FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Suggestion

Kestrel
I'm not sure if this is possible, but I know I've seen a lot of users posting in this forum without reading the rules for it. Such as the most recent I've seen, the one for Quick Reply.

Anyhow, I think you should make/find an add-on that makes users view the rules to a certain part of the forum before they can post. This would reduce the workload of the mods a ton, I think.
dan751
I have to agree. I'm not saying this because I'm lazy.Wink More over, if people knew the rules of some forums better, I believe that there would be more quality posts.Wink
vic_msn
A new topic should be started where all technology posts can be posted.
just an idea not a demand Exclamation
xray757
There exists a mod for phpbb that directs you after the registration to a certain topic you define. But right now I can'T find it and although can't remember the name of it.
That would be helpful to direct new members to the rules, but doesn't mean that they are going to read it though
unkind
good idea
stormybaka
phphacks is bound to have something to work this in, I think I remember seeing something perfect for this there once...
ocalhoun
One could just add quite a lot of annoying rule lists just above the "subject" form. Then everybody would post here to complain about it.
wumingsden
One thing that could be done is to create a new page, lets say its called www.frihost.com/community and have the rules on there then have the buttons to enter at the bottom of the age (although this again doesn't mean that people will read the Forum Rules).

P.S I have read them and referred them to people numerous times
MoFo^
Good idea but, even if you make users to get into the rules page
i think many of them(or most of them) won't read the rules and just "skip" them
wumingsden
I know, there is always going to be a case where some people will read the rules and some peole won't. Thats life. The best way to get around this I believe is

1 - Create a Rules page like frihost has on the forum
2 - Create a rules page like i suggested above
3 - Use a Mod that shows the rules to the forum on registration
DX-Blog
To be honest, I haven't read the rules either. In general it just requires common sense not to break any rule. Some forums do come up with the most crappy rules, like in example I one time got banned on some ****** up forum for using more than 2 colours within my post (god loves syntaxing, the forum mods the appearantly didn't whilst they had a major section about coding, rofl). But well yeh, on most forums you won't run into any problems if you just behave correctly.