FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why direct admin

Dark-Tech
i have a spot on the old server but a friend just got one on the new server and asked if i could do a few things for him as he new to the idea of a good host so i said yea sure ive had alot of experience when i got there boom i was hit with direct admin and was almost completely lost espescially without fantastico whic made things so much easier, i mean its not like i wasnt able to help its just alot more work, like with installing phpbb2 - i know someone put a tutorial for it on the forums but i was just wondering why does the new server have Direct Admin and not cpanel
n0obie4life
Directadmin is more stable.
Less bugs.
Cheaper.
Simplier.
Less System Intensive
FriBogdan
On no...i hope that direct admin has upload tool (just a joke Razz). No really...this is the only thing i need for a good web page. The entire project is on my Pc so...
But i was curios to se how Cpanel is. Because i'm still waiting for a subdomain here at frihost, i think i could manage with Direc Admin too...
Daniel15
n0obie4life wrote:
Directadmin is more stable.
Less bugs.
Cheaper.
Simplier.
Less System Intensive

I agree with n0obie4life. DirectAdmin is a lot better than cPanel. It has almost no bugs (I've never seen any in DirectAdmin), and is a LOT cheaper.

mod edit - hush. not everyone has that feature enabled Wink
Bondings
Also, Fantastico is very easy to use but it has a lot of disadvantages. People are installing all available software, just for trying it out. They then forget to remove them. So then it occupies a lot of disk space and generates a lot of cpu-usage, certainly when someone makes a backup of 200MB. Wink
Dark-Tech
alright tanks i was just wondering im perfectly content at least i stiull have fantastico and cpanel
Daniel15
Bondings wrote:
Also, Fantastico is very easy to use but it has a lot of disadvantages. People are installing all available software, just for trying it out. They then forget to remove them. So then it occupies a lot of disk space and generates a lot of cpu-usage, certainly when someone makes a backup of 200MB. Wink

Yeah, I've seen people do that before.

I download every nice looking script I find, and test it on my testing server (an old computer running Linux). Because of that, the computer's htdocs folder is 587MB Very Happy

I only upload what I need to my FriHost site, so the total space used is usually only 5-10MB.