FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best Blogging?

pansophia
The first thing I plan to install on my web site this weekend is a blog. I was going to use Moveable Type, because I'm familiar with Six Apart. However, a friend is urging me to try WordPress instead.

My understanding is that WordPress is easy to install, and it has a large support community and there are a lot of ways to modify it. I'm a bit worried about getting into a situation where I have to download a zillion plug-ins and half of them won't work.

Any advice about whether some blogs are better than others? Does anyone use WordPress or Moveable Type? Or is another one better?
Marston
I don't think you can install Moveable Type for free (and paid software is against the TOS). I'd go with WordPress, if you want just one blog (most plugins DO work, and they are organized in a suitable manner). WordPress is a blogging industry favourite, and you're probably best off using it as opposed to using something else.
pansophia
After much research, I'm going to go with Wordpress.

I wanted to share that Moveable Type is free for the "personal edition", though. Here's the link:
http://www.sixapart.com/movabletype/pricing
Grimboy
Of course that's a bunch of bloat compared to bloxsom.
pansophia
I did manage to break WordPress right out of the box. Now I can't get the links at the top to work.

Of course If I'm having problems with WordPress, I'm sure it would be 100x worse with Moveable Type.
misterdimiz
read here http://frihost.com/forums/vt-14411.html

you can find some other php blog scripts