FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anti Tibia and Garfield without flash navs =)

Arin
Hello,

I'd like to invite all of you to visit a site made by my beloved girlfriend and me.

Although most of the site is in Polish I would like to point out two parts of it, which can be visited by people with even basic English.

First part is based on a small script, which will let you to view Garfield Comics without those annoying navs in flash on Garfield's Home Page. You can check it here.

Second part is my project about Tibia. It's a game, which in my opinion can be as destructive as a drug addiction. You'll find everything out here. If someone among you plays this game - I urge you to at least take a look.

Thanks for your time =).

Cheers,
Arin.
QwertyManiac
hey cool, the garfield one is a good idea... It appeared on StumbleUpon first when I visited Very Happy so good luck Wink
Arin
QwertyManiac wrote:
hey cool, the garfield one is a good idea... It appeared on StumbleUpon first when I visited :D so good luck ;)

thaaanks! we were totally unaware of our site being listed in StumbleUpon catalogue. thank you for visiting us, and for that information :).

cheers,
Arin.
paul_indo
Very nice.

Real professional looking sites.
Arin
Bump for update.

Garfield site has new feature, which lets you to choose particular date of strip release :).

Shuttle Bay has been redesigned, and now holds also content in English. This isn't a link directory, it is a top sites listing, and we do not choose sites "how popular in the Internet" they are. Also, slight color adjustment will be deployed soon :).

There are also another two major subsites upcoming. One of them will be in Polish, but second will describe start pages designs :). You can check them here:
Start Sida in Swedish
Startpagina in Dutch
Start Page in English
Strona Startowa in Polish

Oh, there is also the Remider, atm only with Polish description, but when you scroll down to the screenshot you will get its purpose.

Antitibia is kinda dead, coz since I dont play anymore I am not able to put any new content :). But imho it is useful anyway.

We appreciate any feedback :).

Cheers,
Arin.
Blaster
I enjoyed the comics. Where did you find them? I like that you have some of your parts of the site in english. I hope to one day learn to speack polish. If i do i will look at your site first. Very Happy

P.S. how many languages do you know?
Arin
Blaster wrote:

Far too less :/. Only two fluent (Polish & English), and few basic sentences in Russian. I have friends in many countries though, they help me with translations when different language version is needed :). Power of Internet :D.

cheers,
Arin.
Scorpio
That was a good page on garfield. Anyway, Got something to ask you.

1. Do you have a license for displaying garfield comics?

Because it is licensed to paws inc. you get all these comic strips sorted by date at www.garfield.com anyway. If you havent got a license, better be careful.

Just a friendly word of advice, though you are a mod. Very Happy
Arin
scorpio wrote:
1. Do you have a license for displaying garfield comics?

Because it is licensed to paws inc. you get all these comic strips sorted by date at www.garfield.com anyway. If you havent got a license, better be careful.

Yes, I do have permission from Paws Inc for that script to run, and its stated in the site's footer:
Quote:
This site is powered by Arin's Garfield Script. All above Garfield strips are copyrighted by Paws Inc., and are showed to you with their written permission.

scorpio wrote:
Just a friendly word of advice, though you are a mod. :D

Thanks, I appreciate it a lot! :).
Blaster
Arin wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Far too less :/. Only two fluent (Polish & English), and few basic sentences in Russian. I have friends in many countries though, they help me with translations when different language version is needed Smile. Power of Internet Very Happy.

cheers,
Arin.

www.google.com/translate I traslated a lot using that. Very Happy It is a really good sight. Try that out some times.