FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

bright eyes sucks

styles101
I canot stand bright eyes aqualung is better
bjwok
i heard bright eyes for the first time over the weekend and i really liked it. i was making out with a girl i really dig, so maybe that was why i liked it? anyway a friend at work is giving me a copy, so i'll listen to it with open ears and give you the full run-down later...
nakamaru
Bright eyes rules. The lyrics actually mean something.
bjwok
so how many members make up bright eyes, and what is their best album (in your opinion)
nakamaru
Technically two musicians with a backup band. Their best album is Lifted or The Story Is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground in my opinion.
bjwok
hi nakamaru,

cheers for that, i'll hunt out both those albums...
anxiety1
i think there amazing!!

yeh the lyricS are really meaningful, well the whole songs are!

Why do they suck?
quick_basic
Let me guess that you have never heard of them/listened to them.
bjwok
thats right quick_basic,

i only heard them that one time when i was making out with georgie, but i want to hear some more, if not to remind me of her, then to find a new band to enjoy!
therestofus
Bright Eyes is an amazingly talented band, and if you think otherwise than you are a real moron. Even if you dont like them, they are super talented.
nakamaru
therestofus wrote:
Bright Eyes is an amazingly talented band, and if you think otherwise than you are a real moron. Even if you dont like them, they are super talented.

Cheers to that.
ignitionnight
I can see why people don't like him, because his voice is pretty bad. I however, love his music. Conor Oberst is a great song writer, and probably one of the best ones out there today, and he put his first cd out at the age of 14.
bjwok
just found out today on indiepoprocks that birght eyes do that tune:

'lover i don't have to love'

i like that song, looking forward to hearing the whole album...
therestofus
I actually think he has a really good voice, its just very unique.
ddukki
Bright Eyes is one of the underrated bands out there who deserve better. I mean, sure the singer's got a rocky voice, but that's his style and that's the mood. You can't mess with an Indie band with great lyrics and a style all their own.
cherryflows
I think Coner Oberst sounds like a drunk goat when he sings.

I am also in love with everything he has written.
Shrapnel
I think brighteyes is kinda ok but they just don't float better but ok lyrics.
The guy is weird, i dont think anyone except girls that cry all day should listen to them. I just doesn't make secse. Look at any other bands, Rage, Led zeppelin, doors, anyone But brighteyes. I just wished he wasn't soo sad and he'd get a woman, not be one.

His music is soooo odd and it's not very undepressing, it probally makes all these girls cry they are the only one who should like him anyways

This is my opion from a anti-bright eyes standpoint

Yes and i have a goat and he can sing better...when he isn't even drunk
Ragnarok
their best song by far is "first day of my life" just so awesome and melancholy, i put it on when my prozac runs out. j/k
michael88
so far so good, but not my favourite.
nakamaru
All I can say is that the lyrics are really meaningful.