FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

terrorism in israel

man_991
what do u think about the terrorism in israel? who's the right side here? Rolling Eyes

what do u think about Iran's atom bomb? Iran's president/prime minister/whatever said the jews should move to alaska... Question
geeren
I don't know which one has right, but i know that Israel must give the Palestinians their land back. It is good that Sharon has given Gaza back to the palestinian authorities, but they must give the western bank too, than thay may build a wall if yhey want too, but first they must leave the palestinians alone. That's only waht they wan't, to leave them alone, and give their land back.
xuma
Many countries have bombs but why iran bad for it?
benwhite
I'm not going to bother going into a history lesson. Go read wikipedia or something. But I'll mentioned two quick things.

1. To be let alone is not all Hamas and Islamic Jihad want. It is the their doctrin that Israel must be wiped off the map. It's not simply a matter of wanting the west bank and gaza, it never has been. When Israel was first created, it held neither territory. It gained these territories after wars started by the neighboring Muslim countries. There never was a Palestinian state that Israel stole the land from. Palestinians never held this land in any real way. There was Britain, then there was two states, and one minute later, there was war. Thus, the conflicts in the region predated this issue by a longshot. Oh well, so much for that easy fix.

2. It's a bit of strategic disadvantage to sandwich your country between two hostile territories. Not saying it won't happen, but if you look at a map, it's not as thought Gaza and the West Bank are right next door.
man_991
yep, but there's something i don't understand : why can't two nations live togethter, on the same land, in peace ?

Why do they think it's "me or you"?
Paul Knight
The hate is just so deep routed and over so many gernerations that living together in peace is going to be almost impossible.

The peace innitiatives are going to have to go on for at least another 2 generations, until the old prejudices are eliminated.

I don't see a lasting peace for some time yet. Crying or Very sad
benwhite
Though Sharon just suffered a stroke, his new party Kadima (means 'forward') is leading the polls. There agenda among others things is to pull out of all occupied territories. So, there's a good chance we'll see the real cause of violence in the area. Soon there very well might be a real Palestinian state with some measure of democracy. The question will then be if Hama and Islamic Jihad will be willing to let Israel exist once this happens. According to their previous comments, the answer is no. After the pullout from Gaza, one of the leaders of Hamas said simply, [paraphrase] "this is the first of many victories that will lead to the destruction of Israel. This weakness proves that our methods work." Who can say?
man_991
U're right, but for peace we need a trust between both the sides, and the Paliestinians already proved we can't trust them. We gave them Gaza, and they still use those rockets, they still send their men to harm us...
benwhite
Indeed. I think one of the possibly ways this can be acheived is the involvement of more European countries. Right now, the US supports Israel and Europe scolds them. Hopefully, once the rest of the territories are given to the Palestinians, international pressure and aid might help calm the situation down. Probably not completely, but it might be functional.
valient
Quote:
U're right, but for peace we need a trust between both the sides, and the Paliestinians already proved we can't trust them. We gave them Gaza, and they still use those rockets, they still send their men to harm us...

lets consider one example .
if i occupie u'r whole house with power and after a long time give (free) only one rrom for u'r accomodation purpose i'll be fool to think that i won u'r trust. and wht will be u'r response?
palestinins has nuthing except suicide bombing with whichh they can fight israelis.
every new day israelis attack with missiles and Gunship helicopter. killing innocent peoples in palestinian territory. wht u think will be there response?
Alie
valient wrote:

if i occupie u'r whole house with power and after a long time give (free) only one rrom for u'r accomodation purpose i'll be fool to think that i won u'r trust. and wht will be u'r response?
palestinins has nuthing except suicide bombing with whichh they can fight israelis.
every new day israelis attack with missiles and Gunship helicopter. killing innocent peoples in palestinian territory. wht u think will be there response?

You are wrong! I can tell you for sure! I was inthere for a long time to understand the real meaning of this situation...
valient
and wht if am in palestine seeing israelis invasion evry day?
valient
Quote:
Indeed. I think one of the possibly ways this can be acheived is the involvement of more European countries. Right now, the US supports Israel and Europe scolds them. Hopefully, once the rest of the territories are given to the Palestinians, international pressure and aid might help calm the situation down. Probably not completely, but it might be functional.

fully agree wid beanwhite its the core issue of the recent wrld. i think all efforts should be put to solve this issue which is suitable for both countries not only the leaders but also the poeple.
Alie
valient wrote:
and wht if am in palestine seeing israelis invasion evry day?

Where do you live?
ekingisrael
Iran is the world's biggest problem at the moment-not only of Israel,and the palestinians are at the same status-they must have there own country-but they must understand that they can't take Israel's Holly places and cities,they must accept the fact that they will not have Jerusalem,cause Jerusalem is Israel's capital and is the most holly place for the jews,Israel-unlike undeveloped imbisle arab countries,let all people visit Jerusalem and the holly places-the palestinians don't mind won't mind that it's a holly place not just for them and they will cause many problems if they will have that kind of place.
They can not get any Israeli territorry unless Israel will let them-and the history is not a function in here-so don't you start with history-cause in the history-Israel belonged to many nations,but the fact is the condition today. as Japan lost several islands to the US and didn't cry and demand those areas back-because they lost the battle over them,that way also the palestinians should act,this is not there land.

peace is a good thing,Israel is always open for peace negotiations, but no one will scare Israeli people with terror,if the palestinians want war,then they shall have it.
Arrow Idea Exclamation
geeren
benwhite wrote:
I'm not going to bother going into a history lesson. Go read wikipedia or something. But I'll mentioned two quick things.

1. To be let alone is not all Hamas and Islamic Jihad want. It is the their doctrin that Israel must be wiped off the map. It's not simply a matter of wanting the west bank and gaza, it never has been. When Israel was first created, it held neither territory. It gained these territories after wars started by the neighboring Muslim countries. There never was a Palestinian state that Israel stole the land from. Palestinians never held this land in any real way. There was Britain, then there was two states, and one minute later, there was war. Thus, the conflicts in the region predated this issue by a longshot. Oh well, so much for that easy fix.

2. It's a bit of strategic disadvantage to sandwich your country between two hostile territories. Not saying it won't happen, but if you look at a map, it's not as thought Gaza and the West Bank are right next door.

Yes, you can better read wikipedia then you can learn the history. If i was you, i should read it twice.
geeren
man_991 wrote:

So you are from israel, maybe you should better watch other channels, than only the israelis, you can see then what you are doing to the palestinians.
geeren
benwhite wrote:

Maybe could europe and america both let them alone.
geeren
Alie wrote:
valient wrote:

You are wrong! I can tell you for sure! I was inthere for a long time to understand the real meaning of this situation...

Wel explain.
geeren
I think that the war is not over !!!! Japan has given up, the palestinians not, go back to school, and learn something. It is not youre fault that you don't know what real is happening, that is because of the propaganda in Irael, you don't know better, and if the palestinians had lost the war, why are they steel negotiating. Watch more channels, not only the israeli one's. But why are they steel building in the western bank. Israel want's war, then they can have it
man_991
i think that no one wants war here except some ortodox communities and the Hamas.

They are the problem here, not all the palestinians.
igor123d
The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is perhaps the principal geo-political struggle in the Middle East. It it is difficult to show who is in the right and who is not due to the fact that both sides have valid claims. Both sides have used aggressive military tactics and some forms of terrorism, even against civilians. Maybe teh best way to stop the violence will be to revert to the old UN 1949 line although Israel would oppose such a plan (for many logical reasons).
komunikaze
i thinks that problem is nobody feel guilty.
thats problem is mooore mooore complex.
that cannot be finish with piece.
just war......
gonzo
man_991 wrote:
what do u think about the terrorism in israel? who's the right side here? Rolling Eyes

Side_1: Doesn't live in Isreal. Sneaks in to blow up busloads of children, and slaughter innocent people during the shopping day

Side_2: Lives in Isreal. Only retailiates with lethal force when provoked

I'm going to back Side_2.