FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

GreenDay vs. Linkin Park

Green or Linkin
Green Day
56%
 56%  [ 17 ]
Linkin Park
43%
 43%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 30

danikuzi
Which of them do you like more?
tingkagol
So why are we comparing these two completely different bands now?

what the hell... Greenday.
afux
linkin park is much better than green day
their lyrics are better and the music rockz much more
and the thing with jay-z was the best crossover ever
acamas
Green Day All the way. Blink comes in 2nd favourite band to me.
I think greendays lyrics are good i dont see why ppl dont like them.
Dragate
we really don't not like them... it's just that their songs get boring... really easily, but not as much for linkin park... linking park and greenday, to me, i find are practically just the same, both are just simple music based on V and I chords... ;p you can see their most popular videos with dl's at http://www.music.yahoo.com (you will need and account and some type of media player)
Larsfan
Thats too hard to choose...I LOVE both band so i really cant choose.
scratcher
There are many differences between punkrock and new-metal.

GreenDay is better, they have made excellent songs in the past and still making good noise.

I really enjoy "She" and "When I Come Around".
_bloodstain
Linkin Park all the way. I've been listening to them for a couple years now and Green Day just bothers me. Not a fan.
lyndonray
Now that's wrong. comparing those two is like comparing bob marley to madonna, actually Lindy Lauper, no Christina Aguilera, better yet ricky martin...get it? You can't compare them execpt if it's solely based on personal preference. In that case give me linkin park any day. Green Day is pretty cool too. Love that Panic Song of theirs
Tasukii
I don't like them at all. I think they do some kind of music that everybody can do, it's not original. I used to like Green Day but they are really superficial now.
S3nd K3ys
Green day = whiney panzies
Hippie
Thats a tough call. I've liked both bands at one point in their careers, and neither of them at the moment. Greenday got all sucky and pop-y, linkin park never changed in anyway, except to make some stupid remixese with bad rap artists. That might sound like I don't know what I like, but it is definitly possible for a band to come out with new ideas and not get crappy.
MoFo^
green day rocks Cool
mikakiev
Both silly Very Happy
endless
mikakiev wrote:
Both silly Very Happy

aww man, I was planning to say that but you did it first Crying or Very sad

i really dont like time both, linkin park sounds too simple and boring for me and greenday, well the same.
catscratches
I like neither of them (too soft for me) but if I was forced to choose, I'd definately pick Green Day. They're havn't always been terrible (like LP has).
mikakiev
endless wrote:
mikakiev wrote:
Both silly Very Happy

i really dont like time both, linkin park sounds too simple and boring for me and greenday, well the same.

Green Day is older and more famous amongs different generations of music fans
devaco
Thank you for information

Berst regards
chartcentral
Wow, this is close at 7 votes for each band. Each have their own style and strengths as artists. I voted for Linkin Park because I like their songs peak more in their memory compared with Green Day's.
TheOnionRack
tingkagol wrote:

Haha. Classic reply. Linkin Park for the Win! Green day was a bit of a 1-hit-wonder. After American Idiot, they just sorta... died out. Bought their second album (International Superhits) and was disappointed in that most of the songs sound the same. Looks like they wrote loads of great stuff for American Idiot and then the ideas sank.
chartcentral
TheOnionRack wrote:
Haha. Classic reply. Linkin Park for the Win! Green day was a bit of a 1-hit-wonder. After American Idiot, they just sorta... died out. Bought their second album (International Superhits) and was disappointed in that most of the songs sound the same. Looks like they wrote loads of great stuff for American Idiot and then the ideas sank.

To be fair with Green Day, they are more than a one-hit wonder. "International Superhits" was not their second album, they've had 6 studio albums released before that. You can check this out for details.
lethaltriad
Really depends on the mood that i'm on cuz to me they are 2 different type of bands but i much prefer Link Park over them, more hits or favourite songs that I like from them as compared to Green Day.
JinTenshi
Ah well, both are fine, both are good, but prefer Linkin Park cause it's abit more hardcore. Cause greenday don't have a Bennington to help them scream ya? haha
alanw0
Green Day or Linkin Park?

How about a fork in the left eye or the right? Certainly preferable...
liljp617
alanw0 wrote:
Green Day or Linkin Park?

How about a fork in the left eye or the right? Certainly preferable...

Yes sir.
Shewolf
endless wrote:
mikakiev wrote:
Both silly Very Happy

I suppose I am joining in on this one, even though I sort of liked Linkin Park when I was younger. To me numetal was the bridge from "silly pop" to metal, and I never really crossed that bridge again after that... Twisted Evil
As for Greenday, they've never been my cup of tea. Not before their hits, nor after. End of story.
zyd666
2 super lamo bands ....
nfneon
I did not vote. I like both of them and they are too different to be compared
rshackelford
Green day by a landslide. They have had so many more hits than Linkin Park and have been around a lot longer too.
Insanity
I don't have a particular preference for either one... I don't hate them or anything, but they about on equal footing with me.
chi0
Green Day, definitely!
stel4e
GreenDay
Mrs Lycos
I think they are equally to me, i like one of each group songs Razz
warriorpoets
I saw Green Day once back in 1991 or 92 or so... long time ago, they hadn't hit big yet. They were opening for Bad Religion at a club in San Jose. All Age show. God those were the days. They threw things at Billy... which is par for the course in the world of punk, but yeah...

I'm dating myself aren't I?

So Green Day is my vote. Yep.
mattyj
Why the hell would you compare 2 such completely different bands?

Why not compare 2 like bands like

Green Day v's Blink 182

or

Linkin Park v's Incubus

or something

WORST POLL EVER
mattyj
TheOnionRack wrote:
tingkagol wrote:

WOw... Just wow....

International Superhits was like, a greatest hits album with 2 or 3 new songs on it....

Green Day's first album was released in 1991, 10 YEARS before international superhits

Oh and for the record, International Superhits (2001) was released BEFORE American Idiot (2004)

1991 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours
1992 Kerplunk
1994 Dookie (their best album)
1995 Insomniac
1997 Nimrod
2000 Warning
2001 International Superhits
2004 American Idiot

If you are going to insult a band at least know what you are talking about Rolling Eyes
mikakiev
Green Day I think
SpellcasterDX
You can't really compare them...they're not exactly in the same genre. But if we're going on who we like better out of the two, I say Linkin Park. I do like Green Day though, but LP wins it for me.
Joanne
mattyj wrote:
Quote:
Why the hell would you compare 2 such completely different bands?

Why not compare 2 like bands

SpellcasterDX also have the same idea, and I agree to both of them.
Usually comparisons are made between something or someone with whatever similarities they may have.

So okei, they are both bands.
Yep, they're in the music industry.

But come on, comparing bands with different type of music/genre?
Isnt that something to take into consideration when you asked for votes and comparison?

But just to answer you Q, i'll go for both.
They excel in doing their own thing, making their own music and keeping their own fans happily humming or singing with their songs.