FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

People STARING at you and what you are doing

izimngcubes15
Don't you hate it when people, mostly annoying people, STARE at what you do? Or just stare at you. Like if I'm typing something on the computer in a public area, someone always look over my shoulder and look of what I am typing. Some person might even be looking right now, I think it's very rude and annoying. I don't think it's very polite at all. What's their business to come and watch what site I look at or what I'm doing on the computer. I don't like these kind of people at all. Mad
Helios
I agree Exclamation
SunburnedCactus
It's a sign of diminished intelligence. Their brain has forgotten how to blink again. Just feel pity for them.
NightsCuriosity
Ya...I hate that too. I hate it when Im on the computer and people I dont know are looking over my shoulder. I really dont mind it when people I know are doing it....but for some reason I hate it when people I DONT know do it. Im weird. Dont judge me.

: D
lockwolf
There was this one time at band camp......Yeah Ill leave it at that.
[FuN]goku
izimngcubes15 wrote:
Don't you hate it when people, mostly annoying people, STARE at what you do? Or just stare at you. Like if I'm typing something on the computer in a public area, someone always look over my shoulder and look of what I am typing. Some person might even be looking right now, I think it's very rude and annoying. I don't think it's very polite at all. What's their business to come and watch what site I look at or what I'm doing on the computer. I don't like these kind of people at all. Mad
always... well i really have no choice in the techlab at school... but in particular theres 3 or 4 people who constantly go around the lab stalking people its really annoying
VincentBlack
I cant say I've ever had someone stare at me for what I've been doing. I have had some ladies stare at me for my good looks though...in my dreams : ( Anyway, I guess I've never really done anything weird enough to warrant being stared at.
whplace
It is annoying.... i get a lot irritated and sometimes i feel embarrased ... lol.....

I WANT PRIVACY
donkeypoodle
If someone is staring at you or what you are doing, stare at them back and keep staring. This will freak them out. Smile
eqfan
i hate that too.most of ppl dont like that thought.
MrStone
I love to stare at people. I donno why. Im always interested in what they're doing. I dont care if its rude or they see me. Especially people i dont really know well.
bananaphone
php_wizard_l33t
Haha, yep, I think it's extremely annoying.

The last time somebody gawked at me, was when they were directly beside me, and I decided to swear them out so they would stop staring.
bcnhs81
@threadstarter

yeah those kind of people really bugs me.. It really makes me feel conscious of my work and sometimes my concentration gets disrupted.. Its not like i wana have a private life but its really annoying that somebody is poking their nose unto your business.. Very Happy
seanooi
When someone stares at me while i'm doing something, it just makes me feel uneasy, and I so wanna hit them in the face for staring, lol.
It's just annoying Laughing
nam_siddharth
If someone stare me, its make me feel uneasy. Specially when he is stranger.
Sometimes I like to be stared, if that person is a cute gal, who staring me. Very Happy
Helios
If you're 2 meters high, you can stare back at them. They'll run away.
n0obie4life
If I'm instant messaging someone, I'll type to my friend something like this.

"You know, there's this idiot staring and what I'm telling you.."
Nameless
You know what was utterly hilarious? Somebody was staring at my computer just a few seconds ago and they turned away sort-of embarrased when I clicked on this topic.
ashok
n0obie4life wrote:
If I'm instant messaging someone, I'll type to my friend something like this.

"You know, there's this idiot staring and what I'm telling you.."

Laughing Laughing Laughing gud comedy..

it's the basic instinct of humans to be keenly interested in other people's matters.
izcool
I hate it also. At least I'm not alone to see that other people feel the same way.

I type as nice as could be when no one is looking, but when someone is watching, I tend to make a lot of mistakes left and right - gets really annoying.

- Mike.
Jack_Hammer
Depends on situations, depends on who is looking, like say, my boss, then no, becauase I would be working, depends where I'm working what presure, etc.
watersoul
It is very rude to check out what someone is typing to someone else, there's a friend of mine who does it, he's really nosy and seems to want to know everything everyone is up to like peering over the shoulder to see the screen. A couple of weeks ago I even closed my laptop and said to him I thought he was being a little bit out of order and perhaps should think about what he's doing!
I've nothing to hide really, but it just felt like he was intruding without permission so I had to share my feelings about it, otherwise I'm not being honest to him or myself!
polly-gone
I once shot some creeper who was staring over my shoulder. Not really. That's not the point. It is just so rude that people MUST know EVERYTHING you are doing.

-Nick Smile Smile Smile

P.S. OMG! Helios! I think this is the first time we have both posted in the same thread.
standready
Boy, does this bring up a sore spot for me. I hate it! My parents are great for asking me to do something for them and stand there while I do the task watching me (usually in the way) and complaining about the way I do the the task. Just leave me alone to do it.
Even my former bosses have done that.
Melacos
Well, I'm currently being trained to be an anthropologist, so basically it'll be my job to get on all you guys' nerves:P....

Staring in general I can't really see any problem with.... Sure, the I guess an uncomfortable feeling typically arises when being stared at in public... But that's kinda sad I think in fact. I'm sure it's just a bi-product of the way our culture works today, and the individualization it has brought with it... I'd like a more open way of dealing with each other in public areas to be honest...
HamsterMan
Quite the opposite. I like it when people stare at what I'm coding on in school, and when they ask questions about it. But that's just because I'm an attention ******.
Flarkis
People that stare either have one really big problem and are totally weird or they are hardcore daydreaming. I've done that before. I was in class and started daydreaming and found i was "staring" at this one girl... who was giving me a weird look. Not the best experience ive ever had Razz. But yea, with computers? It's ok if someone GLANCES at what your doing as they pass by but staring at what your doing? ewwww creepy people.
Keran
lol. Almost everyone in this thread find being stared at annoying... While I completely don't mind it... Really, I don't care what people'll think about what I'm doing, it's their free right. If You want privacy go to a private area, Your home or somewhere, if You're in public how can someone violate Your privacy by staring at what You're doing. You're in public, they rather are violating Your 'publicy' rather than privacy ;p
Arnie
OH SHI- sorry, I read your post. But don't worry I won't do it again.
jsfdan
HamsterMan wrote:
Quite the opposite. I like it when people stare at what I'm coding on in school, and when they ask questions about it. But that's just because I'm an attention ******.

this. Very Happy
Donutey
Yes, it's somewhat rude, but it's not really something that's unexpected, if you're in a public space there's nothing that says they can't do that. I think part of it is that people are sort of trained to look at any screen that's in front of them, so their natural thing is to stare at the screen.
EDDIE123
don't you sometimes feel as if someone is staring at you, and then you turn around and there they are!!!
gugusm
It's annoying like hell, but you'd better get used to that Wink
missdixy
i don't care when people glance and see what I'm doing, I care when they stare a long time and are READING what i'm writing. that's annoying.
dac_nip
If I am in your position, stare at them back with your eyebrows crossed. just to let them know that its rude. hehehe..or if cute, say HI..hehe
biljap
Very annoying, I don’t like it. Mad
mtorregiani
Oh man, I hate it so much. Sometimes I'm typing and someone comes and pretend that they're not interested in what you're typing but they're reading the whole thing...
I can't stand it... really.
andredesignz
STARING is not a good idea in Jamaica honesty u would get kill if u do that..... I personally done stare at people and i definitely hate when people stare at me especially when am going a photoshoot in open areas and i stuff to the ladies set them all sort of ways Laughing
Arty
Nameless wrote:
You know what was utterly hilarious? Somebody was staring at my computer just a few seconds ago and they turned away sort-of embarrased when I clicked on this topic.

lol Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
SpellcasterDX
Yes I absolutely hate that. And not cause I'm doing anything bad, but it's just unnerving.
guissmo
I stare back at them. See how YOU like it? Hah! At least you have your own secret reason on why you're staring at what I'm doing. I just stare at you to annoy you.

Or maybe for you to get the hint.
mrcool
I stare them back too with my eyebrows crossed. I won't stop staring at them until they won't look at me...
Zombie
yes, i find it very annoying when a sibling or someone that i know ... or even someone i dont know is staring over my shoulder. I think a computer session should be private.. then again any public computer can easily be monitored by someone with moderate computer knowledge. And any personal information that you enter can be viewed. Thats why you shouldnt do any banking in a public internet area.