FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Movie Scores

chargoyle
Everyone has been talking about bands and artists but I was wondering if anyone really had much of an opinion about scores from movies. To me, the best scores from movies are the ones that John Williams does. Stuff like Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones, Jaws, etc. So anyone have anything to say in this regard?
fecophobia
I really like Danny Elfman.. he always does work with Tim Burton like in the first Batman, Edward Scissorhands, and Mars Attacks!
mstreet
Powaqqatsi has one of the best soundtracks ever made Phillip Glass's piece has been used in other movies such as the Truman Show.
IAMED_2
Sorry to all you JW fans out there, but I really don't like his music anymore. In HP4, there's a new composer, and I couldn't tell the difference. IMO Jerry Goldsmith (Star Trek Movie and onwards, Poltergeist, Twilight Zone) is way better.

If you like that kind of stuff, you also might want to check out Tyler Koontz, a young composer, on the Finale Showcase. A minimum download of Finale NotePad 2004 is required (I recommend Finale 2005 Demo), but it's worth it.