FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is Mambo?

hack_man_
At the bottom of all of the forum pages I noticed that it says
Quote:
Reliable Mambo - PostNuke - Xoops - Typo3 web hosting.

I looked at the Mambo site just out of curiosity but could not undersant what it was that their software does, it is a control panel thing like DirectAdmin?
Bondings
It is a CMS (Content Management System). It's a program that let's you write your content and takes care of the links, categories, site structure, polls, images, ...
Daniel15
Quote:
What is Mambo? Simply put, it is a free web-based content management system (or CMS). It allows you to organise and update your website content using just a web browser - without needing to know any of the technicalities behind the scenes, such as HTML (the language used to create web pages).

(source: http://www.netshinesoftware.com/mambo-business-websites.html)
n0obie4life
I'd recommend using Joomla over Mambo (The developers of Mambo have moved over to Joomla Wink)
boringest
it gives u a fully functional website with room for growth in terms of componennts/modules...all u have to do is design the layout! very easy to use, just need time to learn the functions. the community is great!
srijit
you also can try out abt 500+ free templates to make your joomla site look cool.
Link: http://templates.joomlaya.com

joomla is very easy to setup, has a TON of user contributed mods, all of which can be installed without editing a file ( well abt 97% atleast ), and is just a joy to work with Very Happy