FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fable: The Lost Chapters for Xbox a Flop

Splinter Effect
Fable:The Lost Chapters for Xbox is, overall, a good game. It has great new content that wasn't in the original Fable, for example, more quests to complete, more customization options, new weapons, and a bunch of new expressions. Unfortunately, all good things must have a balance of bad. Longer load times, at times choppy audio and graphics, and relatively short gameplay plauge Fable: TLC. If anyone out there has anything to add go ahead and reply. Also, if anyone actually wasn't dissapointed in this game, please tell me why.
Dark_Jedi06
They made another one and didn't even bother to extend the amount of gameplay expontially? That was the whole problem with the first Fable...you could beat it in 6 hours. Confused

I think they would have drastically extended the game so maybe it actually took a solid amount of time to beat...did they up the difficulty at all? The first one was fairly easy.
Trigonous
I enjoyed the first Fable for all of 10 hours, 5 minutes was simply watching the weird things they put in the credits (pizza places used during production, number of takeout eaten during production, name of the pizza guy Rolling Eyes ). I would have hoped that the Lost Chapters would add a lot of gameplay. Guess I have to redo my Christmas list.
Tsubakii
I recently bought Fable: The Lost Chapters for PC... and I have to say, it's really a great game. Without a doubt, it's one of the best games I have ever played. Great replayabilty. Definately a must have if you enjoy Role Playing Games.
sgwreviews
Or the previous poster has a different taste than the topic poster,
or there is a huge difference between the Xbox and PC version.

Can someone tell me if there is a difference between Xbox an PC versions of any games? I'm having dreams about maybe buying Xbox 360. (never had a console, exept a NES)
Alein_Atryda_III
I didn't like even original Fable, I was dissapointed by Lost Chapters as well. Battle system is boring(even Zelda has better), story is even worse, graphics are OK but locations are so small and linear... It's simplest ARPG I've seen since Diablo 1.

I played Fable only on PC, finished it and uninstalled as fast as I could. It was funny at places, music was nice in some places, but overall it sucked. I've seen LC at my friend's place and I didn't like it.
Tsubakii
sgwreviews wrote:
Or the previous poster has a different taste than the topic poster,
or there is a huge difference between the Xbox and PC version.

Can someone tell me if there is a difference between Xbox an PC versions of any games? I'm having dreams about maybe buying Xbox 360. (never had a console, exept a NES)

I can't tell you if there's really a difference or not, but I can say this -- if you want an Xbox 360, expect to clean out your wallet in no time flat and then be horrifically disappointed when the console overheats and ruins your gaming.

Read some reviews people have for the Xbox 360. Most of them aren't pretty.
Tsubakii
Alein_Atryda_III wrote:
I didn't like even original Fable, I was dissapointed by Lost Chapters as well. Battle system is boring(even Zelda has better)

You best not be insulting Zelda. Not in front of what I can easily assume to be hundreds upon hundreds of Zelda fans around here, myself being one of them. The gaming platform of the Zelda series has always been and always will be one of the best and one of the easiest to use.

You must really like sporatic battling tatics that require no stategy and no thought what-so-ever, it seems.
driftingfe3s
It was a bit fun. I played it on he PC. But I agree on it being too short and very linear in game play. When I first heard about it I thought you could go anywhere you wanted and do whatever you wanted. But its very limited in what you actually can do.
madsencarl
I've never played it, I've never even heard of it, but I reckon that it's a horribly disaterous game because, it's on Xbox.
Hanpusu-kun
That Fable would be a complete failure was predicted when Peter Molyneux started hyping up the game to the maximum.
Sure, there is games that are better than this, but P.M. screwed it up.