FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Blog Hosting

Should Frihost do Blog Hosting?
Yes
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
No
69%
 69%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 23

thermaltake
I have another idea to contribute to Firhost. Firhost could have a Blog Hosting service. It just came into my mind.
BlackSkad
I wonder what you mean by "BlogHosting". Is it something like Google's Blogger? I don't think it's realy necessairy; People who want to create a blog just have to post and request their acount. It's not so difficult to install - or if you're technically strong, to create - a simple blogscript.
It might be a little more work than a ready made blog, but it has more potential than such a service.
I don't realy see why FriHost would need this...

Greatz,
BlackSkad
n0obie4life
What next?

Erm, Forum Hosting?
SNES350
BlackSkad wrote:
I wonder what you mean by "BlogHosting". Is it something like Google's Blogger? I don't think it's realy necessairy; People who want to create a blog just have to post and request their acount. It's not so difficult to install - or if you're technically strong, to create - a simple blogscript.
It might be a little more work than a ready made blog, but it has more potential than such a service.
I don't realy see why FriHost would need this...

Greatz,
BlackSkad

I agree, it is possible (and very easy) to install blog software to FriHost. One of the first things I did (after setting up a page at my homepage) was install Nucleus CMS using Fantastico from inside cPanel. Installing it took about 30 seconds for me to read the instructions as they came and make a decision.
n0obie4life
SNES350, if you ever noticed, we stopped using cPanel. No fantastico for you.
George
I think a shoutcast hosting service would be nice. I mean no one wants to host a DNAS server off there computer with the fear of the internet station getting popular and draining the CPU, etc. It would be a good idea though. For the blog idea I was never a fan of blogs, but it doesnt hurt to try Smile
djcaution
blog is bunk
dray101
There shouldn't be because if someone wants to make a blog they can easily make one at a FREE website especially for that kind of thing.

eg. www.blogger.com

Wink Why make yet another blogging tool/site when there are plenty out there? Wink
srijit
what use is a blog? especially here? not everyone is an avid blogger. i certainly am not. and moreover cant u just install wordpress or nucleus or geeklog in ur free frih account. there seems to be no restrictions there. so why should frih do blog hosting? especially with free services like blogger. as regards forum hosting, i have no opinion Razz
ujjeh
I thought we already have blog hosting because it is a cpanel hosting. Blog templates are the best where you can posts reover and reover and talk about the latest news or information. You can add more and more and it appears a date. You don't need to go to site control panel and change the stuffs around.
Marston
n0obie4life wrote:
What next?

Erm, Forum Hosting?
AHAHAHAHA!
n0obie4life
Ah don't worry, Bondings has planned for Frihosts future, but we're not telling anyone of the plans Razz.

Although a sneak preview is available on Bondings World Wink
hac
Why do we need separate BlogHosting when we can just install the Blog script on our account.

Hope to see Bondings plans soon but the recent downtime is really annoying.
Marston
n0obie4life wrote:
Ah don't worry, Bondings has planned for Frihosts future, but we're not telling anyone of the plans Razz.

Although a sneak preview is available on Bondings World Wink

Code:
<?
if ( $frihost > $google || $microsoft )
{
unset ($google);
unset ($microsoft);

return $frihost;
}
?>
Oh my god look what happened by accident!
mariohs
Talking about hosting blog, as said above, it's not difficult to install, I agree. But I don't know how difficult is to set this, but frihost could make those installations easier for starters, something like 1 button install. Anyway, it's just my opinion and it would facilitate the life of thousand people over there. Not only blogs, but also forums (phpbb, etc) and cms (phpnuke, xoops, etc), I don't know all of them, but I think most people (me, for example) would love it. Then everybody from starters to the most experienced people could run their own websites as they wish to.

[edit] ok, my mistake, I just realized that fantastico does this already. I didn't know what fantastico was. Sorry Wink [/edit]
stormybaka
Seems to me with all the blogging scripts etc, that it would be more fruitful and have the personal touch if you just got hosting and made your own. Someones blog to those who don't know the person behind it, can be very generic anyway.

So in my mind, bloghosting is a waste of time and resources for the masterminds at frihost incorporated.

My two cents done!!!
madsencarl
I'm just curious... I'm pretty sure FriHost supports WordPress 2 (it supports mysql doesn't it). Can somebody just confirm this for me?
n0obie4life
Yes, we support Wordpress 2.
gonzo
in lieu of frihost there's
http://wordpress.com/

the DIY option is
http://wordpress.org/

It's easy to install. Really.
Blaster
If you want a blog go to blogspot. you can make as many blogs as you want on the same name. It is free and extreamly simple to make. www.blogspot.com

Sorry it is www.blogger.com they both work though.