FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Grandma's old and good potions

man_991
Do u know a good cure to head ache, eyes ache, knees ache and stress? Think
thanks[/b]
Ohsakm
yes, you should take an aspirin and relax a lot xD.
that's works.
yule
The human once the old affirmation could have various problem, I thought this is each people cannot leave.
man_991
Ohsakm wrote:
yes, you should take an aspirin and relax a lot xD.
that's works.

I'm only 14, too young to sucrifice my soul to the aspirin.

I have some growing aches (terrible ones) in the knees. Nothing helps except a "medicine" i take sometimes. Not talking
blackstripes
forget the drugs man. aspirin o radvil or wutever just eases the pain a lil. just keep yourself rested take a hot shower or bath.
CrimsonStrange
For the knee aches - cold packs/ice, if there's swelling along with the pain. If not, pay attention to what you hear the next time you bend your knees, especially standing and just bending your knees, as if you're going to squat down. If you hear a crunching/crackling/scraping sort of noise and if you feel anything unusual moving around behind your kneecap, then you've possibly got cartilage problems, calcium deposits, or joint problems, my man. See a doctor.

As for alleviating the pain, keeping weight off of your knees by lying around as much as you possibly can, heat and analgesic rubs (like Ben-Gay, Aspercreme, Flexall 454, etc.) will probably do you the most good.
(like blackstripes said) Long, hot, peaceful baths will probably help the most. (they're good for stress & all things associated with it, as well. Wink )

The headache/eyeache problems definitely sound related.
Do you wear glasses, or have a hard time seeing? Squint a lot when looking at the monitor or reading something?
Try to get your eyes checked out, man.

Here - try looking for info about common knee problems...
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=RNWE,RNWE:2005-17,RNWE:en&q=common+knee+problems

Maybe look around for information about joint ailments, too.

http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic5641.html

man_991, I commend you for trying to avoid taking pills. And if I were you, I'd try to get myself to a doctor and let him/her know what symptoms you're experiencing.
If you've ever played sports or injured your knees in any way, you need to say so.
If you leave this untreated and it really is something serious, it'll just get worse & worse... until just doing something as simple as getting out of bed will be excruciatingly painful.

Arrow This advice comes from somebody who's got a lot of joint/muscle/back problems.
Jack_Hammer
Pains, nothing Wink
just ignore them...
man_991
CrimsonStrange wrote:
For the knee aches - cold packs/ice, if there's swelling along with the pain. If not, pay attention to what you hear the next time you bend your knees, especially standing and just bending your knees, as if you're going to squat down. If you hear a crunching/crackling/scraping sort of noise and if you feel anything unusual moving around behind your kneecap, then you've possibly got cartilage problems, calcium deposits, or joint problems, my man. See a doctor.

As for alleviating the pain, keeping weight off of your knees by lying around as much as you possibly can, heat and analgesic rubs (like Ben-Gay, Aspercreme, Flexall 454, etc.) will probably do you the most good.
(like blackstripes said) Long, hot, peaceful baths will probably help the most. (they're good for stress & all things associated with it, as well. Wink )

The headache/eyeache problems definitely sound related.
Do you wear glasses, or have a hard time seeing? Squint a lot when looking at the monitor or reading something?
Try to get your eyes checked out, man.

Here - try looking for info about common knee problems...
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=RNWE,RNWE:2005-17,RNWE:en&q=common+knee+problems

Maybe look around for information about joint ailments, too.

http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic5641.html

man_991, I commend you for trying to avoid taking pills. And if I were you, I'd try to get myself to a doctor and let him/her know what symptoms you're experiencing.
If you've ever played sports or injured your knees in any way, you need to say so.
If you leave this untreated and it really is something serious, it'll just get worse & worse... until just doing something as simple as getting out of bed will be excruciatingly painful.

Arrow This advice comes from somebody who's got a lot of joint/muscle/back problems.

long quote, huh?

I played tennis 6 years, until i was 12 and these aches started. I visited the doctor a few times, and always he said it's ok, it's only bacause i grow up.
I avoide taking those pills, and when it hurts i just rest. the thing that generaly causes this is the weather change or the cold. it's about 15-25 degrees here in israel now.
riv_
Should you ask your doctor??
man_991
as i said, i asked em, but he gave me thos pills.
Texas Al
man_991 wrote:

Wise as the FriHost forum members are, I don't think the quality of medical advice we provide can match that of an actual doctor. Take the pills!
Reaper
Texas Al wrote:
man_991 wrote:

Wise as the FriHost forum members are, I don't think the quality of medical advice we provide can match that of an actual doctor. Take the pills!

Yes this is quite true. But doctors have blood pumping though them just like we do, they can be wrong from time to time like any other human, thats why in the medical world it's best to get a second opinion. But your doctors most likely right man, its probably just your body growing and shit.
CrimsonStrange
If the amount of physical pain you're in changes with the temperature/humidity, then it truly does sound like joint problems or arthritis.
It's quite possible you might've injured some ligaments or tendons in your knees while playing tennis, man_991.

Another link to look at, concerning knee injuries - http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/kneeinjuriesligaments.htm

Yeah, if possible, I'd try to get another doctor's opinion.

I hope you can get some relief.
man_991
.... thanks for help guys. Smile