FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


PS3 vs Xbox 360






Pick
PS3
68%
 68%  [ 31 ]
Xbox
31%
 31%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 45

BurgerPimp07
I know PS3 hasn't been released yet, and isn't due for months but what system do you think will be better? On paper, according to sites I've been searing on, the PS3 is more powerful. I've also heard rumors that the PS3 will be cheaper than the Xbox at it's release.

Xbox plans to release Halo for 360 when the PS3 is released to hurt PS3's sales. I don't think that will work since PS3 has so many famous game titles that are being released when the system is like the new GTA and Grand Turismo.

What do you guys think, I've always been a PlayStation fan myself, but who do you think is going to take the cake?






PS. I heard that the Revolution is going to be great too. Not graphics wise, but by the gameplay style. Check this out for more info.

http://www.1up.com/do/download?cId=3141680
Monkeydog
The Rev has already pwned both of them, do to free internet and backwardsness.

I'd got with the 360 at the moment...PS3 is looking pretty dumb so far(and I love PSX and hate Xbox)
SilverDogg
arent there already threads covering this?

id go with rev anyday, anytime!

if i had to choose one of the other two, it would be the xbox360.
the ps3 is nothing but a brag-job.

"look at us, our machine can show games in 120fps, and it can make toasts, and it can fly, and it can spin around and dance, and lots of other stuff to brag about".

sony, and especially ken kutaragi (misspelling?) are just looking more and more stupid in my eyes. it seems like they are extremely afraid of microsoft time this around, and they should be (even though xbox360 didnt start out like the big smash).

anyway, i think that nintendo actually have a chance at the top spot this time. why? because it will be so cheap, it will be a supliment to either the xbox360 or the ps3. one can pick up a box or a toaster, and with it they can also buy the rev because of its price. basically, this could mean for one box and one toaster sold, two revs are sold.

of course that calculation isnt really realistic, but you understand what i mean Wink
Mr. McCoy
BurgerPimp07 wrote:
I know PS3 hasn't been released yet, and isn't due for months but what system do you think will be better? On paper, according to sites I've been searing on, the PS3 is more powerful. I've also heard rumors that the PS3 will be cheaper than the Xbox at it's release.

Xbox plans to release Halo for 360 when the PS3 is released to hurt PS3's sales. I don't think that will work since PS3 has so many famous game titles that are being released when the system is like the new GTA and Grand Turismo.

What do you guys think, I've always been a PlayStation fan myself, but who do you think is going to take the cake?






PS. I heard that the Revolution is going to be great too. Not graphics wise, but by the gameplay style. Check this out for more info.

http://www.1up.com/do/download?cId=3141680


im a big PS fan myself, and i dont think the new xbox is THAT cool (tryed it and its not really that awsome!)

tho' the grapgic and hardware i good!
Hanpusu-kun
SilverDogg wrote:
arent there already threads covering this?

id go with rev anyday, anytime!

if i had to choose one of the other two, it would be the xbox360.
the ps3 is nothing but a brag-job.

"look at us, our machine can show games in 120fps, and it can make toasts, and it can fly, and it can spin around and dance, and lots of other stuff to brag about".

sony, and especially ken kutaragi (misspelling?) are just looking more and more stupid in my eyes. it seems like they are extremely afraid of microsoft time this around, and they should be (even though xbox360 didnt start out like the big smash).

anyway, i think that nintendo actually have a chance at the top spot this time. why? because it will be so cheap, it will be a supliment to either the xbox360 or the ps3. one can pick up a box or a toaster, and with it they can also buy the rev because of its price. basically, this could mean for one box and one toaster sold, two revs are sold.

of course that calculation isnt really realistic, but you understand what i mean Wink


I agree with you, and guess how much its gonna to cost maybe? 500$?
kansloos
The PS3 will probably be better then the Xbox360
but I heard that the CPU's in the Nextgen consoles will be pretty bad.
so the enemy will walk around like mindless zombies.

I'll just stick to my PC & F.E.A.R
Dark_Jedi06
The Revolution, it's going to actually improve something besides graphics and will pwn both of them.

I'm glad to see it's listed here, oh wait it's not, no one ever bothers to mention Nintendo. Confused
duckling
first of all ergonomy is too important Smile so it's a big advantage for PS3 Very Happy

if you talk about the properties of them, it's not hard to say which one is better Very Happy of course PS3 Smile

all about PS3:

http://www.ps3portal.com

Smile
Billwaa
PS2 for sure. Xbox suck, Microsoft make bad softwares and machine, except the operation system (of course almost everyone use Win XP). PS3's graphic is almost at the state of 95% realistic from what I see.

For example, don't this look kind of real to you?







Monkeydog
Billwaa wrote:
PS2 for sure. Xbox suck, Microsoft make bad softwares and machine, except the operation system (of course almost everyone use Win XP). PS3's graphic is almost at the state of 95% realistic from what I see.


1) Microsoft's Xbox is more reliable than the PS2, the PS2's hardware is junk.

2) Everyone uses XP because their made too, not totally out of choice.

3) GFX do not = Gameplay.
SilverDogg
Billwaa wrote:
PS2 for sure. Xbox suck, Microsoft make bad softwares and machine, except the operation system (of course almost everyone use Win XP). PS3's graphic is almost at the state of 95% realistic from what I see.

For example, don't this look kind of real to you?


i think they showed pictures similar like this when it was some game to ps2 (was it maybe getaway even?), and well, the outcome wasnt all that nice to be honest, it looked like shit.

dont get me wrong, ps3 will have sweet graphics, no doubt about it. but i wouldnt trust anything sony shows until i get some real stuff instead. i mean, the killzone video they showed at e3 actually only ran at 2-3fps, only speeded.

i suggest you take pretty much EVERTHING sony says with a bit of salt. or maybe even a handful.
Natrualkiller
ps 3 will probly blow xbox 360 away considering microsoft rushed xbox 360
Billwaa
PS2 for sure. Xbox suck, Microsoft make bad softwares and machine, except the operation system (of course almost everyone use Win XP). PS3's graphic is almost at the state of 95% realistic from what I see.

For example, don't this look kind of real to you?







SilverDogg
Billwaa wrote:
PS2 for sure. Xbox suck, Microsoft make bad softwares and machine, except the operation system (of course almost everyone use Win XP). PS3's graphic is almost at the state of 95% realistic from what I see.

For example, don't this look kind of real to you?


did you even read what i wrote? or did you just write something random once again?

i dont trust those pics one bit! do you remember the pictures of madden that was shown before pics of games on the 360 was shown? looked pretty ****** sweet huh? remember what the outcome looks like? no? then check it out!

and believe me, sony are even worse than microsoft when it comes to fooling people out there into believing them. they do it with everything, toying with the numbers, toying with pictures and what not.

once again, i trust those pictures as much as i trust the government.
rockinxxl
As a machine, the PS3 will be more powerful than the XBox360, but Microsoft will have a year ahead of its rival in terms of sales, development, and future fan base.

However, Sony also has a solid following and it is difficult to speculate exactly which way the scales will tip.

I assume that the XBox360 will press root itself firmly, and upon the release of the PS3, with its greater capabilities, will start stripping away and/or sharing the XBox360's fanbase.
squeakypants
Quote:
I know PS3 hasn't been released yet, and isn't due for months but what system do you think will be better?


how do you judge a system isn't out yet
Quote:

On paper, according to sites I've been searing on, the PS3 is more powerful.


very VERY little has been released about the ps3. however, it does have 7 processors Wink still, no specs have been released, its all rumors

Quote:
I've also heard rumors that the PS3 will be cheaper than the Xbox at it's release.


well thats just bs


stop trying to judge the two when one isn't out yet. i'm a sony fan, but the truth is we still don't know what the ps3 will be. stop with the polls!
GDG
Actually i dont think a lot of people understand what power this cell chip has. Toshiba has already used it in 2 of its newest servers that are going to be sodl to companies. People see the specs but don't understand until they fell it for themselves, so its logical that we don't believe PS3 is gonna be all that.

As for me, i do believe it will be all that, because i understand the specs a bit more than everyone else does because i know how they work. But we will see, I mean i coudl be wrong LOL!!! Very Happy
jozsi1983
2 Words cell processor Ps3 all the way Smile
TeK
Xbox 360 for me. It had more interesting titles in my oppinion. The PS3 looked more focused on sequels, and the only games for it that really have my interest is Heavenly Sword and I-8, whereas there are a crapload of 360 games that I want.
SilverDogg
regarding the ps3s cell. what i have heard is that it has some problems with ai =/. was some time since i read this though, so this might actually not be a problem anymore.

but we musnt forget the melting factor xD
Hanpusu-kun
SilverDogg wrote:
regarding the ps3s cell. what i have heard is that it has some problems with ai =/. was some time since i read this though, so this might actually not be a problem anymore.

but we musnt forget the melting factor xD


yeah, that melting thingy ^^;
not good sony, not good.
Tilly
Well, I haven't heard much from the Playstation front (I know about the cell processor and the 7 wireless controller capability and the graphics), so I'm going to have to say that of the two systems, the XBox 360 will do better. As the posters have said above, gameplay will be the more important factor, and neither next gen console promises that as much as graphics. However, XBox will have 2 exclusive games from Mistwalker Studios, which I'm very interested in, as they will be designed by the core team of the original Final Fantasy series. With Square-Enix posting demos for XBox 360, I think it's a safe bet to say that PS3 won't share the same exclusivity for the series as its predecessor did. Also, probably more importantly, XBox was the first out of the two. People who want to invest 500 dollars on a game console or more have already spent that money, or will when the next shipment arrives.

However, like some of the others in this thread, I have to say that I think the Revolution will be the king of the hill in this round. Revolution will be cheaper, will have more gameplay options, and then there's the free internet and the total backward compatability. That controller will really innovate things, and that's before the inevitable third party attachments come out. I think Revolution has the ability to come out on top, and will, unless they don't include a 'gritty realistic' game at launch... they still have a 'kiddie' reputation that needs addressing. ^_^;
Billwaa
squeakypants wrote:

Quote:

On paper, according to sites I've been searing on, the PS3 is more powerful.


very VERY little has been released about the ps3. however, it does have 7 processors Wink still, no specs have been released, its all rumors




offical webpage?

scoll down for specs

http://www.playstation.jp/news/2005/pr_050517_ps3.html
Dustinin
The specs on the PS3 are impossible, especially at the price range that they are setting. If you ask me sony is just about to make another mistake that their company is so famous for.


My 360 is the best system, nothing that sony will put out will produce a noticable difference from the xbox 360
votd
Bah, Xbox 360 is nothing but a middle-gen, not next-gen. There is still some time left to PS3 launch, so the specification can be changed. Sony is famous of mistakes? And you say Microsoft is clear? Hell no, Xbox 360 with DVD only is a good example of their stupidy!
Monkeydog
Ummm, no. The N64 and DS both used cartirdiges even if their were better options aviable. Just because the console uses a diffrent format disc, still doesn't mean much.
godam64
xbox 360 is good machine but lack of good games. ps3 rule lot of games that xbox 360 don't have. if we can play ps3 game on xbox360 it would be advantages to 360 Wink
duckmandrake54
I think PS3 will blow X-BOX 360 out of the water. I predict that there will be more people that buy PS3 because Sony is a more reliable company then Microsoft. I'm sorry for all you xbox fans out there but, Microsoft has a history of releasing products before they actually should. Sony will definitely make more money on PS3 then Microsoft will on 360. Microsoft products have had the following problems over the years:

1) Crappy products and unreliable products

2) Systems and computers that have had major glitches because they are not careful about debugging the thing before hand.

3) Windows ME had a lot of glitches. Believe me it did. I switched back to windows 98 because ME had a lot of slowdown and some major security issues.
moatasem
PS3 is best for games
pob944
i think the best console is xbox because sony rush very to make the PS3 Sad
jeffleo
PS3 controllers are great. Console never had a problem. Games are cheaper? Or is it, LOL. Anyways, I support PS3 because Unreal Tournament 2007 is set to release on PS3. Haha, also, some cool games are also set to be released in PS3 console.
cheatonmaps
I think the ps3 will be better. The xbox takes up a ton of power and is louder than anyother console out there.
SilverDogg
and you dont think ps3 will use a lot of power aswell? with all that crap in there, i would guess it will take more.

if it will make more noises or not, that i dont know though.
leftofcenter
Playstation = Final Fantasy = Kingdom Hearts = ROXOR.

End of story. Very Happy
sudha
i think ps3 is better
i haven't tested either but gone tru many editorials related
i came to know complain of frequent crashes of xbox
so expects ps3 to atleast remove such discripencies Arrow
phantomllama
i think more ppl will buy the ps3 plainly bcause the specs are so far ahead of the 360 and absolutely no-one will buy the revoloution
dpkteam
I think xbox 360 is better. Becouse xbox was better sony play station
izimngcubes15
I think Xbox 360 is better, PS3 is just.....I don't like it at all, at least Xbox 360 has some style and taste.
kany
Well i have never thought that Xbox can ever take the Play Station down. Playstation Rocks.
maddog
I prefer the PS3, i don't know why, but maybe it's because i already have a PS2, and i like that one very much...Smile I think the graphics are better... and there are a lot of different games, i want to buy the PS3 in the near future, but at the moment i don't have the money Smile Mad Wink
nopaniers
I'm not a big console fan, but those graphics of London on the PS3 look great.

I really don't like the XBox. I do like computer games, but somehow it seems to leech all the fun out of them. I feel like I'm just wasting time when I play it. It's just my personal opinion, PS is just way more fun than XBox.
xhardcorex12
i have xbox 360 and i love it u can do so many things on it watching tv is

aswome on it.... and i found out the other day that Sony is Delaying PS3 launch now, maybe even untill christmas 06
cueno
PS3 all the way! all i can say is METAL GEAR 4!!!!!!!! the trailers and preveiws are orgasmic. even thought its most definatly chalked up by sony, I can still dream that it will look that good.
If you havent seen it yet...:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/metalgearsolid4/media.html?sid=6125265&mode=gameplay&autoplay=6125265[url][/url]
Scaramanga
All I'm pretty much seeing in this thread is extreme fanboyism and not a lot of facts.

Estimates for the cost of the PS3 are ranging in the $600-900 range, and even IF Sony takes a loss on these you're still talking around $500. This coupled with the fact that the Blu-ray technology Sony is using isn't even finalized yet, could drive this cost even higher.

That being said, I don't think it's going to make much difference. Sony still makes a lot of money off PS2 games and the PSP (although the latter not as much.) Even if they have to delay the launch (which is looking more and more likely) to Summer or Fall, they're still sitting pretty (on a big pile of cash.) Very Happy Although Sony shares did take a big hit with news of the possible delay, so who knows.

I can't honestly say which system is or will be better, nor can I even speculate, because I haven't played a PS3 (nor I imagine has anyone else here.)

Sources:
Financial Time article on PS3 launch delays
USA Today article (via Rueters) on the PS3
nacho
PS3 all the way! Playstation has always been better than Xbox. The graphics card that the ps3 will have is going to be much more powerful. I heard that if you buy the ps3 video card right now is over 1000$. It will have billions of pixels for extreme graphics.
eason2012
Dustinin wrote:
The specs on the PS3 are impossible, especially at the price range that they are setting. If you ask me sony is just about to make another mistake that their company is so famous for.


My 360 is the best system, nothing that sony will put out will produce a noticable difference from the xbox 360


this is axactlly what i think. i have always been a big an of Microsoft and always hated sony when it comes to gaming. the 360 might have a few flaws bt they are fixing them and sending them out to 360 owners for free all over the world Very Happy . i have a 360 myself and i think that is ROCKS Very Happy . i think that garphics really dont make a gaming consle. and as far as i know Sony has not officaly released any specs for PS3 so u really cant depened on what u see or hear.
rory
What does it matter about what other people think, as we all are into different styles of games etc and have different opinions.
For example.
My brother thinks that his car racing games, eg wacky wheels, which I played before he was born, are better on graphics and gameplay then cs:s or BattleField2, I think otherwise.
Also I have a Xbox360 at the moment, BUT I am planning on getting a ps3 maybe in a year, when prices have dropped. Wink
Rory
Scaramanga
New PS3 news....

Haha, PS3 may not even be able to come with a Blu-Ray DVD, or if so, there will probably have to be non-Blu-Ray DVD low-end models. Check out this article at IGN about the HD/Blue-Ray DVD copy protection crap that will likely mean next gen DVDs won't play unless you've got an all digital HDTV (HDMI or DVI.)

Sometimes guys, more powerful, faster, turbo-charged hardware, ain't all that's it cracked up to be. Personally I think the jury is still out on the PS3.

And for the next person that says something like "zOMG, teh PS3 r0xxorZ!!!1," just shut up, seriously. You're not contributing to ANY sort of informed discussion here. I don't care if you like Sony more than Microsoft, it makes no difference.
Koiji
I don't know about Sony making more money than Microsoft, because the PS3 is going to cost a lot more to manufature. For anyone to buy it, Sony is going to have to price it significantly under wholesale price.
We all know console manufactures lose money the first year or so a new console is out because no one would pay the price it takes to manufacture the thing. But I believe that Sony is going to lose quite a bit more than Microsoft is on the PS3 than the Xbox 360, depending really, on when it comes out.
saiko
i have loads of Playstation 1 and Playstation 2 titles, if i buy a XBox 360, i have to dump those...which i dont want, so i'd go for Playstation 3 only.

and any day there would be more games available in Playstation than Xbox....atleast in the near future...


saiko
Scaramanga
saiko wrote:
i have loads of Playstation 1 and Playstation 2 titles, if i buy a XBox 360, i have to dump those...which i dont want, so i'd go for Playstation 3 only.

Why would you have to dump your PS1 & 2 games?! Have you sold off your PS2?
jeffleo
Erm, I think he plans to dump his PS2 after he buys a new console, LOL! PS3 all the way. Titles that are going to be released on PS3 are:
- Resident Evil
- Devil May Cry
- Metal Gear Solid
- Unreal Tournament

There are alot more good titles. I just can't wait for the release.

Xbox has Core Armour, but I think PS3 has that too... ?
northgalaxy
im an xbox fan but i was disapointed with the 360s because mine came with a broken contoller (d pad didnt work) and my friends over heated if he played for too long, so im going to have to go with ps3, plus the sceen shots for ps3 look awesome
Kelcey
pob944 wrote:
i think the best console is xbox because sony rush very to make the PS3 Sad


Wait, who is rushing? The Xbox 360 is out with a slew of problems. They've released 3 updates on Live already. A lot of their games have received updates as well due to their buginess (being RUSHED out). Last I heard, the xbox 360 was a console gaming platform, not a blizzard/mmorpg wannabe platform. The PS3 and Revolution aren't even out yet. By far, the 360 was rushed and the whole world knows it.
Related topics
Xbox 360 vs PS3
xbox 360
XBOX 360 vs. PS3
XBOX 360 or PS3
the battle between revolution, ps3, and xbox 360
ps3 vs xbox 360
PlayStation 3
never ending game.
PS3 or Xbox 360
[Official]Wii
PS3 vs. Xbox
ps3 vs xbox 360
reply ps3 thread - end of...
Ps3 Or Xbox 360
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Games

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.