FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Be a man/woman....admit it....

chargoyle
Ok who still plays Pokemon? I know there has to be at least a few of you that still pick it up every once in awhile....but who will admit it, huh? Think
eqfan
Pokemon?sorry ,whats game it Smile
votd
Pokemon is good for kids, better look for something better for you, maybe Winnie the Pooh, the best game ever made? It's ideal, just for pokemon fans RazzRazzRazzRazzRazz

Sorry man, no respect for shitty pokemon stuff, no man, DBZ forever Smile
Josso
I admit to playing the gameboy series of pokemon... I never collected the cards or anything else I just loved those games.
jeffleo
It's all in the past. Now I think pokemon is just ridiculous for me to play ( I'm 15 )
xray757
I got the red gameboy edition some years ago (I was already 18 or older, but the tv-show was soo cute, we all loved pikachu and togebi (however it is written, this egg-thing that gets carried all the time), so I got as birthday present from my friends the game and a togebi as keyring).
I got it long before there was something copying it like DBZ or Digimon.

I loved the game idea, played my red edition to the end, but hated that marketing thing with [I don't exactly know] about 6 different games for the gameboy you have to buy (or trade with friends) to get all monsters.

Now I don't play it anymore, but that's mainly because I have to less time and when I have time I play some mmorpg.
SilverDogg
im 21 years old so i think gta is very immature and because of that im gonna act like im a grownup and say that it is bad because of that! omfg omfg omfg omfg!!!!!!!!!1111oneoneone

well.. nah i dont really play pokemon anylonger. ive been thinking about picking it up sometimes, but it never happens. i think i need a newer game ;P. only have red and blu x).
excel
I must admit... The gameboy poemon games had me for a bit...
Yjaxygames
Don't play them anymore, but the games were great. I played them many, many hours. I have yellow and gold. And I don't get the new games like ruby and saphire. They're confusing me. Those pokemon didn't even showed up on television here.
kevin
The pokemon games are not childish, they are one af the best rpg/adventure games ever made on a handheld. Maybe the theme is kinda childish but the gameplay is pure quality...
Monkeydog
kevin wrote:
The pokemon games are not childish, they are one af the best rpg/adventure games ever made on a handheld. Maybe the theme is kinda childish but the gameplay is pure quality...

Exactly.

Now, anything out of the regular series of Pokemon sucks totally. But games like Gold and Red, are some of the best games ever created, so unique, and only casted down because of idiotic fools labeling it "kiddy" because they're fools.

I can't wait for Peral...although, it may totally suck.
KungFuChris
I too have played Gold for a while, though never had the time to get particulary far.

I picked it up as a laugh, thinking it was going to be rather stupid and childish, yet found it suprisingly deep, with quite an unexpectedly complex level of strategy behind it.
RobertDocherty
Meh!!! Roms, I dont actually have the games, just download the roms.
Ludjer
mmm back in the days of pokemon

lot's of memories but to old for it now
Kelcey
I've never played a pokemon game.
Dread Lord Chaos
*sigh* yes, I played both the handheld and the card game version of Pokemon Razz The cardgame was pretty weak as far as other CCGs go, but the handheld game was easily one of the better gaming experiences I've had. I played yellow and silver and I'd highly recommend them to any gamer who hasn't...just stay away from the card game lol
krazyfire
I used to play it was great in the good old days Smile
djared90
Well, I'll admit it too. I was hit by the Pokemon craze when I was in third grade. I played the video games, I played the card game, and I watched the TV show. The games I Red Version from the first series and Silver Version from the second, but I've never played the new Ruby/Sapphire versions. And then the card game...I collected quite a few cards, but it really was a weak card game in comparison to others. And then the TV show...I don't need to say anything about why I stopped watching that.

I think the entire Pokemon idea was really strong at the beginning, but it dragged on too long and just went downhill. I think it was a combination of both releasing Gold/Silver too late, as well as the fact that all fads eventually pass and get replaced.
sgwreviews
kevin wrote:

I do like the pokemon games too, I have yellow version for my gameboy, but when you say it was the best RPG ever, then what about Zelda?
Monkeydog
sgwreviews wrote:
kevin wrote:

I do like the pokemon games too, I have yellow version for my gameboy, but when you say it was the best RPG ever, then what about Zelda?

Zelda =/= RPG
bigtwballer
i did the love the video games but not the card game.
who wants to spend money on cardboard?
not me.............
s43ros
I used to love it all. That was a while ago. Now the only thing I do relating to pokemon is pwn on Super Smash Bros. Melee with pikachu
Kael
You know, honestly, I never even got into the whole Pokemon thing. I never found it too interesting. I mean, it was a good novelty, and an even Better money making idea. But as far as keeping my interest ..... well, I just never saw anything that really imnpressed me.
carriage_return
I will not even try to deny it, I did play pokemon during a period of my younger life. It lasted a good ... 4 days. Of course the boredom factor was one of the big reasons I stopped playing. To be quite honest, pokemon is about repetitive action. Much like playing mostly any console rpg and taking out the story .. and the puzzles. Ok, not the puzzles, but you're not playing pokemon for those, are you? Oh come on, tell me you're not. Good, I knew you weren't. And I'm sure some of you are going to bash me regarding statements such as "pokemon games don't really have a story (at least not the handhelds ones I've played), but I'm going to trust that people saying that are only kidding, or that they won't be able to bash me because they don't know where I live.

Having said that, I think pokemon games are fun for the first couple of hours (until you get bored of going back and forth or exploring to get the same old battles) ... and until your handheld batteries die. Which, I'll admit it, was one of the main reasons I really didn't play that much those days.

carriage_return
stormybaka
Never really got into the pokemon craze I guess...
raman
I used to play pokemon on gameboy but not for along time .
Timoses
I was on Holiday in the Alps during Winter Holidays and I shared a room with
5 guys who came from Herford and already knew each other.
4 of them had Gameboys and were actually still playin Pokemon. And they all
were like 17 to 18 years old. They were like Pokemon-Pros lol.
They knew everything about the Pokemon land and I always sat the and
wondered how they can know all that stuff.

Crazy Crazy...

Pokemon is a drug. Don't abuse it!! *g*

I've never played Pokemon : -D