FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Family Guy

styles101
Who deoesnt like the show family guy honestly
Sentenza
I think it's fantastic. A bit rough for religion, but I think it's alright, that somebody out there needs to get that far within humour.
chargoyle
Family Guy is great. Obviously, there's some stuff in there that people are going to think is offensive. But, that kind of comes with the territory of when and where it's aired. Some of the episodes are not-so-great, either kinda dry of pushing a joke too far it just isn't funny. But all in all, when you combine a baby genius trying to take over the world, an obese father with crazy ideas about.....everything, an awkward teenage son, and everyone else on the show (giggity giggity giggity) how can you fail?
bjwok
a mate at work gave me family guy season 1 dvd and i watched it. first impression was 'this is too simpson' - i.e. the simpsons have done it and done it well already so why bother trying to emulate it?

as the episodes went on i grew to appreciate it more.

season 2 and 3 changed my opinion somewhat. i figured that although a hell of a lot of the humour has already been tackled before on the simpsons, there is a somewhat 'original' slant to this show. i think what sealed it for me was quagmyer walking into a lesbian bar and saying to two chicks 'so, either of you ever been penetrated?' - that kind of straight down the line offensive behaviour renewed my interest!

and no one can dispute the fact that this show is a blatant derivative of the simpons, but all the same you can certainly accept it for that and enjoy a good snigger at some down right silly television!
Reaper
styles101 wrote:

That would be me.

Eh I actually enjoy family guy, its an exelent comedy series. I guess you could say that its an mix of several animated comedys like the simpsoms, futurama, and a few others that can be considered truely Funny as hell Smile
tony
Reaper wrote:
styles101 wrote:

That would be me.

Eh I actually enjoy family guy, its an exelent comedy series. I guess you could say that its an mix of several animated comedys like the simpsoms, futurama, and a few others that can be considered truely Funny as hell Smile

you said you didnt like it and then you complimented it several times over. what do you have against family guy?
jongoldsz
Family Guy is one of the best shows I have ever watched, but it is also one of the most racist shows on TV. If anyone is wondering why Family Guy was cancelled after season 3, it is because it was too racist. Especially the episode called "Wish Upon a Weinstein", in which Peter tries to convert Chris to be Jewish, so he will be rich.
MrStone
I usually dispise all forms of television, until Family Guy comes on. I think its the most origional shows on television right now. In my opinion, after season 5 of the simpsons, they have started to go down hill. I think its beacuse Matt Groening stopped doing them.

I'd insert a family guy quote here, but im new, and im afraid of getting banned.
bjwok
hey jongoldsz,

give an example of the racisim in family guy? (i'm not having a dig, just curious as i never got that impression)
n0obie4life
Check the movies & television forum, there's a post there.

http://frihost.com/forums/search.php

-close-