FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Installing Modules & Mime Types

smokey4life
Ok i need a couple of modules added however i need some help how do i go about adding, now i know i prolly dont need all of them i was told to use this command perl -cw oakmailer.cgi and this will compile the script with warning but not execute it but im pretty sure only the server admin can do that Wink anyways can you guys help me out?

MIME::Parser;
MIME::Lite;
Mail::POP3Client;
CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);
CGI;
Storable qw(retrieve nstore);
n0obie4life
You can add your own MINE Types through Directadmin

http://site-helper.com/misc.html#mime
smokey4life
That help guide kind of sucks i allready checked it out, it didnt help me much, in the mime type box i put MIME::Parser or just Parser? Or what? then the extension would be cgi i guess since im using cgi scripts with this module? I dont know never added them before any help would be much appreciated i need these to run a script as soon as possible.
smokey4life
The fact that im getting this error message is because i dont have the correct mimetypes installed correct? ANd if so can someone at least tell me if the mimetypes that i listed in my first post are even able to be added by a user or does the server admin have to add these?

Quote:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@runesource.frih.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Daniel15
Whenever you get an 'Internal Server Error' message, a more detailed error is logged in the error log.

Log in to cPanel/DirectAdmin and click on the 'Error Log' option. Find any errors that relate to your script.
smokey4life
These are the only errors in the log that are in reference to the script, any ideas?

Quote:
attempt to invoke directory as script: /home/smokey4l/domains/runesource.frih.net/public_html/cgi-bin/runemail
File does not exist: /home/smokey4l/domains/runesource.frih.net/public_html/403.shtml
Premature end of script headers: /home/smokey4l/domains/runesource.frih.net/public_html/cgi-bin/runemail/runemail.cgi
[/list]
n0obie4life
Your script has a problem Rolling Eyes.
smokey4life
Ok, so can one of you guys please help me with installing the mime types ive read some guides ect. but only caught the jist of it still not sure exactly how to add them. What is the syntex i enter for each field in the directadmin for example for MIME::Parser? It really ocnfuses me also with the fact that you have to add an extension to each one but wouldnt they all use the same file extension considering im using cgi for the whole script? I dont know maybe one of you more experienced server guys could enlighten me. Very Happy