FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Scroll tag

Alie
Can somebody tell me which tag makes vertical scrolling of files in it?
Something like this one
Code:
<marquee direction=right>... ... ...</marquee>

but vertical!
JustaMin
As far as I know there isn't one, you'd have to use something like javascript or php to achive this (javascript would be easiest).
BlackSkad
Well, I advise you not to use something like that. Most of the times, such a scrolling text is very annoying for the visitors.
If you realy want to, then use JavaScript. As a clientside scripting language, JavaScript would be the best option. PHP can't create such a (graphical) smooth going stuff as JavaScript, as php is executed on the server ( so pages need to be refreshed for every single movement).
Another possibility is a little flashscript. But I'm not that familiar with flash.

But however, This is a link to what you're looking for

Greatz,
BackSkad
Alie
I'm using it for banner scrolling. Instead of creating a large block with link buttons, I want to make a small one with vertical button scrolling. And, by the way - I've already saw something like that in a few sites, but don't remember where... If you can give me javascript or php script - it doesn't metter....
Plz... Wink
KHO
l believe you can also create a text box in HTML and just set a heightXwidth you want, and put ebough text to allow it to scroll. Not too sure what you want this for though Neutral they are kinda annoying, especially when the menu to change pages is in them Neutral
BlackSkad
Well, the JavaScript is a better solution then the text-area though;
I found something on hypergurl that is just what you requested: Vertical text
And just with a little searching on google (I love google Razz )

EDIT: Hotscripts has also a complete section for rotating banners with JavaScript. You might take a look overthere as well: HotScripts

Greatz,
BlackSkad
Alie
Thanks a lot Wink Your second link is really usefull!