/google is best "apriory".
EmoDreamer
meangurl wrote:
i don't really care much about emails.. but anyway, i used gmail because of it's fast loading, simple graphics (simplicity is beauty

less is more:)

about Gmail: hmmm....in my opinion any email=account is as safe as you like...People who keep spraying their emailadress around the place ASK for trouble...If you care for you personal belongings, don;t be careless with your details....
Gmail is in beta-stage so its Security WILL improve I think....Everyone from the Gmail states that improvements are caused by things that are missing....You only have to improve when there;s something missing....
(hmm....I wish hotmail would accept that thought....the ****** deleted POP-access from their unpaid accounts.....one reason more to change to Gmail)
EmoDreamer
GuranaTEAM wrote:
onur wrote:

1 GB yahoo

2500+ gmail

which one????

When I started with Gmail it said a 1GIG INBOX and it was like woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow....
now mine says 2.7G and it's increasing every single day with aprox. 75mb per week (sometimes 75mb, sometimes 100, sometyimes 25)
EmoDreamer
dragonflame wrote:
gmail pros: pop3 access, 2gb space, forwarding, reply to customization.

the space really isnt too special anymore, I can live with my 1gb yahoo account. However, yahoo doesnt have pop3 access for free.

gmail cons: I miss my email folders. I can use labels, but I dont like seeing all my mails in the inbox, just seem to cluttered. gmail notifier is also a separate app, of course there gmail chat now, but no one uses it much yet. System tray is too crowded already! (but not googles fault)

If you label a message with gmail and then you archive that message You won;t see it in your INBOX anymore....Gmail even told you so in it's first mail (the one already in your inbox when you start using gmail)
EmoDreamer
hardcoregamer808 wrote:
Gmail is okay but it was even better when it wasn't public because you felt "cool" having it. I use it still though but if there was some other 2gb free mail provider, i would use it.

Gmail still isn't public....when it started there were already like 5.000 people using it....Now you'll need to know people who have an account already to get in....Public would mean you can just start with it without having to ask for anyone wanting to add you....It's like a chain-letter....give and ye shall receive:P
dcshoes23
I use my email from school and from my isp, my isp gives me 2GB per address and i use that one mostly, it is joined with yahoo so it pretty much has all the features that yahoo email has. It seems to do the trick and has pop so i'm happy Very Happy
darrell
gmail have 2gb + of space. Can store up to millions of messages. A good choice if you are looking for space.
RandBauer
I started up with GMail about a year ago, but since have lost my account info.
Anyone have a clue as to recovery?