FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

subdomain problem

bluffmango
i created a subdomain called cards.bluffmango.com thru cpanel but when i try to assign a redirect location to it it gives an error??? , i want to redirect it to
http://www.bluffmango.com/greetings.htm, but its not working i have tried many times,,, it worked fine the first time i created it but suddenly it was not working and now it doesnt get assigned an address location i m trying to assign it...??
ashok
bluffmango wrote:
i created a subdomain called cards.bluffmango.com thru cpanel but when i try to assign a redirect location to it it gives an error??? , i want to redirect it to
http://www.bluffmango.com/greetings.htm, but its not working i have tried many times,,, it worked fine the first time i created it but suddenly it was not working and now it doesnt get assigned an address location i m trying to assign it...??

go to cpanel>manage subdomains, remove the redirection set to that subdomain, open ur browser, type in cards.blu.....com, it shud show u a directory index. if it's not, then something's wron with the subdomain, remove it and again add it. If it's ok, then browse bluf.....com/greetings.htm and see wether it's accessible or not. If it is, add the redirection, clear ur browser's cache, and browse cards.blu....com and it will go... i think it's the browser's cache..
bluffmango
not working i tried it ;-(