FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Damm them!

Yantaal
Football games. WTF!?

if you want to play football, go play football, if you want to kill someone. The resort to games. Why simulate reallity in a game, its a waste of time, you do things tahst are completley impossible in my opinion with games. Why bother doing something you can do allready?
Kelcey
Yantaal wrote:
Football games. WTF!?

if you want to play football, go play football, if you want to kill someone. The resort to games. Why simulate reallity in a game, its a waste of time, you do things tahst are completley impossible in my opinion with games. Why bother doing something you can do allready?

Cause the chances of you playing in the NFL and NBA are approximately zero. Hence, you can't play in a pro league. Hence, you play the video game to simulate it, correct?
rip8fan1
Yantaal wrote:
Football games. WTF!?

Hmmm. Good point! Too bad you are misguided!!! I can't go outside at anytime and get 21 other people to play football with me. Yeah, it is about 5 degrees outside right now, so I really want to go out and play for four hours! I know Terrell Owens ain't doing much in the NFL right now, but I don't see him stopping by the neighborhood to play in my game, so it would appear like the only place I might be able to throw him a touchdown pass is a 'fantasy' game.

Even basketball takes just 10 guys (or gals), and sure you can play with less than that, but I'm not sure I can get 6 players (let alone 10), to go outside, and play a two hour game in this weather. I guess we could rent out Canseco Fieldhouse for the afternoon, and we could charge admission to have everybody else in the neighborhood watch a bunch of 45 year old dudes putting up airballs!!

Turning to baseball, we need a good 18 people to play correctly. I see 18 people just dying to go outside to play some baseball!! I guess we could rent out some domed stadium.

I don't even have to go into the fact that sometimes, it is dark outside - like 10 p.m. at night, and who wants to go out and play then? It is much easier to throw Madden into the player, and play!!
doug hines
Yantaal wrote:
Football games. WTF!?
Why bother doing something you can do allready?

several reasons
1) because you can
2) training. real players use these game to study plays and movements of other real players and teams
3) techonology keeps getting better, so sport fans want revamped sport games that look better. no sport fan will play an atari football game on the xbox