FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

e books

brewmaster
Anybody know a goof place to get ebooks from - and is there anything on line like a library where once you have read them you could return them?
kany
Well you should search for public libraries there . They usually offers membership for a time period . You have to become a member and then you can borrow books for some time and return them after some time.
Ioana
brewmaster wrote:
Anybody know a goof place to get ebooks from - and is there anything on line like a library where once you have read them you could return them?

To return ebooks online is nonsense. Downloading from somewhere doesn't really affect the stock of the place you download from. As well as sending back wouldn't affect the existance of the book on your computer.

A lot of ebooks can be found e.g. on emule.

Good luck and fun with the reading!
jakegest
As long as you don't mind reading the classics you might want to check out Project Gutenberg

Also if your into sci-fi and such Baen books has the Baen free library.

those wont really get you specific books but if you're purpose is to just find stuff to read, they are petty nice.
igmail
Why not use seacrch engine such as google to find free ebooks or google print
papamurphy
Torrent trackers can be a good place to find e-books, but I think it is against the TOS for me to give specific addresses.
jesterscourt
Reading ebooks on a screen, at least for me, was always difficult after a few pages, my eyes just wanted a break. One time I tried reading an ebook in bed with my laptop... Let's just cut to the quick and say, "kids don't do that" those lappys get hot on your legs! Ouch.
hades9366
jakegest wrote:
As long as you don't mind reading the classics you might want to check out Project Gutenberg

Also if your into sci-fi and such Baen books has the Baen free library.

those wont really get you specific books but if you're purpose is to just find stuff to read, they are petty nice.

Nice. I'll be checking these out