FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

looks like phpBB support forum got hacked..

cheeta

hay.. it seems that phpBB own support forum got hacked... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
n0obie4life
No. It's just a spammer. Not a hacker Rolling Eyes

Attempting some exploit on phpBB..6 pages of posts Wink
Bondings
All the posts are gone now. Good to know that we aren't the only forum with spam problems. Wink
sibbahz
Who ever spams like that seriously has far too much time on their hands. Another forum i regularly use is always being spammed, so much they even made an entire forum for casual spamming. It has the most posts out of all the forums on the site.
n0obie4life
sibbahz wrote:
Who ever spams like that seriously has far too much time on their hands. Another forum i regularly use is always being spammed, so much they even made an entire forum for casual spamming. It has the most posts out of all the forums on the site.

Bots?

Erm..yeah..
jamesmackle
I was going to say, that looks like you had a little bot running around in there somewhere.... bless they would be cute if they were'nt so annoying! I mean what is the point!

Thanks for cleaning up guys!
QwertyManiac
kinda thing like this happened in some other forum tho it didnt have posts.. they ssaid its a bug in the system Sad
redbomber
Yeh, i was on a forum where all the user accounts were deleted cause the system was hacked.
George
My forum recently got hacked and luckily I was transfering sites and had my MySQL database backed up on my HDD Very Happy. Didnt loose anything but 50-100 posts. I was happy ass hell! But does anyone know if there is software that you can add to your phpBB board like firewall to help keep spammers blocked?

Thanks.
hahame
it is wrong with the code which view the language
n0obie4life
George wrote:
My forum recently got hacked and luckily I was transfering sites and had my MySQL database backed up on my HDD Very Happy. Didnt loose anything but 50-100 posts. I was happy *** hell! But does anyone know if there is software that you can add to your phpBB board like firewall to help keep spammers blocked?

Thanks.

Google

- phpBB Security
or
- CrackerTracker (this one is a dutch site (i think) but the proggie is in english)

Install it as a phpBB Mod.

And, keeping your MODifications you installed on your forum up to date, and keeping your phpBB installing up to date is also important to prevent yourself from being hacked.