FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Driving me INSANE...

Metaguy
In DirectAdmin I put in an addon domain (metaguystudios.com). Now, from my web host I took off domain forwarding so that it doesnt redirect to metaguystudios.frih.net, becuase I was told my website wouldnt need that for it to work now. Well when I goto metaguystudios.com its a big, blank, white page. When I goto metaguystudios.frih.net, guess what? It works. Second, i made my email account through metaguystudios.com (its metaguy@metaguystudios.com). I put the mail account; mail.metaguystudios.com, the email address; metaguy@metaguystudios.com, Incoming server; POP3, Incoming and outgoing (POP3 and SMTP); mail.metaguystudios.frih.net, account name + password; My Account name and password to log on to DirectAdmin ALL in Outlook Express. I can receive mail that goes to metaguy@metaguystudios.com but i cant send without getting an error. Whats wrong with those two problems!!! (P.S. I also turned of mail forwarding on my domain and set the server names to the correct ones)

[Edit: If that was kinda hard to understand reread it Very Happy ]
Daniel15
When I go to metaguystudios.com, it redirects to metaguystudios.frih.net... I don't get a white page.

Anyway, you want to get the 'metaguystudios.com' domain to point to metaguystudios.frih.net, right? In that case, it's a parked domain, not an addon domain. Parked domains are called 'Domain Pointers' in DirectAdmin. Add the domain as a 'Domain Pointer', and it should work properly.

About the email thing, you need to turn on SMTP Authentication in your email client.
Bondings
I now added it as a domain pointer now. However, it isn't working yet because most likely the settings at your registrar aren't correct or not propagated yet. (it takes some time)