FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Addon Domains?

Metaguy
Just a quick easy question, where is the addon domains button in DirectAdmin?
Bondings
Advanced settings --> Additional domains --> Add a domain.
Metaguy
Nice, fast reponse but still Im confused. I went to advanced features and all there is, is ServerInfo, Mime types, Apache handlers, Custom error pages, phpMyAdmin, site redirection and domain pointers!
Bondings
Metaguy wrote:
Nice, fast reponse but still Im confused. I went to advanced features and all there is, is ServerInfo, Mime types, Apache handlers, Custom error pages, phpMyAdmin, site redirection and domain pointers!

Oh yeah, you have a different theme.

It's the first item under 'your account'. 'Domain setup', add another domain.
Metaguy
so now when I goto control panel it tells me theres two domains, and i choose one. Do they share the FTP file thingy?
Bondings
Yes, if you use an ftp program, you will see two domains in the /domains/ folder.
Metaguy
Heh, so now, I dont have to use domain forwarding (from my domain provider) to get to the site, It automatically does it? (Last question i swear!)
Bondings
Metaguy wrote:
Heh, so now, I dont have to use domain forwarding (from my domain provider) to get to the site, It automatically does it? (Last question i swear!)

At your provider you need to fill in the nameservers ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net to point the domain to our server. You will then be able to use your domain just like your subdomain now. Wink
Metaguy
Right now, when I goto metaguystudios.com (the domain I just added not metaguystudios.frih.net), its just a plain white page. Should I wait, and mabye itll work?
Bondings
Metaguy wrote:
Right now, when I goto metaguystudios.com (the domain I just added not metaguystudios.frih.net), its just a plain white page. Should I wait, and mabye itll work?

I get the following when I do a whois lookup. Only the first 2 should appear.
Quote:
Domain servers in listed order:
ns1.frih.net
ns2.frih.net
vizaweb.mercury.orderbox-dns.com

I also added the metaguystudios.com domain to your directadmin.

At the moment, metaguystudios.com is still redirecting to the subdomain, but after chaning the nameservers and waiting a bit, it should be working.
Metaguy
Thank you Bondings!!! Very Happy