FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

phpBB forum database backup

cheeta
i have 2 forum both made with phpBB in domain A & domain B.... both the forum have the same admin name & pw...

now is it possible to backup the data from domain A forum, then restore it to Domain B forum...

as both the host is not very reliable (free) so i want to use domain A (frihost) forum as primary & if the it stays down then will switch the url redircter to the domain B (some other) Very Happy ... as if i can backup & restore in regular basis i feel it wont gona couse any trouble for me... Very Happy ...
Naif
I dont think that could be possible. Even if it was, it would have many drawbacks to it
Pikokola
Eh?? why not, if it's have same version, same program and same in the other things, I think it's possible, if not, you can restore it using SQL syntax. It's not hard, but need some time to understanding Very Happy, about the drawbacks. I think it wouldn't too much drawbacks there, you can change it easily
rvec
not possible becouse the sql settings can't be the same. At least i think not. If you can give both exactly the same username and password and the same installpath then it should be possible.
Jamatu
It depends if you have installed any mods templates etc, you'll also need to edit some of the settings when you move the database from one server to another serve but it is possible. Do a quick search of google and you should find a guide.
cheeta
well it is possible to restore the data base... but after the restoretion strange problem shos up... let me explain...

suppose in the forum hosted in host1 i have sections named Test One & Test Two... now in the host2 when i restore the database backed up from host1 all the section do come up... but the link of those section is directing to host1 .... Shocked Shocked Shocked where the forum is in host2 ... Shocked Shocked
Pikokola
I think It's replaced / overwriten with the host01. Smile
cheeta
Pikokola wrote:
I think It's replaced / overwriten with the host01. Smile

hmm... but is there anyway by which i can fix this?? Confused Confused